Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 105
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,573

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread



    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I saw Flacco throw about 7 or 8 sideline routes high. He was horrible.

    I'm loving a win on the road against the #1 defense and I am not gonna call anyone out but if there's a finger to be pointed, it's at the QB.
    I guess you pay attention SO WELL. Ryan Clark was undercutting the routes. Only way to complete that pass is to be HIGH. once again Horrible play calls by CAM. The Middle of the field was open all day long. Screen passes and the non stop blitz open all day long. This was an easy adjustment. Pee wee fking football. But your right. Blame the QB for having to have to keep trying to throw the same damn thing over and over.




  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,853
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    The credit I have to give Cam is that it was the most perfectly executed sack play I have ever seen called. No dispute there.
    Joe delayed a little, then turned his body away from the pressure, moved his other arm to the ball and went down. If I was an olympic judge, I'd be holding up a 10!

    It is always going to be about execution as far as Cam himself is concerned. Always.
    The ultimate blame shifting.... it is your fault what I called didn't work... but in this case it worked perfectly ... do you think if we offered Miami enough they would take him back?

    I have never heard of a sack play being called before. I've heard of taking a knee, I've heard of dance around some giving up ground to run out the clock, but never heard of take a sack as the main option.
    Or, here's a thought...how about a QB roll out? I'm tired of seeing an offense that seems to pigeon hole Flacco into this immobile statue.

    Flacco has the ability to move. He's a lot quicker and tougher to bring down than people would think. Hell, even Peyton's ancient ass is out there running bootlegs and scrambling to pick up 1st down's when he has to.

    Flacco is not Drew Bledsoe. You wouldn't know that though.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,126
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Or, here's a thought...how about a QB roll out? I'm tired of seeing an offense that seems to pigeon hole Flacco into this immobile statue.

    Flacco has the ability to move. He's a lot quicker and tougher to bring down than people would think. Hell, even Peyton's ancient ass is out there running bootlegs and scrambling to pick up 1st down's when he has to.

    Flacco is not Drew Bledsoe. You wouldn't know that though.
    Agreed. People seem to think Flacco is slow because of how he looks, but that is definitely not the case. Cam never gives him opportunities to use his feet.




  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,202
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    How bout that QB sneak on that 3rd and 1 play huh? A 6'6 230lb QB we need 1 yard. Oh lets run right in casey hapmton with ray rice, 3rd and 2 you go shotgun? You Pierce who had couple nice solid off tackle runs and some guy name vontea leach, and cam sure went back to his road offense with every pass play going to the sidelines AGAIN!..ah boy im with GOTA its hard to enjoy these with kinda calls, but some how we keep finding ways to beat opponents and cam cameron.




  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    OMFG, you guys are unbelieveable. Did you all forget the previous 3rd and short where they ran it with Rice and got STUFFED???? If anything, I was screaming at that one to do something unconventional rather than the old run up the middle. I get that you need to run clock there, but they did the right thing, take the pass if it was there, and if not, take the sack. Christ, some ppl are just never happy....
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I saw Flacco throw about 7 or 8 sideline routes high. He was horrible.

    I'm loving a win on the road against the #1 defense and I am not gonna call anyone out but if there's a finger to be pointed, it's at the QB.
    Flacco was not horrible. Most of those passes were thrown high because the Steelers had great coverage. Joe was putting it in the only place he could most of the time. Flacco was being careful, Taylor was undercutting a lot of these sideline routes. It was prudent to be careful in this game, because the Steelers had very little offense.

    After a night to think about it, the problem last night was not just Cam(he was bad, no question), but once again, our offensive line, which is so dominant at home, was once again terrible on the road. Now I know last night the opponent had something to do with that, but this is too much of a pattern to just be coincidence.




  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,202
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    I sat there and called that play before it happened i knew they were going to run rice right up the gut if i knew it the steelers seen it a mile away, flacco is 6'6 all he had to do is lean over and get a first down. The problem with calling games like that its that it will have us sittin at home after visiting a home playoff teams.




  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,853
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    To me, the biggest issue with the road offense (aside from the offense) is what alienrace eluded to with the OL...it's bad on the road.

    However, I think the biggest reason why they are bad on the road is because D's have keyed onto tendencies and are timing the snaps perfectly. Harrison and Keisel both got called for offsides because they were timing the snap.

    In shotgun formations:
    Yanda taps/waves hand behind Birk...Birk bobs head...and then Birk snaps it. Just for haha's I timed it myself and a good majority of the shotgun plays it was about a 1 or 2 Mississippi count after Birk's head-bob that he snapped the ball back to Flacco.

    You're putting your OL at a serious disadvantage when the D knows the snap count.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    To me, the biggest issue with the road offense (aside from the offense) is what alienrace eluded to with the OL...it's bad on the road.

    However, I think the biggest reason why they are bad on the road is because D's have keyed onto tendencies and are timing the snaps perfectly. Harrison and Keisel both got called for offsides because they were timing the snap.

    In shotgun formations:
    Yanda taps/waves hand behind Birk...Birk bobs head...and then Birk snaps it. Just for haha's I timed it myself and a good majority of the shotgun plays it was about a 1 or 2 Mississippi count after Birk's head-bob that he snapped the ball back to Flacco.

    You're putting your OL at a serious disadvantage when the D knows the snap count.


    Something so simple to change, too. Think they'll change it?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,202
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    If we see that, then we know defenses are licking their chops in film rooms.




  11. #86

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Harrison and Keisel both got called for offsides because they were timing the snap.
    Huh? If they were timing the snap (and the Ravens were doing nothing to vary the timing), why were they offsides, then? Can't have it both ways...




  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post


    Something so simple to change, too. Think they'll change it?
    Maybe, but then you'll have Blind Mike having 3 or 4 false starts.




  13. #88

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Making matters worse is that IF they REALLY wanted to run a pass play, they should have just called a max-protect shot play on 2nd down because the clock was at 2:04... NO MATTER WHAT the clock is going to stop, so why not line up in the I, run play-action, and take a shot? If you hit the play you'll be in a clock stoppage anyway w/the 2 minute warning, if it's incomplete it won't matter anyway!

    There were a few good play calls last night, but overall it was a terrible effort by Cam, execution notwithstanding. There's no way anyone can defend him anymore. The difference between home and road offense is very simple: Cam calling the plays on the road is bad, Joe running the no-huddle and adjusting the offense at home is good. That's the explanation.

    I'm also seriously beginning to question the entire offensive staff and their ability to run effective practices. Seeing Flacco and his WRs completely out of sync and off rhythm on the sideline passes, seeing Rice consistently miss open holes and leave yards on the field, and seeing the OL running the same snap count routine and getting beat over and over...

    The offense just looks uncoached way too often. As a matter of fact so does the defense, but that's another story.
    That's not true. The reason the clock was at 2:04 is because Tomlin burned his last timeout. The ravens ran a play and then the two minute warning came. It was 3rd down at the 2:00 warning when play resumed.




  14. #89

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Flacco was not horrible. Most of those passes were thrown high because the Steelers had great coverage. Joe was putting it in the only place he could most of the time. Flacco was being careful, Taylor was undercutting a lot of these sideline routes. It was prudent to be careful in this game, because the Steelers had very little offense.

    After a night to think about it, the problem last night was not just Cam(he was bad, no question), but once again, our offensive line, which is so dominant at home, was once again terrible on the road. Now I know last night the opponent had something to do with that, but this is too much of a pattern to just be coincidence.
    The steelers did have great coverage and I would argue that alot of that was the Ravens tendency to have Joe throw the ball outside of the hashmarks. I couldn't tell what kind of coverage the Steelers had going on but I have to believe the middle of the field was available during the game. But yet again the middle of the field on the road is like the bermuda triangle for this offense.




  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,853
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obligatory Fire Cam Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Huh? If they were timing the snap (and the Ravens were doing nothing to vary the timing), why were they offsides, then? Can't have it both ways...
    Because they were counting. Yes, they were off-sides (barely...I actually thought the off-sides on Harrison was questionable)...but it was because they were trying to time the snap count and jump it.

    If you don't believe me, watch during the San Diego game. They'll probably do the same thing.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland