Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

The Offense definitely switched up the silent count during the game last night. It was the first time this year that we had drawn the opponent offsides on the road.

I don't think you can point the finger at Flacco. He was around 60% completion and no turnovers. The offensive line did not hold up their end at all. Matt Birk and Jah Reid sucked.

Cam needs to find ways to get the ball in Torrey's hands when the other team is trying to take him away. Screens, shallow crosses, reverse, double reverses, something. You can't have the best big play guy on your team be a non factor.

On offense, with the play calling and route running, what has changed since the Texan playoff game last season?

NOTHING. We have the No Huddle, but we have run that before over the last 4 years, but only when we HAD TO.
    The play calling is the same. The receiver routes are THE SAME.
    They showed it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, last night.
    Our receivers run and MAKE ONE MOVE AND THAT'S IT.
    When they make their cut, EVERY DEFENDER IN THE NFL KNOWS THAT'S IT!
    So, when their guy makes a cut and turns out to the sideline, the defender KNOWS to undercut.
    The Steelers did that ALL NIGHT LONG and the Ravens, at no point, adjusted.
    That is why Joe was overthrowing because there was always a defender underneath.
    A perfect throw in that situation would be 6 points the other way.

Run a double move on the outside with Boldin and Pitta going over the middle to FORCE up the safeties to ACCOUNT for them. But even that doesn't work unless we complete some passes in the middle of the field.
    Make the defenders defend the ENTIRE field, not just the sidelines.
    Cam does not see and does not learn. Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to adjust.
    The way to break a Tampa 2 is to throw over the middle making the linebacker move away from the intended receiver. A really good linebacker in a Tampa 2 drops deep.
    If they just double up on Torrey, have a safety play deep middle, and single up on Jones or Boldin, make them pay.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Huh? If they were timing the snap (and the Ravens were doing nothing to vary the timing), why were they offsides, then? Can't have it both ways...
    Because if they are just looking at when the ball is snapped (which is what one is taught), they would never be offsides, they would just react.
    But since they were being so successful timing the snap, a few times they moved just a little too soon.
    By the way, that is why other teams are so successful timing their blitzes...they start moving after Yanda signals Birk.

4. Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    On offense, with the play calling and route running, what has changed since the Texan playoff game last season?

NOTHING. We have the No Huddle, but we have run that before over the last 4 years, but only when we HAD TO.
    The play calling is the same. The receiver routes are THE SAME.
    They showed it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, last night.
    Our receivers run and MAKE ONE MOVE AND THAT'S IT.
    When they make their cut, EVERY DEFENDER IN THE NFL KNOWS THAT'S IT!
    So, when their guy makes a cut and turns out to the sideline, the defender KNOWS to undercut.
    The Steelers did that ALL NIGHT LONG and the Ravens, at no point, adjusted.
    That is why Joe was overthrowing because there was always a defender underneath.
    A perfect throw in that situation would be 6 points the other way.

Run a double move on the outside with Boldin and Pitta going over the middle to FORCE up the safeties to ACCOUNT for them. But even that doesn't work unless we complete some passes in the middle of the field.
    Make the defenders defend the ENTIRE field, not just the sidelines.
    Cam does not see and does not learn. Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to adjust.
    The way to break a Tampa 2 is to throw over the middle making the linebacker move away from the intended receiver. A really good linebacker in a Tampa 2 drops deep.
    If they just double up on Torrey, have a safety play deep middle, and single up on Jones or Boldin, make them pay.
    Of course, Cam doesn't believe in all that newfangled, peacenik, Commie, Out-and-Up type of pass route stuff that the kids are all doing nowadays.

CAM IS A REAL AMERICAN

So, he insists on doing everything the right way.

You know, HIS WAY.

oops
    Last edited by Thrall; 11-19-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: forgot quote, need more coffee

A comment so classy, you felt the need to post it twice. Ball washer...I love how it combines homophobia with arrogant dismissal of someone else's opinion into a delightful little two word cocktail that you can use anytime someone doesn't want to crucify a coach or player.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Anyone still defending Cam at this point is either a relative, or not paying attention. The guy is always defending him, it's sad really. And I posted twice because I forgot leaches quote the first time, try reading, it's fundamental!

Yea... none of that addresses my objection to the term.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Unfortunately the Ravens are 8-2,so Cam stays. LOL
    The captured Baltimore media never fail to remind us lol.