Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    I did not say anything about Lefty being hurt! I just said that if he could have gotten things moving later on the game I believe we would have won. My response is not about missing players, injuries, "what if plays," excuses, etc. I did not reference any of those things. The Ravens won and the Steelers lost with what both of them had. I am fine with that. Frustrated from a loss, yes, of course. But I am not going to make excuses for them. And yes, he lacks ability. I am scratching my head over his start. Batch is by far a more technically, competent, QB. I think he will give the Steelers more of a chance next game.
    Fair enough..

I was kind of hoping to get some insight as to why they started Leftwich over Batch myself.

What is it about Batch that they prefer Leftwich over?

Is it the lesser arm strength?

Going into the game last week I was more concerned about facing Batch myself.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I am not sure why they went with Leftwich. Nobody is. I can theorize that he wanted a bigger, stronger guy and with the physical nature of Ravens and Steelers games. He has a stronger arm too, so maybe the thinking was they wanted to go deep a few times. Lefty just seems so raw, very little technical ability but able to make a few physical plays each game that could be game deciding.

Batch is more of a game manager. Thoughtful, better able to read the D, and he has a much more refined edge to his technique. He will make some touch throws too. The problem is, he breaks his arm putting on his uniform. If the Ravens get to him, he will be destroyed. If this new backup guy gets thrown in there, which I will not be surprised at all, and he gets pancaked, then I believe Heath Miller, believe it or not, is the 4th string guy. Don't quote me on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Fair enough..

I was kind of hoping to get some insight as to why they started Leftwich over Batch myself.

What is it about Batch that they prefer Leftwich over?

Is it the lesser arm strength?

Going into the game last week I was more concerned about facing Batch myself.

Sounds like there is a stronger possibility Big Boy will be suiting up next week against us.

Roethlisberger Could Play Next Week
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Sounds like there is a stronger possibility Big Boy will be suiting up next week against us.

Roethlisberger Could Play Next Week
    Probably could happen, but it would be a big mistake to let him play and get hurt worse if he suffered the original injury as reported. Won't help his reputation as a drama queen either. Bring him on, Ravens will do just fine next week against the steelers. Ngata and the rest of the defense will welcome him to M&T Bank like they always do. Hope his oline can keep up with the Ravens defense(they always have problems, especially with the current play of adams).

Blog Entries

Hearing he could be back next week in your guys' house. If he's at least 75%, go for it.