Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Harbs talked about this play in his post-game presser - basically him, Cam, and Joe huddled together to discuss it. Joe was the one who lobbied for it, saying if they got the completion, they win the game, and if no safe pass was open, he'd take the sack so that they could run 40 seconds off the clock. They didn't want to risk a fumble or INT.
    How many losses did we have with steelers defense getting the ball back in the 4th quarter so their offense could kick a field goal to win the game. On passes, Flacco has been stripped before by TP and the Ravens lose. Interception would have been worse if it was a pick 6. Arm chair coaches always have a better plan.. We won, they lost, 8-2 with a two game lead for the division crown.

Blog Entries

The credit I have to give Cam is that it was the most perfectly executed sack play I have ever seen called. No dispute there.
    Joe delayed a little, then turned his body away from the pressure, moved his other arm to the ball and went down. If I was an olympic judge, I'd be holding up a 10!

It is always going to be about execution as far as Cam himself is concerned. Always.
    The ultimate blame shifting.... it is your fault what I called didn't work... but in this case it worked perfectly ... do you think if we offered Miami enough they would take him back?

I have never heard of a sack play being called before. I've heard of taking a knee, I've heard of dance around some giving up ground to run out the clock, but never heard of take a sack as the main option.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    How many losses did we have with steelers defense getting the ball back in the 4th quarter so their offense could kick a field goal to win the game. On passes, Flacco has been stripped before by TP and the Ravens lose. Interception would have been worse if it was a pick 6. Arm chair coaches always have a better plan.. We won, they lost, 8-2 with a two game lead for the division crown.
    Had it been Roethlisberger and not LEftwich, that would have been too much time on the clock.

That situation points to a larger issue though: Cam running a "not to lose" offense on the road.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I saw Flacco throw about 7 or 8 sideline routes high. He was horrible.

I'm loving a win on the road against the #1 defense and I am not gonna call anyone out but if there's a finger to be pointed, it's at the QB.
    I guess you pay attention SO WELL. Ryan Clark was undercutting the routes. Only way to complete that pass is to be HIGH. once again Horrible play calls by CAM. The Middle of the field was open all day long. Screen passes and the non stop blitz open all day long. This was an easy adjustment. Pee wee fking football. But your right. Blame the QB for having to have to keep trying to throw the same damn thing over and over.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    The credit I have to give Cam is that it was the most perfectly executed sack play I have ever seen called. No dispute there.
    Joe delayed a little, then turned his body away from the pressure, moved his other arm to the ball and went down. If I was an olympic judge, I'd be holding up a 10!

It is always going to be about execution as far as Cam himself is concerned. Always.
    The ultimate blame shifting.... it is your fault what I called didn't work... but in this case it worked perfectly ... do you think if we offered Miami enough they would take him back?

I have never heard of a sack play being called before. I've heard of taking a knee, I've heard of dance around some giving up ground to run out the clock, but never heard of take a sack as the main option.
    Or, here's a thought...how about a QB roll out? I'm tired of seeing an offense that seems to pigeon hole Flacco into this immobile statue.

Flacco has the ability to move. He's a lot quicker and tougher to bring down than people would think. Hell, even Peyton's ancient ass is out there running bootlegs and scrambling to pick up 1st down's when he has to.

Flacco is not Drew Bledsoe. You wouldn't know that though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Or, here's a thought...how about a QB roll out? I'm tired of seeing an offense that seems to pigeon hole Flacco into this immobile statue.

Flacco has the ability to move. He's a lot quicker and tougher to bring down than people would think. Hell, even Peyton's ancient ass is out there running bootlegs and scrambling to pick up 1st down's when he has to.

Flacco is not Drew Bledsoe. You wouldn't know that though.
    Agreed. People seem to think Flacco is slow because of how he looks, but that is definitely not the case. Cam never gives him opportunities to use his feet.

Blog Entries

How bout that QB sneak on that 3rd and 1 play huh? A 6'6 230lb QB we need 1 yard. Oh lets run right in casey hapmton with ray rice, 3rd and 2 you go shotgun? You Pierce who had couple nice solid off tackle runs and some guy name vontea leach, and cam sure went back to his road offense with every pass play going to the sidelines AGAIN!..ah boy im with GOTA its hard to enjoy these with kinda calls, but some how we keep finding ways to beat opponents and cam cameron.

OMFG, you guys are unbelieveable. Did you all forget the previous 3rd and short where they ran it with Rice and got STUFFED???? If anything, I was screaming at that one to do something unconventional rather than the old run up the middle. I get that you need to run clock there, but they did the right thing, take the pass if it was there, and if not, take the sack. Christ, some ppl are just never happy....
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I saw Flacco throw about 7 or 8 sideline routes high. He was horrible.

I'm loving a win on the road against the #1 defense and I am not gonna call anyone out but if there's a finger to be pointed, it's at the QB.
    Flacco was not horrible. Most of those passes were thrown high because the Steelers had great coverage. Joe was putting it in the only place he could most of the time. Flacco was being careful, Taylor was undercutting a lot of these sideline routes. It was prudent to be careful in this game, because the Steelers had very little offense.

After a night to think about it, the problem last night was not just Cam(he was bad, no question), but once again, our offensive line, which is so dominant at home, was once again terrible on the road. Now I know last night the opponent had something to do with that, but this is too much of a pattern to just be coincidence.

Blog Entries

I sat there and called that play before it happened i knew they were going to run rice right up the gut if i knew it the steelers seen it a mile away, flacco is 6'6 all he had to do is lean over and get a first down. The problem with calling games like that its that it will have us sittin at home after visiting a home playoff teams.

Blog Entries

To me, the biggest issue with the road offense (aside from the offense) is what alienrace eluded to with the OL...it's bad on the road.

However, I think the biggest reason why they are bad on the road is because D's have keyed onto tendencies and are timing the snaps perfectly. Harrison and Keisel both got called for offsides because they were timing the snap.

In shotgun formations:
    Yanda taps/waves hand behind Birk...Birk bobs head...and then Birk snaps it. Just for haha's I timed it myself and a good majority of the shotgun plays it was about a 1 or 2 Mississippi count after Birk's head-bob that he snapped the ball back to Flacco.

You're putting your OL at a serious disadvantage when the D knows the snap count.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    To me, the biggest issue with the road offense (aside from the offense) is what alienrace eluded to with the OL...it's bad on the road.

However, I think the biggest reason why they are bad on the road is because D's have keyed onto tendencies and are timing the snaps perfectly. Harrison and Keisel both got called for offsides because they were timing the snap.

In shotgun formations:
    Yanda taps/waves hand behind Birk...Birk bobs head...and then Birk snaps it. Just for haha's I timed it myself and a good majority of the shotgun plays it was about a 1 or 2 Mississippi count after Birk's head-bob that he snapped the ball back to Flacco.

You're putting your OL at a serious disadvantage when the D knows the snap count.
    :word

Something so simple to change, too. Think they'll change it?