Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

I think we will win but a blowout? Hardly. The Steelers are no pushovers even without some of their key players and they are going to run the ball alot against our D which hasn't been stellar against the run this season (in fact, pretty pathetic). I don't care about blowouts (although that would be icing on the cake)....just give us the win and we'll call it a night.

Blog Entries

Re: In all seriousness, if the circumstances hold up, I see a blowout in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't see a blowout. Their defense is to disciplined, I could see a convincing victory like 28 -17.

The only way I see it as a blowout, is if their run game gets shut down. I expect a lot of running from them.
    Their D is well coached, that is why even with the injuries on D that they have they still rank in the top 5-10. For some reason some people can't see that Pees is not the guy for the Ravens D and want to say the players are the reason. Although we have way more injuries than they do we are still under performing because of coaching and scheme. Yes they still have their center pieces but Harrison and Woodley have been banged up, Perm has been out and they still play well. It does help that teams seem to be scared to play the Steelers D even though they are vulnerable in many spots. KC exploited the right side on run plays, but insisted to throw in OT with the end result as such.

Wow. This is the Steelers vs. Ravens, sunday night, in your face, slugfest.

Anything IS possible, but I see the usual, hard fought, 60 minute AFC North battle.

It is simply about the line of scrimmage.
    Who wins in the trenches?

That will dictate the game, period.
    If Flacco has time to throw, the Steelers are in trouble on defense, but if he can't, it will be rough for the Ravens.
    If the Steelers can run the ball and protect Leftwich, the defense will have a long night.

Blog Entries

On paper maybe a blowout, but they don't play on paper...

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Remember, this is the #1 D in the NFL you are talking about; the Steelers have a solid run game; and 'road warriors' the Ravens are NOT!
    Only 7 out of 31 other teams in the NFL have a better road winning percentage than the Ravens this season, right now.

Last year only 12 of 31 teams won more road games.

In 2010 only 9 teams won more. Only 2 teams won more if you include the post-season.

In 2009 only 13 teams won more. Only 9 teams won more if you include the post-season.

In 2008 only 5 teams won more. NO teams won more (or even as many) if you include the post-season.

In recent times (since 2010), we have won 12 road games, including the post-season, only 5 teams have won more.

Going all the way back to the beginning of the Flacco-Harbaugh era (since 2008), the Ravens have won 23 road games, including post-season, second only to the New York Giants.

And you know, we should be 3-1 on the road this year, because we only lost in Philly due to some obviously and ridiculously awful and unfair officiating from the replacements.

Blowout? Ravens crushed Oakland and you think this will be a blowout. RAVENS games (80%) are decided in the final few minutes. I see the same thing in this game. Ravens are an above average team (playoff caliber) not a great team by any means for lots of reasons. Nail biter as always.

Blog Entries

If all things went right, it could be a blowout, but it won't be, and I'll tell you why.

In every road game this year, the offensive line has been horrid. In the two losses, they were atrocious, in the two wins, they did everything they could to try and blow the two games. Now, they are playing in the toughest environment they have yet, under lights in front of a juiced crowd, against a bunch of guys who have traditionally given this offensive line fits.

Everyone wants to talk about Ben not being there and Byron, Brown and Polamalu, but the deciding factor of this game is going to be the offensive lines, and frankly, I have zero faith in our offensive line being able to protect Joe long enough for him to get the ball to the holes that will be there.

Not saying Ravens won't win, but a blowout? Nah...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If all things went right, it could be a blowout, but it won't be, and I'll tell you why.

In every road game this year, the offensive line has been horrid. In the two losses, they were atrocious, in the two wins, they did everything they could to try and blow the two games. Now, they are playing in the toughest environment they have yet, under lights in front of a juiced crowd, against a bunch of guys who have traditionally given this offensive line fits.

Everyone wants to talk about Ben not being there and Byron, Brown and Polamalu, but the deciding factor of this game is going to be the offensive lines, and frankly, I have zero faith in our offensive line being able to protect Joe long enough for him to get the ball to the holes that will be there.

Not saying Ravens won't win, but a blowout? Nah...
    Hopefully it'll rain and the stadium will be half-empty like it was against the Chiefs. Did anyone else notice that?

I can't see a blowout with Flacco probably getting knocked around a ton in this game.

Blog Entries

Hopefully it'll rain and the stadium will be half-empty like it was against the Chiefs. Did anyone else notice that?
    Weather forecast for Pittsburgh on Sunday, November 18, courtesy of weather.com:

Sunny, high 50, low 35, wind from the east at 5 mph, prob of precip 0%.

Sorry.

FWIW I hope it doesn't come down to FGs. I love Tucker to death (in a manly man's way o'course) but Condiment Colosseum is a bitch of a field for kickers--& he's never kicked there before.

Yeah... that was because it was the Chiefs, this will be different. This is a huge game for them.

considering Pigsburgh's talent on dline and cb here's hoping Flacco can hit Dickson and Pitta and exploit the lbs and safeties. all those weapons should stretch them pretty good, just hope the line can give him time (don't we worry about that every week?)
    Offense could get a big assist with a pick or two, which could happen. BLeft just doesn't worry me that much, and I think their run game is shakier, and the Ravens run D is better, than many think.
    Ravens 24
    Pigsburgh 10 two interceptions (Reed, Kruger)
    Ravens pass rush could make a big difference against an iffy Pigsburgh oline.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)