Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

I don't see a blowout, I don't think we've fully resolved our issues with our O-Line on the road. Against the Raiders, the O-Line played well, but that was at home.
    I'm just hoping for a win, be a shame to let this opportunity to go up 2 games on them to slip by.

Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

I know a blowout is unlikely, but i'm feeling one. The sqeelers are good but i'm not solded on them. I live here, and that D might be #1, but ike sucks. And they will give up a lead in the 4th.
    Imo, the Ravens are getting hot. I think there are, and i was calling for the sweep of these sqeelers all year. Why? My feeling, Last year, i felt it was a new era happening. We stop allowing the sqeelers to beat us. I feel, we are ready to crush the AFC north for a couple more years. Sweep the Sqeelers, and that's 5-0 in north. Keep the record going against cincy.

Even if it's not a blowout, which i'm hoping for, i have faith Flacco will crave up that D in the 4th.

3. Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

Those of you thinking blowout should keep in mind that even if our O plays well enough for a blowout, it still won't happen if our D can't stop their run game, and they do have Issac Redman and Johnathon Dwyer, not Taiwan Jones and Marcel Reece.

Though Redman hasn't played great so far...

Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

If Therapist was healthy I'd be a little worried about us getting blown out because our D is so banged up, and their D and running game has been clicking. Because of the intense rivalry the reality would probably be a tight game with Pitt getting the edge.

Even with Roethlisberger out, I figure they'll still score 20 points on us because our D is so bad. Can we score more against their D? I think so but it won't be a blowout. Ravens 24, Steelers 20.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Here are my thoughts

1. I prefer Mendhenhall over Redman/Dwyer as those big down hill backs have been the ones to give us issues (execpt for charles but we made adjustments taht game) He have usually held him in check. Redman has had some decent games vs us.

2, Their pass rush is not at the level it once was at so Joe should have time and our O-Line is improving. Woodley is not a speed rusher so he should play to KOs strengths

3. We need to be able to run early and pass late with maybe a few long shots early. The steelers are not good at DB and give up A LOT of PI calls so i can see us going downfield a lot on 2nd and 5 or even 3rd and 3. I dont want to be going deep on 2nd and 10 at the most 1st and 10 where u have 2 plays to get the 10 yards.

4. CBs need to Press as Leftwhich will try to get rid of the ball early per the system he does not have as quick a throw as Ben so that should help. Plus their o line in terrible in pass blocking when the QB cant get rid of the ball in the short passing game. The quick short passes hide the o line issues and I can see misstiming with their WRs.

5. Lastly we cant turn the ball over in the redone there will be turnovers on both sides but we can just hand them points no matter who is playing QB. if it were Jen then it would be a bigger issue as 3 would prob be 7 on some plays.

Ravens have barely looked like a playoff team on the road this year, much less blow anyone out. On paper the Steelers dont look like they should be able to score more than field goals, but I wont be surprised if the D and Cam make this game much more interesting than it needs to be

Blog Entries

Blowout? I hardly think so, but if the Ravens have to travel to Pitts, then this is the week to do it. I believe we have a slight edge now, and if we win a very close game (even with the fan moaning that would follow it), I'd be a happy camper indeed... Bc

Blog Entries

blowout? on the road? comon mane..they still have the number 1 D in the league, dwyer and redmon is a big backfield, hopefully we don't see much of them now bendanfall is back. hardly a blowout, in a tough staduim for the a shot at the division lead, trust these boys gonna be prepped. Cam and Pees better come up with A+++ schemes.

There is virtually no chance this game becomes a blowout. The Ravens will win by 7. Final Score 16-9

If I were the Steelers...they will take their 3 running backs and RUN RUN RUN and then RUN some more.
    The idea is to keep our offense OFF the field and completely run over our defense.
    And if Ben were in there, it would be to control the clock with both run and pass.
    Their defense will aim to shut down the run, and bring pressure on Joe.

So, it is all about stopping their running game to the point where they HAVE to throw.

the steeler games are now about joe flacco. he has proven that he can win in pissburg and he has enough experience against their defense to understand how to beat it. if is OL does an average job and his receiver don;t drop balls we will succeed.

it was amazing to see the dropped balls by KC last week. dwayne bowe is their big tome guy and he dropped paases without contact.

Blog Entries