Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Attention now turns to San Diego

I marked this game as a loss before the season. Now it's a maybe W. I still see it as a headache nail biting hard to watch game. Hopefully we can eek out a win. If we can get the kind of pressure we did last night, and with how pathetic their OL is we better, than we can win.

If Cam suddenly gets the flu or some other disaster that he cannot make the game than I'd say we win big. As it stands, with us needing the O to step up it'll be close, maybe Tucker 50 yarder to win the game type close.

Well this matchup just got a little tougher with Ed Reed's one game suspension

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    We can also....."Alaska, Alaska"

But yes, Peyton's ability to see what the defense intends to do, before the snap, means they are almost always running the best possible play that could be run at that moment. There aren't many that have that ability (the coach on the field ability).
    IMO we don't run enough motion, which causes the defense to tip their hand, enabling Flacco to get better pre-snap reads.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Well this matchup just got a little tougher with Ed Reed's one game suspension
    Perhaps. I recall last year Rivers torching us on at least one play where both the CB and Ed bit hard on fakes. There is no doubt we lose some potential for a big play interception. But I also think we may reduce the chances of getting burnt deep. And we probably gain in terms of tackling on runs and short passes.

I would rather have Ed, but I am not sure Ihedigbo or whoever steps in will mean as much of a drop-off as we would tend to think while still viewing Ed2012 as Ed2004 or even Ed2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    IMO we don't run enough motion, which causes the defense to tip their hand, enabling Flacco to get better pre-snap reads.
    True. Plus we don't even seem to have/use the standard beat-the-blitz fallbacks or hot reads like quick slants even if we do recognize their intention.

Seen numerous SD games, yesterdays game too in Denver. Their may have one of the worst OL in football that got worse when Vasquez (G) also got hurt yesterday. Defense doesnt get much pressure and is not very good either. Good Charger buddy had me bet against Chargers cause he thinks Rivers has a sore shoulder and others have questioned it too. By the look of his throws yesterday he had no mustard on them at all and looked like his arm is sore. Lots of ducks, quails and severely underthrown balls. But, it will be tough game for sure all Raven games are decided in final 5 minutes. But, I doubt SD repeats last years performance, they arent very good.

They always seem to play us tough. I think we can win but the game will be close IMO.

It seems to me the crappiest of teams suddenly play their best when it's the Ravens. SD whooped us last year and yes both teams have changed since then, but our road woes have carried over to this year. I marked this as a loss at the beginning of the season and I still think we're going to lose until this team proves they have gotten over the hump of road losses on a consistent basis. Chargers are not very good this year but they are no worse than how we play on the road (with some exclusion to our divisional opponents). If this team can prove me wrong, I will be THRILLED with a win out of SD. I'll gladly take being wrong.

BTW, can someone tell me how or why we have played the Chargers two years in a row at THEIR stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    It seems to me the crappiest of teams suddenly play their best when it's the Ravens. SD whooped us last year and yes both teams have changed since then, but our road woes have carried over to this year. I marked this as a loss at the beginning of the season and I still think we're going to lose until this team proves they have gotten over the hump of road losses on a consistent basis. Chargers are not very good this year but they are no worse than how we play on the road (with some exclusion to our divisional opponents). If this team can prove me wrong, I will be THRILLED with a win out of SD. I'll gladly take being wrong.

BTW, can someone tell me how or why we have played the Chargers two years in a row at THEIR stadium?
    I think in 2009 or 2010 they changed the format for home/away games when you play other divisions. IIRC we played Arizona at home in 07 and then we played them again last year.
    I think this is why we will have played Denver at home both in 09 and 12.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    I think in 2009 or 2010 they changed the format for home/away games when you play other divisions. IIRC we played Arizona at home in 07 and then we played them again last year.
    Yes, though last year's Chargers game was on our schedule due to the two division-finish-dependent games on each team's schedule, and I don't think their home/away status is predicated on the every-3 year division vs division matchup scheduling.

But you are correct about the 2009 switch. We actually played the Chargers on the road in 2009 as well (last division vs division matchup). And we played them in 2007 at San Diego also, lol (division-finish-dependent matchup). So this week we will be playing them the 4th straight time in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    But shouldn't it alternate stadiums? That's what I'm not getting. Two years in a row we have to travel west to play them...seems a bit lopsided.

Blog Entries

At the beginning of the year I, too had this marked as a loss. But I don't know; this year's Ravens is starting to get that look about them like they are a team of destiny. I can't explain it. They just do. We have the 20th ranked offense, the 25th ranked defense, crippling injuries on the defensive side of the ball, a still unsettled offensive line (which is the reason why we have a juggernaut of an offense at home, inept one on the road), yet we're 8 and 2. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we beat SD and ran the table. With this team, anything is possible.