Hope for speedy recovery for Jim Harbaugh - evidently he had minor hear procedure at Stanford today

Maybe a stent? In any case hope its really minor and he has a full recovery.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...rocedure-heart

Re: Hope for speedy recovery for Jim Harbaugh - evidently he had minor hear procedure at Stanford today

Yes, nice shout out to the brother! Get well soon!

Blog Entries

Re: Hope for speedy recovery for Jim Harbaugh - evidently he had minor hear procedure at Stanford today

I don't know if it is the same procedure my boss had, and I don't have the technical term for it, but they had to zap a small section of his hear that was "fluttering" or "spasming" out of context with the rest of the heart. He was in and out the same day and was off for a week, but said it was no big deal.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Wow! I hadn't heard this. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

On the positive side, I'm simply stunned by the advances in medical practices for the heart during my lifetime. As a kid in the 50's and 60's, a stroke was verrrry serious, and a heart attack was often "it" for the person who suffered it. Now, I hear about folks having multiple bypasses, they're up and around in a few days, and home soon thereafter. Hopefully Harbaugh is okay and has no further problems.

5. Re: Hope for speedy recovery for Jim Harbaugh - evidently he had minor hear procedure at Stanford today

The same day he had that fairly minor procedure, he returned to the 49ers and went straight back to work:
    http://www.wsbt.com/chi-harbaugh-san...,2186874.story

Looks like he's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I don't know if it is the same procedure my boss had, and I don't have the technical term for it, but they had to zap a small section of his hear that was "fluttering" or "spasming" out of context with the rest of the heart. He was in and out the same day and was off for a week, but said it was no big deal.
    Wow, they can do that now? I've had minor arrythmia(PAC) for years and they all said most people get it and they don't bother with doing anything about it. Takes a lot of caffeine and stress to trigger it, but it's pretty annoying when it does flare up. Would be nice if there was some kinda quick fix like that!

Blog Entries

The article that I read said that Billick had treatment for the same condition twice while he was coaching here. I don't even remember it being discussed so it really was minor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Wow, they can do that now? I've had minor arrythmia(PAC) for years and they all said most people get it and they don't bother with doing anything about it. Takes a lot of caffeine and stress to trigger it, but it's pretty annoying when it does flare up. Would be nice if there was some kinda quick fix like that!
    They told him it would be better to take care of it now, in his 40's than wait till it could be a problem down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    They told him it would be better to take care of it now, in his 40's than wait till it could be a problem down the line.
    He probably had PVC's, which can eventually cause damage.

[edit] - He had atrial flutter. Similar to PAC's but a lot more uncomfortable.
    Last edited by alienrace; 11-17-2012 at 01:06 AM.