Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Steelers dump Alameda Ta’amu

I know this guy is an idiot, but it doesn't look like he will be suspended by the league, and he is a good run stuffing NT, which is something that the Ravens definately need. I would be fine with the Ravens claiming him off waivers if he is still available when their turn comes around.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...alameda-taamu/

Blog Entries

Re: Steelers dump Alameda Ta’amu

Took long enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I know this guy is an idiot, but it doesn't look like he will be suspended by the league, and he is a good run stuffing NT, which is something that the Ravens definately need. I would be fine with the Ravens claiming him off waivers if he is still available when their turn comes around.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...alameda-taamu/
    The Ravens aren't signing him lets move on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Why not? This dude is an immature 22 year old, but is a 6'3" 348 lbs NT. He is one of the players I wanted the Ravens to draft this year, and was upset that the Steelers got him. He had an incredibly bad night, but I haven't heard of other character concerns regarding him. I am tired of watching Cody amd Kemo get consistently pushed 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage, which has been a huge factor in the Ravens poor run defense. He was a 4th round pick, so we aren't talking about big money here, and since he was cut mid-season, none of his salary for this year is gaurenteed for the team that picks him up. If the Ravens can't get through to him, then cut him.

Don't you think they'll take a look or at least see where he was on their draft board?

Why not? This dude is an immature 22 year old, but is a 6'3" 348 lbs NT. He is one of the players I wanted the Ravens to draft this year, and was upset that the Steelers got him. He had an incredibly bad night, but I haven't heard of other character concerns regarding him. I am tired of watching Cody amd Kemo get consistently pushed 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage, which has been a huge factor in the Ravens poor run defense. He was a 4th round pick, so we aren't talking about big money here, and since he was cut mid-season, none of his salary for this year is gaurenteed for the team that picks him up. If the Ravens can't get through to him, then cut him.
    Maybe I should have made myself more clear, I wouldn't be mad if the Ravens signed him but the Ravens aren't the only team who needs a DT/NT. Second of all their 7-2 record hurts their chances since Ta'amu would have to pass through waivers (waiver line starts from worst to first), no point in getting your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Don't you think they'll take a look or at least see where he was on their draft board?
    If he gets to them then yes they will but he would have to be within reach first (waiver wire).

Blog Entries

Maybe I should have made myself more clear, I wouldn't be mad if the Ravens signed him but the Ravens aren't the only team who needs a DT/NT. Second of all their 7-2 record hurts their chances since Ta'amu would have to pass through waivers (waiver line starts from worst to first), no point in getting your hopes up.
    Ok, that makes more sense. If some other team claims him first then so be it. If he is there when the Ravens turn comes around though, I would want Ozzie to claim him.

Ok, that makes more sense. If some other team claims him first then so be it. If he is there when the Ravens turn comes around though, I would want Ozzie to claim him.
    I agree with you they should claim him if he's there. I'm pretty sure Quackjack will laugh at us now for wanting the Ravens to sign Ta'amu.

Blog Entries

I agree with you they should claim him if he's there. I'm pretty sure Quackjack will laugh at us now for wanting the Ravens to sign Ta'amu.
    Who cares. The Ravens run defense has been worthy of a good laugh (or cry) all season. Right now, I am open to anything that could stop the bleeding.

SMH

Blog Entries

Haha, wasn't this the guy supposed to be the future dominating NT and future replacement of Casey Hampton, just because he was projected as a first/second round and went in the 4th? Funny how tings turn out.

I actually agree with dirt, I really liked the guy before the draft, and was surprised my self he fell to the 4th round, if he's available for us, I would take a chance on him and claim him, because our Dline needs major help, and this is a big physical guy who could stop the run pretty well in college. I just can't see him clearing waivers, and if he does, there is obviously a significant reason that we're maybe not aware of. I'm still pretty surprised he was waived like that, especially considering the chances we've given Kindle up until now.