Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Steeler Doctors believe Roethlisberger will be out for 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    So it looks like Big Jen is expected back for the week that we play him. Guess thats the surprise of the century...
    Where did you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I doubt that will happen. If he does play, I hope Ngata and Suggs tee off on him.
    Honestly, if he comes back too soon, he could die. If that rib re-fractures and punctures his aorta, he's dead.

Speaking as a human being, I hope for his own safety he doesn't come back too soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Honestly, if he comes back too soon, he could die. If that rib re-fractures and punctures his aorta, he's dead.

Speaking as a human being, I hope for his own safety he doesn't come back too soon.
    Yeah, I honestly don't want to see him play for his own health. At some point doctors have to step in here and shut him down. The Steelers have been very shady with how they handle injuries.

As a football fan my viewing of the sport would never be the same if we had to witness a game in which Rothlisberger suffered a fatal injury rushing back too soon. I hope common sense prevails but if the doctors somehow clear him medically then it's fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    So it looks like Big Jen is expected back for the week that we play him. Guess thats the surprise of the century...
    Where have you seen this? As of yesterday they were saying the week after us as the earliest, and even that didn't sound very likely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    "Expected back" is hopefull wishing.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

And what if Flacco were out? Would that game count? Not sure the Ravens will sweep the Steelers. That last game could have went either way. The Ravens offense was dead in the water. Had Leftwich had any kind ability that would have been an easy win for the Steelers. I like our chances next week. Any Raven fan or Steeler fan who just thinks there is no way their team can lose needs to take off their tin foil hat.

I say if the Steelers can score 21 points they will win. I predict another close game.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    Y'all realize that once we sweep them (again), the wins won't count because Ben wasn't playing.

At home we're a different beast and everyone in Pitt knows it. Your only chance to avoid a sweep was to beat us in Pitt because our offense borders on unstoppable at home.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    And what if Flacco were out? Would that game count? Not sure the Ravens will sweep the Steelers. That last game could have went either way. The Ravens offense was dead in the water. Had Leftwich had any kind ability that would have been an easy win for the Steelers. I like our chances next week. Any Raven fan or Steeler fan who just thinks there is no way their team can lose needs to take off their tin foil hat.

I say if the Steelers can score 21 points they will win. I predict another close game.
    I hate theis train of thought. If Flacco had Jerry Rice and the Pat's oline, we win by 90 points. I can play too.

Had Leftwich had any kind ability that would have been an easy win for the Steelers.
    There's no use in using that kind of projection. It's basically assuming that if one thing changes, everything else remains the same.

I think it's safe to assume that even the slightest change in the game would cause other things to change, including the playcalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    There's no use in using that kind of projection. It's basically assuming that if one thing changes, everything else remains the same.

I think it's safe to assume that even the slightest change in the game would cause other things to change, including the playcalling.
    Especially considering Ben was hardly tearing it up before he got knocked out against KC, weren't they knotted at 10-10 or something?