Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Would you like to have had Dez Bryant?

Going back to the draft I argued that Bryant would not be the superstar that many thought he'd be when they clamored for the Ravens to draft him. I claimed his purely athletic resume would not translate to the NFL and that he would not be football-wise enough to adjust to the league. On the Sun board I got into with a poster named Slidemaster. I finally suggested we check back in two years. I feel like I won the argument. But I still see posts touting Dez, so I assume the guys who like him who thought he was spectacular still see him that way now. I still don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    This guy only plays when he wants. He is not a good locker room guy. He disappears for entire games at a time. Not thanks. Dallas blows for a reason.
    Yea, Jones always drafts the glitzy guys instead of the solid pics. He runs the show
    instead of hiring someone like Oz and staying the hell out of it. He did well in the pre-
    cap era when he could spend more but has won nothing since.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Going back to the draft I argued that Bryant would not be the superstar that many thought he'd be when they clamored for the Ravens to draft him. I claimed his purely athletic resume would not translate to the NFL and that he would not be football-wise enough to adjust to the league. On the Sun board I got into with a poster named Slidemaster. I finally suggested we check back in two years. I feel like I won the argument. But I still see posts touting Dez, so I assume the guys who like him who thought he was spectacular still see him that way now. I still don't.
    And you were right from the beginning and now.

I've been pretty vocal about how badly Ozzie got outplayed in that draft, letting Dez Bryant and Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez get picked away from us by teams trading up. No, we couldn't predict Kindle would ruin his career, and the TEs we did get have shown flashes of talent, but it's quite clear we missed out on some premium players.

And for anyone talking about Bryant's knucklehead behavior, let's also remember he went to Dallas, which doesn't have a solid locker room atmosphere or any real leaders. I think had he gone to Baltimore or another strong locker room he would have shaped up way better than he has so far. And he has a ton of raw talent.

So yes, I would be thrilled to have him. I'm fine with the receivers we've got, but he was our best chance at getting a prototype WR, one who has size and speed and hands... with where we've been drafting, we'd need to pull off a Falcons-like Julio Jones deal to bring in someone of that caliber for Joe to throw to. Torrey's great, Anquan's good at what he does, Jacoby has some talent... but many of the top passing offenses in this league are that way because they have one guy who demands the very best coverage and can beat it anyway (Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones and Roddy White, etc.). We'll need to find a diamond in the rough to get that sort of player as long as we continue to be successful.

5. Re: Would you like to have had Dez Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Pass. He's nigh uncoachable, inconsistent effort, injury prone, and an off the field trouble magnet. If I had my choice of the NFL's big bodied young receivers I'd want Blackmon.
    Why Blackmon?

Why not Julio Jones or AJ Green? Or even Megatron?

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Why Blackmon?

Why not Julio Jones or AJ Green? Or even Megatron?
    I wasn't including Megatron as I view him as a firmly entrenched vet now a days, not a youngin. As for why Blackmon instead of Julio or AJ... Mostly just my gut. I think of those three he's got the highest ceiling. He's stuck playing in Jacksonville which limits his production, but I think if he switched with either of those guys he'd out produce them.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

7. Re: Would you like to have had Dez Bryant?

I'd go with AJ Green over the other 2.

Dude is money.

Blog Entries

I'd rather have Michael Crabtree than Dez Bryant at this point.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

AJ Green or Ricky Proehl

Blog Entries

Definitely Ricky Proehl.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.