Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: To all the Harbaugh haters....

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    They are both good coaches. Tomlin has the slight edge IMO because he got to a superbowl. No, I don't count the first one, because that was Cowher's team through and through. Just like Joe Altobelli winning the WS in '83 with Earl's team.

Harbaugh will have gotten his team to the playoffs in all five of his years thus far. Tomlin can't even say that. But, until he gets to a superbowl, people are going to give Tomlin the edge.
    Agreed.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I'm glad the Ravens have Hard Balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    No, you don't need to talk about and compare what each inherited to point out that they both have "done well." You only do that to try to explain away the differences in results, which could be reasonably described as making excuses for the one with the lesser results.

OK, I guess I didn't take it that way. Only DreamJo can say what his intention was, but I only took it as an acknowledgement that both inherited different circumstances and both did well in this circumstances. Tomlin followed a legend and took over a team with high expectations. Harbaugh took over a team that had past success, but that looking (at the time) at a bit of a rebuild. The expectations for him were far less and the pressure was far less, than what Tomlin faced, IMO.

Still, they both did do well in the different situations.

IMO, you can acknowledge the differences in their situations, without it being excuses to support Harbaugh. Or, at least, that's my reading of it. But, perhaps, I was insinuating my thinking into what was written.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Agreed.

HARBS has beaten Tomlin 6 times to Tomlin's 5 wins vs him.

But Tomlin has been to the SB and has a ring while losing to GB to HARBs none and often knocks him out of the SB picture like up there with 2 mins left and Jen goes 3d and 19
    and Boldin and TJ drop TDs.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-19-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Please explain...
    Don't bother.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

OK, I guess I didn't take it that way. Only DreamJo can say what his intention was, but I only took it as an acknowledgement that both inherited different circumstances and both did well in this circumstances. Tomlin followed a legend and took over a team with high expectations. Harbaugh took over a team that had past success, but that looking (at the time) at a bit of a rebuild. The expectations for him were far less and the pressure was far less, than what Tomlin faced, IMO.

IMO, you can acknowledge the differences in their situations, without it being excuses to support Harbaugh. Or, at least, that's my reading of it. But, perhaps, I was insinuating my thinking into what was written.
    B-more Ravor, you seem to understand the version of the English language I'm using. I honestly believe if you swapped the two coaches' situations, the results of both squads would be largely the same. I had bowed out of the discussion because I had accepted "agreeing to disagree" awhile ago. Oh, and I'm not a "he".

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He also had Bruce Arians at OC, and Lebeau at DC during his two SB runs, aswell as a very talented defense, and Ben Roethlisberger.
    Ding ding ding. This is my biggest problem with Harbaugh. I like Harbaugh as a HC but am not crazy about his choice of coordinators.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Ding ding ding. This is my biggest problem with Harbaugh. I like Harbaugh as a HC but am not crazy about his choice of coordinators.
    Offensive Coordinator. The defensive ones keep getting head coaching jobs.

Blog Entries

I don't understand why you would base this thread on Tomlin's clock management last night, when that very thing is something that Harbaugh has been absolutely miserable at over the course of five years.

If you want to say you prefer Harbaugh over Tomlin (outside of the Ravens fanbase, very few would feel that way IMO) then that is fine, both are good coaches, but don't see how you can base that on Tomlin's clock management vs. Harbaugh's...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    B-more Ravor, you seem to understand the version of the English language I'm using. I honestly believe if you swapped the two coaches' situations, the results of both squads would be largely the same. I had bowed out of the discussion because I had accepted "agreeing to disagree" awhile ago. Oh, and I'm not a "he".
    Ooops, sorry. :o

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    So, B-More Ravor didn't seem to understand the version of English you were using since he was claiming you were not trying to compare the two coaches or say they were equal, which you now confirm you were.

OK, both inherited different circumstances and both did well in this circumstances. Tomlin followed a legend and took over a team with high expectations. Harbaugh took over a team that had past success, but that looking (at the time) at a bit of a rebuild. The expectations for him were far less and the pressure was far less, than what Tomlin faced, IMO.

Yes, exactly. This isn't that hard to understand.