Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Would you like to have had Dez Bryant?

I'm watching the Dallas, Cleveland game and was thinking I'd love to have him. I know he is a knucklehead but he is pretty damn good.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

No. For reasons you mentioned.

Pass. He's nigh uncoachable, inconsistent effort, injury prone, and an off the field trouble magnet. If I had my choice of the NFL's big bodied young receivers I'd want Blackmon.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Re: Would you like to have had Dez Bryant?

I am extremely happy with who we have in the stable at receiver.

5. Re: Would you like to have had Dez Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Pass. He's nigh uncoachable, inconsistent effort, injury prone, and an off the field trouble magnet. If I had my choice of the NFL's big bodied young receivers I'd want Blackmon.
    Why Blackmon?

Why not Julio Jones or AJ Green? Or even Megatron?

Blog Entries
    No way

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

We have AnQuan Boldin.

Blog Entries

Isn't his best career game like 108 yards and a touchdown? That's pretty pitiful three seasons in the league.

Throw the thread away Houston I didn't realize he was as hated as he his. Lol.

I do agree he is a nut case but I love the big body and physical ability.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Throw the thread away Houston I didn't realize he was as hated as he his. Lol.

I do agree he is a nut case but I love the big body and physical ability.

I didn't realize how big his body was til Reed and two others bounced off him on one play going for the kill shot with their shoulder but I
    never wanted him and still don't for reasons mentioned above.

Oz knew what he was doing when he turned down the chance to move up to get him when he knew Dallas was going to get him.

I've been pretty vocal about how badly Ozzie got outplayed in that draft, letting Dez Bryant and Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez get picked away from us by teams trading up. No, we couldn't predict Kindle would ruin his career, and the TEs we did get have shown flashes of talent, but it's quite clear we missed out on some premium players.

And for anyone talking about Bryant's knucklehead behavior, let's also remember he went to Dallas, which doesn't have a solid locker room atmosphere or any real leaders. I think had he gone to Baltimore or another strong locker room he would have shaped up way better than he has so far. And he has a ton of raw talent.

So yes, I would be thrilled to have him. I'm fine with the receivers we've got, but he was our best chance at getting a prototype WR, one who has size and speed and hands... with where we've been drafting, we'd need to pull off a Falcons-like Julio Jones deal to bring in someone of that caliber for Joe to throw to. Torrey's great, Anquan's good at what he does, Jacoby has some talent... but many of the top passing offenses in this league are that way because they have one guy who demands the very best coverage and can beat it anyway (Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones and Roddy White, etc.). We'll need to find a diamond in the rough to get that sort of player as long as we continue to be successful.

Blog Entries

I'd rather have Michael Crabtree than Dez Bryant at this point.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.