Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 105 of 105
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,201
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread



    Do some of these guys realize we only scored 6points on offense last night???that aint gonna cut it come late december and January Thank god for special teams and jacoby.




  2. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,878

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    You did see me "flush" myself, right?

    In all seriousness, I don't think anyone can defend that play call. No even Cam. Lets say Big Ben is playing; do you want to give him the ball back with around a minute left? Thats how Cam has to call the game at that point. He cannot give them the ball and that call was wrong on so many levels at that point.
    Maybe Cam made that call because Ben wasn't playing. Maybe he calls a different play in that situation if Ben was playing. Maybe, just maybe Cam called that play knowing a banged up Leftwhich had to drive down the field in a minutes time with NO time outs. That said, they should have just ran the damn ball. Get the first, game over, don't, the same situation occurs where time runs off the clock as the sack.




  3. #93

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Isn't it amazing how the Ravens have consistently improved the offense talent on this team over the last five years and yet the results (and EXCUSES) for the offense's poor performance have ALWAYS remained the same - if only we had better execution! Better yet - "Bush" did it! I feel sorry for any of you who believe that the overall results this year will be any different from the first four. They may make the playoffs - but there won't be any road wins.




    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Do some of these guys realize we only scored 6points on offense last night???that aint gonna cut it come late december and January Thank god for special teams and jacoby.




  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,201
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Maybe Cam made that call because Ben wasn't playing. Maybe he calls a different play in that situation if Ben was playing. Maybe, just maybe Cam called that play knowing a banged up Leftwhich had to drive down the field in a minutes time with NO time outs. That said, they should have just ran the damn ball. Get the first, game over, don't, the same situation occurs where time runs off the clock as the sack.
    you play to win the game, Ben doesn't play defense.




  5. #95

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Flacco was not horrible. Most of those passes were thrown high because the Steelers had great coverage. Joe was putting it in the only place he could most of the time. Flacco was being careful, Taylor was undercutting a lot of these sideline routes. It was prudent to be careful in this game, because the Steelers had very little offense.

    After a night to think about it, the problem last night was not just Cam(he was bad, no question), but once again, our offensive line, which is so dominant at home, was once again terrible on the road. Now I know last night the opponent had something to do with that, but this is too much of a pattern to just be coincidence.
    Id agree with both things. the main thing smith uses is his speed. hes either going deep and blowing by you if youre too close or using that big cushion to stop underneath. They effectively took that away last night, and i wouldnt be surprised to see a lot more of that going forward with how successful it was.

    I also see the OL as having difficulties and that probably has a lot to do with 2 inexperienced players being on the line.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    To me, the biggest issue with the road offense (aside from the offense) is what alienrace eluded to with the OL...it's bad on the road.

    However, I think the biggest reason why they are bad on the road is because D's have keyed onto tendencies and are timing the snaps perfectly. Harrison and Keisel both got called for offsides because they were timing the snap.

    In shotgun formations:
    Yanda taps/waves hand behind Birk...Birk bobs head...and then Birk snaps it. Just for haha's I timed it myself and a good majority of the shotgun plays it was about a 1 or 2 Mississippi count after Birk's head-bob that he snapped the ball back to Flacco.

    You're putting your OL at a serious disadvantage when the D knows the snap count.
    I was doing the same and literally yelling at my tv which isnt something i normally do. I have no idea if thats by design or just a bad habit, but Birk clearly gives away the count every single time. The other thing they do is the Yanda Ass pat where he let him know when to spike it. How is Yanda turned around looking at FLacco beneficial to us? Im not sure if thats on Moeller or Cameron but to me it shows ineptitude.
    -JAB




  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,901
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Doesn't someone around here has that tagline and the picture of cam that says,

    "3rd and 2. Send everyone deeep!!!!"





  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,400
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    The Offense definitely switched up the silent count during the game last night. It was the first time this year that we had drawn the opponent offsides on the road.

    I don't think you can point the finger at Flacco. He was around 60% completion and no turnovers. The offensive line did not hold up their end at all. Matt Birk and Jah Reid sucked.

    Cam needs to find ways to get the ball in Torrey's hands when the other team is trying to take him away. Screens, shallow crosses, reverse, double reverses, something. You can't have the best big play guy on your team be a non factor.




  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,234

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    On offense, with the play calling and route running, what has changed since the Texan playoff game last season?

    NOTHING. We have the No Huddle, but we have run that before over the last 4 years, but only when we HAD TO.
    The play calling is the same. The receiver routes are THE SAME.
    They showed it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, last night.
    Our receivers run and MAKE ONE MOVE AND THAT'S IT.
    When they make their cut, EVERY DEFENDER IN THE NFL KNOWS THAT'S IT!
    So, when their guy makes a cut and turns out to the sideline, the defender KNOWS to undercut.
    The Steelers did that ALL NIGHT LONG and the Ravens, at no point, adjusted.
    That is why Joe was overthrowing because there was always a defender underneath.
    A perfect throw in that situation would be 6 points the other way.

    Run a double move on the outside with Boldin and Pitta going over the middle to FORCE up the safeties to ACCOUNT for them. But even that doesn't work unless we complete some passes in the middle of the field.
    Make the defenders defend the ENTIRE field, not just the sidelines.
    Cam does not see and does not learn. Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to adjust.
    The way to break a Tampa 2 is to throw over the middle making the linebacker move away from the intended receiver. A really good linebacker in a Tampa 2 drops deep.
    If they just double up on Torrey, have a safety play deep middle, and single up on Jones or Boldin, make them pay.




  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,234

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Huh? If they were timing the snap (and the Ravens were doing nothing to vary the timing), why were they offsides, then? Can't have it both ways...
    Because if they are just looking at when the ball is snapped (which is what one is taught), they would never be offsides, they would just react.
    But since they were being so successful timing the snap, a few times they moved just a little too soon.
    By the way, that is why other teams are so successful timing their blitzes...they start moving after Yanda signals Birk.




  10. #100

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    On offense, with the play calling and route running, what has changed since the Texan playoff game last season?

    NOTHING. We have the No Huddle, but we have run that before over the last 4 years, but only when we HAD TO.
    The play calling is the same. The receiver routes are THE SAME.
    They showed it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, last night.
    Our receivers run and MAKE ONE MOVE AND THAT'S IT.
    When they make their cut, EVERY DEFENDER IN THE NFL KNOWS THAT'S IT!
    So, when their guy makes a cut and turns out to the sideline, the defender KNOWS to undercut.
    The Steelers did that ALL NIGHT LONG and the Ravens, at no point, adjusted.
    That is why Joe was overthrowing because there was always a defender underneath.
    A perfect throw in that situation would be 6 points the other way.

    Run a double move on the outside with Boldin and Pitta going over the middle to FORCE up the safeties to ACCOUNT for them. But even that doesn't work unless we complete some passes in the middle of the field.
    Make the defenders defend the ENTIRE field, not just the sidelines.
    Cam does not see and does not learn. Therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to adjust.
    The way to break a Tampa 2 is to throw over the middle making the linebacker move away from the intended receiver. A really good linebacker in a Tampa 2 drops deep.
    If they just double up on Torrey, have a safety play deep middle, and single up on Jones or Boldin, make them pay.
    Of course, Cam doesn't believe in all that newfangled, peacenik, Commie, Out-and-Up type of pass route stuff that the kids are all doing nowadays.

    CAM IS A REAL AMERICAN

    So, he insists on doing everything the right way.





    You know, HIS WAY.




  11. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Dirty Burnie
    Posts
    282

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    oops
    Last edited by Thrall; 11-19-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: forgot quote, need more coffee




  12. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    A comment so classy, you felt the need to post it twice. Ball washer...I love how it combines homophobia with arrogant dismissal of someone else's opinion into a delightful little two word cocktail that you can use anytime someone doesn't want to crucify a coach or player.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  13. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Dirty Burnie
    Posts
    282

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Anyone still defending Cam at this point is either a relative, or not paying attention. The guy is always defending him, it's sad really. And I posted twice because I forgot leaches quote the first time, try reading, it's fundamental!




  14. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Yea... none of that addresses my objection to the term.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  15. #105

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Unfortunately the Ravens are 8-2,so Cam stays. LOL
    The captured Baltimore media never fail to remind us lol.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland