Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ravens closing in on Division record

I still don't understand why some people want Harbaugh gone. (Other than his loyalty to Cam and keeping him around, but still)

Article link

Re: Ravens closing in on Division record

Nice read. Thanks.

How sweet would it be to tie and then break the record, both against Shittsburgh.

Another sweep like last year.

Thanks for the pointer.

Something must be wrong, though, because it's written by Jamison Hensley, who everyone thinks is the Ravens-hating village idiot.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I still don't understand why some people want Harbaugh gone. (Other than his loyalty to Cam and keeping him around, but still)

Article link
    Look I understand that Harbs has had an incredible amount of success but its really about winning a title. Once he does that everyone will shut up.

The Chin and Harbs are not too dissimilar. Both won a ton of games early in their careers. Both have knocked on the door but couldn't get over the hump especially in the case of Cowher who had 5 AFC title home games and won just one (1996, in 2005 they went to Denver and beat the brakes off the Broncos thanks to the rapist). Both are also notoriously stubborn to a fault. Harbs needs to take a page of Tomlin's book and adjust when needed. It's not just about Cam but also Pops Mattison, Moeller and Rosburg. At some point all of these guys have coached like shit but Harbs stuck with them even to the detriment of the team.

That should never happen.

If it wasn't for upper management pushing for Pops to be replaced, he would still be here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post

Article link
    You asked.

Since when does any of that translate into a Super Bowl trophy?

Well said Raven75.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    You asked.

Well said Raven75.
    Thanks Silver for having my back on the other thread with paintballguy.

Harbaugh has been a damn good coach but its about winning titles. Period.

BTW after seeing your pic as Bain I've put a reminder out to myself to never ever fuck with you!

Scary dude!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

BTW after seeing your pic as Bain I've put a reminder out to myself to never ever fuck with you!

Scary dude!
    Yeah, I am with you. I am not diminishing Harbaugh's record, but I got slammed years back when I said I thought Marty Shottenhiemer would have been a good pick for head coach. Knock on Marty was lots of success, but could never get over the hump. Starting to look familiar around here.

Yeah, I nailed the Bane look, pain in the ass costume, I made most of it myself. I would wear it to the stadium when the Steelers come, but I fear people would think I was going to blow up the Stadium.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

Scary dude!
    Give me a break. Harbs has only been a coach for 4 years. It's not like he's been here 10 years and never won.

Blog Entries

Im sorry but Harbs is the one thats dropping the passes and missing the FGs? this is news to me I was under the impression we were one of the most consistent winners and SB contenders in the league over the last 4 years. Not too many teams get over that SB hump, including some damn good teams and coaches. If thats the only measure and needs to be replaced after 4 years there would be a lot of good HCs without jobs.
    -JAB

10. Re: Ravens closing in on Division record

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Give me a break. Harbs has only been a coach for 4 years. It's not like he's been here 10 years and never won.
    True, but how many years does it take to realize that Cam can be as stubborn as a mule, often at the worst times? And for Harbs not to step in when Cam is completely soiling the linens?
    In 2011: Jets, 1st Texans, Jaguars, Seahawks, Chargers, Texans (Playoffs) were all games were Cam either didn't run the ball or didn't adjust to what the opposing D was doing (at least not until someone forced him too) or both.
    That's 5 reg. season games and 1 playoff game, 6 out of 18 games, or 1 out of 3 where Cam calls a crap game. And Harbs doesn't step in soon enough/not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    You asked.

Well said Raven75.
    I understand that it's all about the trophy, but some people act like the Ravens have never won a game since Harbs got here. It's all about the trophy no matter who the HC is, but Harbs is doing a much better job than most HC's in the league.

And here we go again...:DeadHorse:
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...