Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Yeah, he's 50.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Dude's got pics of somebody important to keep collecting a paycheck. He was washed up 12 years ago.

Re: To all the Harbaugh haters....

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    To compare Harbaugh to a coach that has been to 2 SB's is foolish. Harbaugh is not on that level. When he wins one, then he is. The poster tried to equivocate. To me, that's making excuses. Harbaugh is not as good as Tomlin.
    Barry Switzer won a SB. Dan Marino didn't.

Regardless, the poster said the both had done well, he wasn't comparing, there were no excuses, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Huh? Having to call two timeouts to prevent a delay of game is called "wasting" them. You have 35 seconds to get the play and do your pre-snap reads. 99% of the time that should be automatic. I can live with one timeout being burned that way. But two? No way
    I thought a team isn't allowed to call back to back timeouts. Shouldn't that have been a penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    Tomlin got a team with that had won a SB two seasons before. The QB was in place, the DC was in place, the guy he chose as OC had been there as the WR coach for three seasons. Harbaugh got a complete coaching staff turnover and a rookie QB from Div 1-AA. I'd say that with what they've done with they have gotten, they've both proven themselves to be very good coaches.
    And Harbaugh has had musical chairs at the defensive coordinator position. Steelers have had Lebeau as a constant. Why has no one poached him from them to be a head coach? So what he's 102! The man can still coach!!

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Barry Switzer won a SB. Dan Marino didn't.

Regardless, the poster said the both had done well, he wasn't comparing, there were no excuses, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    He implied Tomlin has had it easier (had QB, had DC, etc, etc), presumably in an attempt to make Harbaugh's achievements look better in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    He implied Tomlin has had it easier (had QB, had DC, etc, etc), presumably in an attempt to make Harbaugh's achievements look better in comparison.
    Is that inaccurate?

He also concluded that they both were good coaches.

He didn't say Harbaugh was better, which seems to be 82's issue.

Is that inaccurate?

He also concluded that they both were good coaches.

He didn't say Harbaugh was better, which seems to be 82's issue.
    It isn't inaccurate, it is irrelevant, unless you are trying to diminish Tomlin's achievements.

8. Re: To all the Harbaugh haters....

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Huh? Having to call two timeouts to prevent a delay of game is called "wasting" them. You have 35 seconds to get the play and do your pre-snap reads. 99% of the time that should be automatic. I can live with one timeout being burned that way. But two? No way
    How is that Tomlin's fault?
    If anything that's on Leftwich but seeing as he hasn't been under the pressure of a real game in years, is it all that surprising that he made that type of mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    It isn't inaccurate, it is irrelevant, unless you are trying to diminish Tomlin's achievements.
    No, he was pointing out that they have both done well, especially given the emphasis in this thread on diminishing Harbaugh's accomplishments.

God-forbide the Ravens start losing (with or without Harbaugh), this place - this town - will be totally unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    How is that Tomlin's fault?
    If anything that's on Leftwich but seeing as he hasn't been under the pressure of a real game in years, is it all that surprising that he made that type of mistake?
    Agreed. That's something that can - and often, will - happen when you're forced to play your back-up QB.

They are both good coaches. Tomlin has the slight edge IMO because he got to a superbowl. No, I don't count the first one, because that was Cowher's team through and through. Just like Joe Altobelli winning the WS in '83 with Earl's team.

Harbaugh will have gotten his team to the playoffs in all five of his years thus far. Tomlin can't even say that. But, until he gets to a superbowl, people are going to give Tomlin the edge.

No, he was pointing out that they have both done well, especially given the emphasis on this thread on diminishing Harbaugh's accomplishments.

God-forbide the Ravens start losing (with or without Harbaugh), this place - this town - will be totally unbearable.
    No, you don't need to talk about and compare what each inherited to point out that they both have "done well." You only do that to try to explain away the differences in results, which could be reasonably described as making excuses for the one with the lesser results.