Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: SoundFX: John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Dont really have a strong opinion on Tom. In his old days with the Jags and early Giants tenure, he was Mr Micromanage to Nth degree so I dont think Harbs and Tom are alike too much.

Sorry, just not a big Harbs fan. Not gonna shoot down anyone else's opinion on John if they disagree and think he's great coach. Just my feelings. John is a ST coach... never a OC or DC, so in my book, I question if he truly understands playcalling strategy. Things have run amok with Cam at times, and I would have thought that John would have put a stop on those reoccurring issues by now. Don't really want to get into a deep discussion on the pros and cons of Harbs, but end it by saying I hope Harbs and the coaching staff prove me 100% wrong.
    A head coach's job is to manage the entire team, not be a O or D coordinator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    And I don't think my opinion will change until a trophy is raised. As a Ravens fan, I hope I am completely wrong.
    I am with you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Seriously though, the way he's worked this team with such a high rate of turnover, he deserves to be counted among the "elite" coaches in the NFL along with the likes of Darth Belichick, Tomlin, Coughlin, and Sean Payton.
    No frigg'n way. Until he gets a ring he NEVER deserves to be mentioned with Super Bowl winning coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    Sorry pal, people are allowed their opinions just as you are. You don't need to respond if you don't like it. It's called respecting other peoples objective opinions and posts. As much as you'd like to believe you're opinion is always "right," it's not, which is why it's called an opinion. I wouldn't have responded this way if I didn't believe you're coming across as condescending.
    Get used to it. There is a breed of poster that jumps to Harbaugh's defense if you don't like his coaching. I am with you and Steve Young that says the Raven's have done the least with the most in terms of talent. The ballyhoo about making the playoffs constantly is crap. These are the same people who condemned Brian Billick for wasting years of great defense. When does it become John wasting the most talented teams on offense and defense? Sorry, coaches are remembered for trophies. The knock and reason a lot of people didn't want Marty Shottenhiemer here was his fail to win the big one despite regular season and limited playoff success.

Blog Entries

For some reason, Harbaugh reminds me of Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights. So he's all good by me, haha.

Seriously though, the way he's worked this team with such a high rate of turnover, he deserves to be counted among the "elite" coaches in the NFL along with the likes of Darth Belichick, Tomlin, Coughlin, and Sean Payton.

Very happy to have him.
    All of those coaches have SB wins.

There are multiple ways to win. Jimmie Johnson and Belichick are two completely different types of coaches, but both have won 3 rings. Who's to say one style is better than another?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    All of those coaches have SB wins.
    John will have his soon enough :)

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    A head coach's job is to manage the entire team, not be a O or D coordinator.
    I agree with this. I also agree with R75 - Flacco should have gotten that game ball back then.

Blog Entries

There are multiple ways to win. Jimmie Johnson and Belichick are two completely different types of coaches, but both have won 3 rings. Who's to say one style is better than another?
    Johnson only won 2 Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

It was interesting to hear the tidbit about Joe Flacco faking the audible to get the safeties to move up, to set up the original play call. For those who aren't aware, Peyton Manning is absolutely notorious for doing that. There is only one man that Joe could have learned that from: Jim Caldwell.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I don't have a problem with Harbaugh giving Cameron props. When you win as big as the Ravens did, it truly is a total team win. Every player executed and the coaches game planned and called plays well. They deserve credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Do you really believe that not giving Joe a game ball affects him? If you do, I want what you are on. If you ask any Ravens player about Joe, they are behind him 100%.

Also, the Ravens will be the only team to ever make the playoffs 5 consecutive times under Harbaugh and Flacco if they make the playoffs this year. You are seriously crazy if you think Harbaugh would get fired. He's been a fantastic coach for the Ravens.
    A good manager knows that his performers are the ones that he needs to instill the most confidence in as well as jerk their proverbial chain. Look at how Mike Tomlin handles his team. It's about THE PLAYERS not the coaches. Coach those guys up and get them to perform at a high level. Who gives a fuck about a play caller. You can make the greatest call in the history of the game and if the players don't EXECUTE then it doesn't mean dick. Look at the genius in NE. He's probably making great calls on defense but his team isn't executing.

Joe at that time (and even now) was getting destroyed by the media, players and others. He even had doubters in his own locker room(and if you think that's really changed see Ed Reed 2011). Why not give him the game ball? I remember when they showed that Cam game ball clip and you had a few players that had a look of 'is he serious'.

Lastly I don't give a fuck how much Harbs has won, if he can't get over the top because of stubborness to change then he should be fired. Denny Green won a lot and where'd that leave him? The Chin was notoriously stubborn and until someone told him he couldn't have his way (ie drafting Shawn Andrews over Ben) the Steelers didn't get it done. Harbaugh is a good coach no doubt but we don't need another Andy Reid which is to say good but always falling short. We're in a division with a HC who seems to get it and worse wins titles. I get if Harbs pushes all the right buttons and he just falls short but he seems intent on doing things his way (ie acting as if Cam and his coaches (includes Moeller and Rosburg) are bigger than the players). The Mattison hire damn near destroyed the foundation of this defense. Fortunately higher powers pushed for a change.

Hopefully this will help you understand where I am coming from. BTW I forgive you for your personal shots and your completely assinine post.

Have a good day paintjobguy