Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Raven's Super Bowl Ring for Sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008

I found this interesting for a couple reasons,

1. How much would a super bowl ring be worth? Last I checked it was over 15K.

2. Why would Corey Harris get rid of it? I don't think it is Corey who is auctioning it but he must have given it away. One would hope if he gave it to a friend for sentimental reasons that person wouldn't turn around and sell it? Or maybe he needs the money? but he played for a while and would have plenty of money. It is odd and kind of sad to me. I mean that ring would symbolize the pinnacle of a career to me and to give it away...even for 15K seems pretty desperate or something...

He played a large role in the Ravens season and super bowl win that year...

"Harris played on a defense in Baltimore that ranked second overall in the NFL in 2001, 2000 and 1999. He also recorded a team-high 26 special teams’ tackles during the 2000 campaign and recorded four tackles and two special teams' stops during the team's Super Bowl XXXV victory over the New York Giants (January 28, 2001)."

Re: Raven's Super Bowl Ring for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008

I found this interesting for a couple reasons,

1. How much would a super bowl ring be worth? Last I checked it was over 15K.

2. Why would Corey Harris get rid of it? I don't think it is Corey who is auctioning it but he must have given it away. One would hope if he gave it to a friend for sentimental reasons that person wouldn't turn around and sell it? Or maybe he needs the money? but he played for a while and would have plenty of money. It is odd and kind of sad to me. I mean that ring would symbolize the pinnacle of a career to me and to give it away...even for 15K seems pretty desperate or something...
    This is want shocks me. These guys play a rough sport, abuse their bodies all to win a Superbowl. He has the memories, etc but the sell the ring like that is truly sad. I would cherish that like life itself.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    I would cherish that like life itself.
    A little dramatic, isn't it?

Maybe it's enough for some players to have gone through the experience and know that they were a part of something special. Nobody can take that away from them. These rings a gaudy things that most guys don't even wear anyway.

Maybe he's donating the proceeds to charity or something.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I would love to find out the back story on this topic of why he is getting rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    A little dramatic, isn't it?

Maybe it's enough for some players to have gone through the experience and know that they were a part of something special. Nobody can take that away from them. These rings a gaudy things that most guys don't even wear anyway.

Maybe he's donating the proceeds to charity or something.
    Yeah...maybe a bad choice in wording but if it was me I'd cherish that alot (maybe not life itself...lol).
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Where did I put that spare $15 grand......

Here's the most recent article i could find on Corey

http://www.centerstagemag.com/corey_harris.htm

It doesn't sound like someone down on his luck. He's an author, businessman and family man who beleives strongly in God. I'd say it's more likely he is in fact selling the ring to make money for charity and his faith may have alot to do with that decision. Either that or maybe the ebay advertisement is a fake. ;)

We'll see. Somebody send Arron Wilson an email.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Did anyone contact the seller & ask any questions about how he came into this & why is he selling this? Last I heard about Corey he was still in Nashville running his bar. Things were going pretty good for him.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Did anyone contact the seller & ask any questions about how he came into this & why is he selling this? Last I heard about Corey he was still in Nashville running his bar. Things were going pretty good for him.
    I did email the seller and his reply was:

"We acquired the ring directly from Corey Harris himself. You would have to ask him why."

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Maybe the buyer was a Browns or Bengals player that figured it would be the closest they'd get to owning a SB ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Maybe he made some bad investments or overspent his big salary he earned as a player? Millionaires can have financial problems or owe back taxes which can lead to sale of assets such as this. I have seen it many times. I highly doubt that this is something he is doing voluntarily or as a donation to charity.
    Apparently he needs the money badly.
    Agreed,there is no way this is for "charity".He is selling the ring because he needs to,not because he wants to.At the time he played safeties werent getting paid that much,and one could easily get himself into financial trouble by overspending after the paychecks stopped rolling in 4 years ago.If you want to live the lifestyle of a millionare you need to have millionare checks rolling in consistently,and Im sure that hasnt been the case since he retired.

Nice item. Anyone have some information on what these rings have sold for previously?