Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Attention now turns to San Diego

Last year's San Diego is still fresh in my mind so I really hope we are catching them at the right time. Dan Pees is going to have to get just as creative as he did against Pitt with this front seven.

As for the Joe, Cam and the offense. It's a road game. The jury is still deadlock. Teams have had a lot of success throwing the ball this year against the Chargers. I'm not confident we can do the same. Our road inconsistency is just too overwhelming. I think we see a smiliar type game we had against Pitt. Good defense and barely enough offense.

Good seats still available, doubt anyone will be thier well over 10K seats left and cause of Thanksgiving weekend doubt many SDer's will be at the game. Chargers are pretty bad this year, now the defense is leaking oil too. Ravens should win this one. Plus, its not primetime game like last year. At least last year SD had a primetime game to get up for with division still unclear. Now they are dead in the water. They have a bad record vs a week schedule as well. AFCW outside of Denver is the worst division in football easily.

Blog Entries

Agree with the previous post. Different season, different game. If I remember correctly last year the Chargers had just won 2 straight by a large margin and were coming on strong with a late push for a playoff berth. Factor in that it was a Sunday night game with an amp'd up crowd and players. Fast forward to this season. Chargers in the midst of a 2 game losing streak. Not eliminated from the playoffs but definitely on the outside looking in at this point and with no chance of winning the division. Just another run of the mill 1pm (PT) game. Ravens should take it fairly easily and head back east for a December slate of games where they don't leave Maryland until December 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Good seats still available, doubt anyone will be thier well over 10K seats left and cause of Thanksgiving weekend doubt many SDer's will be at the game.
    Don't worry The West Wing LA will be bringing close to 500 fans. Who wants to get the 9500 tickets so San Diego residents can watch us win from their couches?

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    And the Chargers always seem to come on strong at this time of the season
    I just don't see the Chargers rising from the dead this year. I think the tank is empty, and this is Norv's last year.

And for some reason, I think this is one road game where the offense will do well. They're not happy about their performance in Pittsburgh, and I think they're going to play pissed off.

Blog Entries

My concern is that Norv knows Cam very well--Cam was Norv's assistant when Norv was HC of the Redskins. Can even runs a variant of Norv's off. scheme.
    That familiarity with both Cam & his scheme gives Norv an edge--and we saw that last year when the Chargers D trounced our offense.

Norv (or his DC) adjusted to a Cover 3 after our passing offense showed signs of matching theirs and it worked, mainly because Cam made no attempt to counter it by running shallower routes underneath the 3 safeties or running the ball more to force them to play nearer the line. Instead he just kept sending Torrey & Q on deep slow developing patterns, right into the teeth of their Cover 3. And with our O-Line struggling to stop their 4 man pass rush, and our receivers unable to get open even when the protection was there, that was one of Flacco's worst games.

Am I supposed to believe anything's changed? That Cam won't repeat the same mistakes that he almost always does? I don't want to, but I'm predicting this as our 3rd loss for the season.

SURPRISE ME CAM PROVE ME WRONG I WANT YOU TO
    Couldn't the reverse be stated too? Cam knows Norv's offense and how they'll defend ours. I think the familiarity thing only goes so far

Quote Originally Posted by Kazy View Post
    Don't worry The West Wing LA will be bringing close to 500 fans. Who wants to get the 9500 tickets so San Diego residents can watch us win from their couches?
    Thanks for the link, very cool.

And the Chargers always seem to come on strong at this time of the season
    Most years you're right, they absolutely turn it on this time of year, but no one can turn things around with that offensive line. I've watched 3 of their last 4 games in their entirety and that offensive line is the worst I've seen this year. There were two seperate plays in the most recent Denver game where Phillip Rivers saw multiple rushers coming from the right side. He yelled out to the offensive line to slide right to account for all the rushers and both times the offensive line let Von Miller through unblocked. By no means do the Ravens have a Von Miller and Dumerville for pass rushers (especially with Suggs still not 100% in shape) but that line is so bad that I think we still get consistent pressure on him.
    Last edited by Cj34; 11-20-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Most years you're right, they absolutely turn it on this time of year, but no one can turn things around with that offensive line. I've watched 3 of their last 4 games in their entirety and that offensive line is the worst I've seen this year. There were two seperate plays in the most recent Denver game where Phillip Rivers saw multiple rushers coming from the right side. He yelled out to the offensive line to slide right to account for all rushers and both time the offensive line let Von Miller through unblocked. By no means do the Ravens have a Von Miller and Dumerville for pass rushes (especially with Suggs still not 100% in shape) but that line is so bad that I think we still get consistent pressure on him.
    Their oline has been terrible after dielman and mcneil retired and we all know about gaither. Gaither has missed a ton of games this year. I'm hoping he misses this game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Ed Reed gets an INT! ;)

Blog Entries

I had the Ravens over the Steelers 23 - 20. Slightly higher score than really happened, so I'm using it again (not trying to wear it out) as Ravens 23 - Chargers 20. If we can win in San Diego, then face a Rothlessteelers team in Baltimore, we can be in the cat-bird seat come December... Bc

So let's say our O really kills them. That helps seal Norv's fate -- a guy a lot of us would like to see on the market so we can make him our OC.

But if our O does do well, that helps cement Cam's position . . . Probably gets an extension until 2019. Ugh

If Cam should decide to join Pees upstairs, I'll help pay someone to push him out the window.

Ravens 19-16