Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

SoundFX: John Harbaugh

Harbs was mic'd up for the Oakland game

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-...ns-flying-high

Interesting hearing him discuss going for the fake Field Goal.

Re: SoundFX: John Harbaugh

Saw that on the NFL network last night. One thing that I did notice, is that when Flacco threw one of is TD's, and Rice ran another in nearly unscathed, Harbaugh seemed to praise Cam and give him credit for good play calling. Not saying this is right or wrong, good or bad, it just goes along with the irony of all the heat the offense takes and Harbaugh's loyalty to his coaches.
    Last edited by palukaraven; 11-15-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    Saw that on the NFL network last night. One thing that I did notice, is that when Flacco threw one of is TD's, and Rice ran another in nearly unscathed, Harbaugh seemed to praise Cam and give him credit for good play calling. Not saying this is right or wrong, good or bad, it's just goes along with the irony of all the heat the offense takes and Harbaugh's loyalty to his coaches.
    I've been saying this for at least two years since Harbs gave Cam Cameron the game ball for the win over the Steelers in Heinz. That was Joe's first real difference making performance and Harbs could've established Joe as the leader of the team (along with Ray) just by praising him. Instead he chooses Cam.

If Harbs doesn't get the Ravens over the hump and he gets fired he'll need to look in the mirror and ask himself if his loyalty to the coaches was his undoing.

The guy just seems to lack common sense sometimes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I've been saying this for at least two years since Harbs gave Cam Cameron the game ball for the win over the Steelers in Heinz. That was Joe's first real difference making performance and Harbs could've established Joe as the leader of the team (along with Ray) just by praising him. Instead he chooses Cam.

If Harbs doesn't get the Ravens over the hump and he gets fired he'll need to look in the mirror and ask himself if his loyalty to the coaches was his undoing.

The guy just seems to lack common sense sometimes.

Do you really believe that not giving Joe a game ball affects him? If you do, I want what you are on. If you ask any Ravens player about Joe, they are behind him 100%.

Also, the Ravens will be the only team to ever make the playoffs 5 consecutive times under Harbaugh and Flacco if they make the playoffs this year. You are seriously crazy if you think Harbaugh would get fired. He's been a fantastic coach for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Jesus christ, people want to find every little thing to pick on with Harbaugh, it really puzzles me at times. Harbaugh praises everyone for their efforts, and I have even heard him shout at Cam for dumb play calls before on sound FX. :grbac:

I gleaned from the show that Harbs really never gets involved at all in Cam's playcalling. If you have some ownership in the decision, you dont directly praise that subordinate. They showed him talking strategy with Rosburg on the fake FG. He should be doing the same with Cam. My thoughts of John mostly being a glorified college coach are never debunked when we get these sideline videos on SoundFX or RaveTV. Maybe I'm wrong in my expectations, but I want my coach to be the master strategist during a game, and I just dont see John being that type of coach. Sure you dont micromanage every aspect, but when things arent going right, that's when you step in and take charge. Perhaps the Raiders game wasnt the best example, b/c nearly every aspect of the game was achieving at a high level. Like some people's opinions on Joe, I always be a doubting Thomas WRT Harbs being the capable coach to lead us to a SB victory. And I don't think my opinion will change until a trophy is raised. As a Ravens fan, I hope I am completely wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I gleaned from the show that Harbs really never gets involved at all in Cam's playcalling. If you have some ownership in the decision, you dont directly praise that subordinate. They showed him talking strategy with Rosburg on the fake FG. He should be doing the same with Cam. My thoughts of John mostly being a glorified college coach are never debunked when we get these sideline videos on SoundFX or RaveTV. Maybe I'm wrong in my expectations , but I want my coach to be the master strategist during a game, and I just dont see John being that type of coach. Sure you dont micromanage every aspect, but when things arent going right, that's when you step in and take charge. Perhaps the Raiders game wasnt the best example, b/c nearly every aspect of the game was achieving at a high level. Like some people's opinions on Joe, I always be a doubting Thomas WRT Harbs being the capable coach to lead us to a SB victory. And I don't think my opinion will change until a trophy is raised.
    loool!

For some reason, Harbaugh reminds me of Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights. So he's all good by me, haha.

Seriously though, the way he's worked this team with such a high rate of turnover, he deserves to be counted among the "elite" coaches in the NFL along with the likes of Darth Belichick, Tomlin, Coughlin, and Sean Payton.

Very happy to have him.

I gleaned from the show that Harbs really never gets involved at all in Cam's playcalling. If you have some ownership in the decision, you dont directly praise that subordinate. They showed him talking strategy with Rosburg on the fake FG. He should be doing the same with Cam. My thoughts of John mostly being a glorified college coach are never debunked when we get these sideline videos on SoundFX or RaveTV. Maybe I'm wrong in my expectations, but I want my coach to be the master strategist during a game, and I just dont see John being that type of coach. Sure you dont micromanage every aspect, but when things arent going right, that's when you step in and take charge. Perhaps the Raiders game wasnt the best example, b/c nearly every aspect of the game was achieving at a high level. Like some people's opinions on Joe, I always be a doubting Thomas WRT Harbs being the capable coach to lead us to a SB victory. And I don't think my opinion will change until a trophy is raised. As a Ravens fan, I hope I am completely wrong.
    You must really hate Tom Coughlin. He's got 2 Superbowl rings and doesn't call any plays.

Blog Entries

Good coaches or managers trust their people to do what they do without meddling. What employee enjoys having their boss over their shoulder telling them what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jesus christ, people want to find every little thing to pick on with Harbaugh, it really puzzles me at times. Harbaugh praises everyone for their efforts, and I have even heard him shout at Cam for dumb play calls before on sound FX. :grbac:
    Sorry pal, people are allowed their opinions just as you are. You don't need to respond if you don't like it. It's called respecting other peoples objective opinions and posts. As much as you'd like to believe you're opinion is always "right," it's not, which is why it's called an opinion. I wouldn't have responded this way if I didn't believe you're coming across as condescending.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    You must really hate Tom Coughlin. He's got 2 Superbowl rings and doesn't call any plays.
    Dont really have a strong opinion on Tom. In his old days with the Jags and early Giants tenure, he was Mr Micromanage to Nth degree so I dont think Harbs and Tom are alike too much.

Sorry, just not a big Harbs fan. Not gonna shoot down anyone else's opinion on John if they disagree and think he's great coach. Just my feelings. John is a ST coach... never a OC or DC, so in my book, I question if he truly understands playcalling strategy. Things have run amok with Cam at times, and I would have thought that John would have put a stop on those reoccurring issues by now. Don't really want to get into a deep discussion on the pros and cons of Harbs, but end it by saying I hope Harbs and the coaching staff prove me 100% wrong. And I do believe that the Ravens organization could do far worse than Harbs considering the dearth of good coaches out there.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 11-15-2012 at 10:59 AM.