Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Attention now turns to San Diego

Tough trip to a inconsistent and flawed by dangerous team. How do we go about beating these guys? Would be a huge win to go 9-2 and all but clinch a play off spot early (I know we can't really officially clinch, but are any AFC teams apart from Indi going to get 9 wins outside of the division winnders?).

Blog Entries

Re: Attention now turns to San Diego

San Diego has some serious o-line issues. Phillip Rivers has been getting hit a ton, and he's been had to throw under pressure a lot this year. If we can get some decent pressure on Rivers, we should walk away with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    San Diego has some serious o-line issues. Phillip Rivers has been getting hit a ton, and he's been had to throw under pressure a lot this year. If we can get some decent pressure on Rivers, we should walk away with a win.
    I am sure Jared Gaither will get "motivated" to play and have his best game of the year....then immediately go on IR.

They don't have the most rowdy fans, and we seemed to travel pretty well there last year, I'd say that it might be a chance to start up the no huddle offense again. I'd say that we also need to make our commitment to Jones a kick returner, as that was a weapon that we weren't using earlier the in season. And ultimately, it's going to be about getting to Rivers: getting sacks, batting down the balls, and trying to disrupt him.

Blog Entries

I could see this game going either way - big loss or big win. They have put up some serious numbers against the Ravens but they've struggled this year. Their defense is not what we faced last night by a long stretch, so the offense should be able to find some holes.

Ravens are favored right now by 2 points.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I could see this game going either way - big loss or big win. They have put up some serious numbers against the Ravens but they've struggled this year. Their defense is not what we faced last night by a long stretch, so the offense should be able to find some holes.

Ravens are favored right now by 2 points.
    But the Chargers are missing Vincent Jackson which is a huge loss for them. It's not the same team we faced last year. That being said, Rivers can still make plays.

Blog Entries

The Chargers have no receivers right now. Gates is old and hurt. Floyd is decent. Their OL sucks. Their D isn't that great.

Still, this is a road game...on the west coast...and they get up to play the Ravens. The Ravens could still botch this game BIG TIME. Plus, I'm sure they are going to be leaning heavily on Jarrett Johnson for information and tendencies.

The Chargers, from what I've seen, have already packed it in for the season. They are playing uninspired football. That could be the biggest advantage the Ravens have heading into next weekend.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

It's a tough long trip, and last year we got killed there. Winning would all but assure a playoff spot very early in the season.

Could go either way, they have some talent but like others have said, they aren't the same with out Vjax, and Gates is a shell of himself. If last night's D shows up, we'll win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The Chargers, from what I've seen, have already packed it in for the season. They are playing uninspired football. That could be the biggest advantage the Ravens have heading into next weekend.
    It seems that way. I think Norv Turner and AJ Smith are done in SD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ive seen the same... they really dont even care. Except for a few youngsters trying to make a name for themselves its really been bad all around. Good news some may have their wish and have Norv be available.
    -JAB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Most years you're right, they absolutely turn it on this time of year, but no one can turn things around with that offensive line. I've watched 3 of their last 4 games in their entirety and that offensive line is the worst I've seen this year. There were two seperate plays in the most recent Denver game where Phillip Rivers saw multiple rushers coming from the right side. He yelled out to the offensive line to slide right to account for all rushers and both time the offensive line let Von Miller through unblocked. By no means do the Ravens have a Von Miller and Dumerville for pass rushes (especially with Suggs still not 100% in shape) but that line is so bad that I think we still get consistent pressure on him.
    Their oline has been terrible after dielman and mcneil retired and we all know about gaither. Gaither has missed a ton of games this year. I'm hoping he misses this game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Ed Reed gets an INT! ;)