Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

Who here on on this board did not yell out one these phrases after they came lined up in the shotgun after that timeout.

Really?
    WTF?
    Seriously?
    Get the Fuck out?
    Did I take LSD?
    What was in those brownies?

If your gonna be dumb and throw the ball there at least use play action for gods sake....there really is ZERO defense for that call
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

INEXCUSABLE is the word..... I even seen Leach on the side line when they called timeout campaigning to come in for a run. I thought I would see Leach after the timeout, but no, here comes Joe in the SG. Absolutely PATHETIC, INEXCUSABLE and just done right STUPID effing DUMB.

EDIT: Joe should ask for Cam to be released in his new contract.
    Joe "I'll take 15 mil a year and Cam's release paperwork so I can hand deliver them"
    "Thanks Oz, I wont let you down, just get me a decent OC"

Quote Originally Posted by phacts View Post
    I can't get over that call.

Look, it's really easy to use hindsight to criticize a play call. I'm always hesitant to do that. The screen play on 3rd and 13 looks really dumb when it doesn't work, but if it does, it's a great call. I'm not gonna criticize a play call like that, because what do I know sitting at home watching TV...? Not much. There is a chess match going on and I don't understand the intricacies of it.

But this situation was ridiculous. We had the clear strategic advantage, and WE GAVE OUR STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE AWAY THE MOMENT WE LINED UP IN SHOTGUN. Honestly, I don't even care if it's a pass at the end of the day. I don't. As long as you line up in a formation that MAKES THE DEFENSE PLAY THE RUN. Because the defense knew we'd run... everyone knew we'd run.

Fine, you really wanna pass?!?! Don't line up in shotgun! Jesus, I can't stop. That was high school JV level bad.
    Or at the very least, run some draw plays out of shotgun...
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Re: 3rd and 2

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He was told to take a sack if the pass wasn't there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am sure he was, but that kind of mandate just makes the QB not throw it at all. Was a stupid call.

If anything, it should have been a designed QB run. And Flacco could have done better to escape the slow-developing pressure instead of turtling and eating it, but again, when the coach (and common sense) tells you not throw an incompletion it almost steers you into taking a sack.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Really?

Just last week you were making fun of the doom and gloomers.

It's a road win against a divisional foe, one that happens to have the best defense in the league.

Cam gets a pass. Especially considering the lack of execution.
    I swear, I'm not a doom and gloomer. I'm really not. That play call was inexcusable. We gave away a strategic advantage. It was like we had them one move away from checkmate, and instead of taking that move, we decided "nah, let's make it interesting for no reason at all."

Seriously, I've never seen an inexcusable play call in my life. That was the first one. There is no justification that is worthy.

Don't think we can run for 2 yards when they know we're running? Me neither, not based on how our run game had produced all night. FINE. Line up in a run formation and PASS THE BALL. I can live with that. I can't live with letting the defense off the hook with the game on the line. It's anti-competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Cam's not getting fired during the season, so everyone might as well just try and enjoy the ride.

After the season, hopefully he goes, but for now, we're stuck with him, he's not going anywhere.
    I said it in the game thread, let's all start writing letters Andy Dufresne-style: one a day until Cam is gone.

Eventually they'll fire him, and ask us to please stop sending letters.

Quote Originally Posted by phacts View Post
    I swear, I'm not a doom and gloomer. I'm really not. That play call was inexcusable. We gave away a strategic advantage. It was like we had them one move away from checkmate, and instead of taking that move, we decided "nah, let's make it interesting for no reason at all."

Seriously, I've never seen an inexcusable play call in my life. That was the first one. There is no justification that is worthy.

Don't think we can run for 2 yards when they know we're running? Me neither, not based on how our run game had produced all night. FINE. Line up in a run formation and PASS THE BALL. I can live with that. I can't live with letting the defense off the hook with the game on the line. It's anti-competitive.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've defended Cam before, and I'll defend him in the future, but that is just insane.

I think he has the philosophy of "If we execute it won't matter." It's a fine strategy to have, but sometimes, you just gotta try to confuse the defense.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Even if the pass WAS there, it would have been stupid to throw it. The receiver could have dropped the pass and stopped the clock.

That would have given the Steelers about 1:55 to down down and kick a field goal to force OT.

Running...in any direction...even if they stop you, burns 40 seconds and leaves a time out free Steelers 1:20 to go the length of the field. (Which is what ultimately happened)

But it's 2 freaking yards! And you've got a good running game. Getting the 2 yards wins the game outright! If you miss, you still come out okay. Those are really the only two likely scenarios.

But passing...even dropping back to pass...SO MUCH CAN GO WRONG with no more advantage than you'd have running.

It's a road win against a divisional foe, one that happens to have the best defense in the league.
    Wait, you mean we're supposed to be happy after a road win (to make us 8-2) against our division rival that essentially gives us a 3 game lead over them?!?!?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Really?

Just last week you were making fun of the doom and gloomers.

Cam gets a pass. Especially considering the lack of execution.
    You really shouldn't be telling us its an "execution" issue when that was the play call. Sorry, maybe you leave this thread to the adults...

Guys! Guys! I just thought of a great way to avoid an incompletion!

HAND THE BALL TO RAY RICE.

Jesus, I can't get over this. AND WE WON! My god, had we lost....

Quote Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
    Even if the pass WAS there, it would have been stupid to throw it. The receiver could have dropped the pass and stopped the
    Exactly, and he did have Smith open deep, but elected to smartly just take the sack. Probably good he didn't try to struggle for yardage too, could have fumbled.

They should have just run the damn ball. Better shot of picking up the yardage, no chance of the clock not stopping, which was the important thing. No way was Leftwich going to get them down the field win just a minute on the clock.