Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    How dare Cam blow it against the leagues number one defense on the road.

Inexcusable the way he ....

I'm sorry. I can't even go on with the sarcasm.
    How can you defend running it on 3rd and 2 at that point in the game, HOW?

Blog Entries

3rd and 2

How do you not run on a 3rd and 2 with the game on the line. Instead you call a pass play with the chance of INC (clock stops), INT, Strip Sack, so many negative variables than just lining up jumbo and running to the right with 2 hands on the ball. Regardless if you get the first down the clock keeps running. 9.9 out 10 OC's call a run there. Cam never seems to amaze me. I am so dis-trout about that play call. It's bad when your happy your QB takes a sack. So effing pathetic Cam.

Unfortunately the Ravens are 8-2,so Cam stays. LOL That was the Steelers defense that gave up three drives that amounted to 6 points. Tucker missed for 3 points. ST have done well lately and deserved a lot of credit. I'll take the win, like the win the great steelers had against the chiefs last week.

I can't get over that call.

Look, it's really easy to use hindsight to criticize a play call. I'm always hesitant to do that. The screen play on 3rd and 13 looks really dumb when it doesn't work, but if it does, it's a great call. I'm not gonna criticize a play call like that, because what do I know sitting at home watching TV...? Not much. There is a chess match going on and I don't understand the intricacies of it.

But this situation was ridiculous. We had the clear strategic advantage, and WE GAVE OUR STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE AWAY THE MOMENT WE LINED UP IN SHOTGUN. Honestly, I don't even care if it's a pass at the end of the day. I don't. As long as you line up in a formation that MAKES THE DEFENSE PLAY THE RUN. Because the defense knew we'd run... everyone knew we'd run.

Fine, you really wanna pass?!?! Don't line up in shotgun! Jesus, I can't stop. That was high school JV level bad.

You got my vote. Everybody here knows how I feel about him.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    I cannot stomach watching this clown one second longer.

Re: 3rd and 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    How do you not run on a 3rd and 2 with the game on the line. Instead you call a pass play with the chance of INC (clock stops), INT, Strip Sack, so many negative variables than just lining up jumbo and running to the right with 2 hands on the ball. Regardless if you get the first down the clock keeps running. 9.9 out 10 OC's call a run there. Cam never seems to amaze me. I am so dis-trout about that play call. It's bad when your happy your QB takes a sack. So effing pathetic Cam.
    Clearly that is the kinda call a coach who rides the short bus makes. You have one of the best RB in the NFL, you have one the best blocking FB in the NFL...its not rocket science, being a contrarian does not make you smart Cam it gets you your seat on the back of the bus....Cam you may resume licking the window...thank you for participating.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by phacts View Post
    Then they come out in a shotgun formation, and Flacco (wisely) doesn't even attempt to pass, he takes the sack. Because RUNNING THE CLOCK was what mattered there.
    He even had Torrey Smith pretty open down the sideline, that had to be so tempting to throw, but if it's incomplete, the Steelers would have had a much better chance to tie it up.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How can you defend running it on 3rd and 2 at that point in the game, HOW?
    Really?

Just last week you were making fun of the doom and gloomers.

It's a road win against a divisional foe, one that happens to have the best defense in the league.

Cam gets a pass. Especially considering the lack of execution.

9. Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

I find it extremely annoying how we NEVER utilize the middle of the field. If you clamp down the outside part of the field and stuff Rice, our offense is inept.

I'll definitely take the win though! D and Jacoby, stepping up!

Re: 3rd and 2

Flacco probably saved Cam's job by taking that sack.

Cam's not getting fired during the season, so everyone might as well just try and enjoy the ride.

After the season, hopefully he goes, but for now, we're stuck with him, he's not going anywhere.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Flacco probably saved Cam's job by taking that sack.
    He was told to take a sack if the pass wasn't there.
    https://twitter.com/jasonbuttcbs/status/270389523781935106

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk