Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: Meme of the Week ....

hahaha great share

Love it!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Nice. Thank you for sharing.

That girl actually looks a lot like my niece, whom from an early age has been taught (by me) to Hate Shittsburgh.

Blog Entries

That's really funny.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

That is the most crass, insulting, degrading, inhumane...

...aaah, fuck it:
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 11-15-2012 at 07:17 PM.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

lob-
    I kinda had the same reaction! ;)

(Actually, in a more PC state of mind, I'd offer that the tragedy of a house fire is terrible for those who suffered it, but since this is probably a "staged picture", I think that's one of the funnier things I've seen posted!

If it's a "real" event, my sympathies...)

Blog Entries

Mon beau Beau,

N'en as peur--methinx it's foe-to shopped...:D

And speaking of shopping: A few years back the supermarket down the street from my office hired a rabid Stealers fan as a manager. I asked him if he wasn't concerned that his shiny black SUV literally covered with team regalia sitting out in the parking lot might end up looking like that house, & he responded with the sort of imbecile belligerence that is the hallmark of hardcore Tar&Urine faithful.

He got fired some time before the 2011 season started, & it was a damn shame--not that he was so hot as a manager, but (as I remarked to one of the stockers, a solid Ravens fan I often talked sports with) it would have been sooooo sweet to ride his mizzubul butt after both of their losses to us...not to mention getting sent home early by Tebow...

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

lob-
    Yeah, I've noticed that one is often wise to understand and heed the more, ahem, delicate intricacies of fandom when one is in "enemy territory"! ;)

OTOH, it's kindy funny (not terribly ha-ha, but inneresting in a philanthropical sorta way) being down here in (mostly) Panthers territory. I was somewhere, can't recall, in the week after the Houston game, and being a Ravens fan, I'm wearing a lot of sweatshirts, tees, etc., that sport the Ravens logo, some in Ravens purple, but some in black or grey or whatever. Anywho, some guys start up with the "Oh, a Ravens fan! Well, whoop-dee-dooo! What happened with the Texans?"

Now, we here in the Old North State (Tarheel suggesting too close a familiarity with Chapel Hill and a certain Terrapins rival! :)) operate under a Concealed Carry set of rules that apparently differ from the law-abiding element of the People's Republic of Maryland - thus, I have been ever mindful of flapping my fat little lips to even the wispiest of characters, lest I find myself facing down the barrel of a 9 mil, .380, or some other little pop gun that just might sting ya. Plus, I could almost see the thought balloons forming overhead, with "How's Ray the Murderer?", and other witty repartee.

Soooo, to catch em off-guard, I says to the boys, I says, "Well, Hell, YEAH, mes amis [that kinda throwed em a bit!], I'm a big Ravens fan. Are y'all Panthers fans?"

At this point, and since my keen powers of observation told me I was up against a pack of "Charlotte-ans", I see some higher IQs beginning to figure out where this is headed (i.e., NOT into a worn discussion of Lewis in Atlanta), and they kinda start looking elsewhere, striking up minor conversations. The faithful, however, want to show their allegiance, so I hear, "Yeah, we're Panthers fans, so what?"

Welp, you know me, not following the NFC much (heh, heh!), I asks, with a look of naiveté I do, "Well, how're YOUR guys doing this year? I know y'all are not in our conference, but I guess it's possible we could meet up in the Super Bowl, no?"

The silence was deafening, the facial expressions priceless!

I'm proud to be a Ravens fan, and glad I didn't buy Carolina PSLs! YEE-HAAA and GOOOO RAVENS!!!

Blog Entries

Beau--I gather the appropriate response to that, were I 40 years or so younger, would be: Oh SNAP! Well played, old sport!

(Just curious, but down in that (red)neck of the woods, does PSL stand for "Panthers Still Losing"?)

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Welp, you know me, not following the NFC much (heh, heh!), I asks, with a look of naiveté I do, "Well, how're YOUR guys doing this year? I know y'all are not in our conference, but I guess it's possible we could meet up in the Super Bowl, no?"

The silence was deafening, the facial expressions priceless!
    Post of the YEAR! :respect

Panthers fans are a funny bunch - gotta love em. I didn't realize youre in the Charlotte area too.