Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Outstanding article on ESPN about Torrey Smith

It was written by Kevin Van Valkenburg (the ex-Sun writer).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations...r-torrey-smith

ESPN needs to make him the AFC North blog writer instead of Hensley. He would be such an improvement.

Re: Outstanding article on ESPN about Torrey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    It was written by Kevin Van Valkenburg (the ex-Sun writer).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations...r-torrey-smith

ESPN needs to make him the AFC North blog writer instead of Hensley. He would be such an improvement.
    Great article. Thanks for finding it CJ.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Blog Entries

Wow that was a fantastic read. It gave me goosebumps reading. You can't ask to have a better person than Torrey on your team. He's a great person. His performance that night against after his brother's accident will go down in history.

Great article, no question.

Awesome article!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

KVV is a superb writer

"Five things we learned" was one of the only things worth reading in the Baltimore Sun

He posts on this message board now and again I believe

Great stuff!

But I hope to Jeebus he never writes the AFC North blog. Not because I don't think he'd be any good at it, but because this crowd would crucify him the way they've been crucifying Hensley since he took the job.

One even remotely bad word about the Ravens and he's toast.

Blog Entries

Torrry Smith is possibly the only Raven I wouldn't be thoroughly disgusted with if he ever dons Black and Yellow.

Actually, I love the guy!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
    Torrry Smith is possibly the only Raven I wouldn't be thoroughly disgusted with if he ever dons Black and Yellow.

If you would disgusted with Ray Rice playing for your team, along with a bunch of other players who would clearly start for the Steelers any day of the week, then I don't know what to tell you, and I advise you to get some glasses that aren't as Yellow as the ones your currently wearing. There are a bunch of Steelers players I'd want to play here in a heart beat, like Timmons or Lamar Woodley.

Blog Entries

Actually, my glasses are pretty fucked up :P

Also, forgot Ray Rice, and also Oher. Ray Lewis would just be... wrong. Suggs; lol no. Reed, we already got Polamalu. Flacco; lol no. You get the point.

Blog Entries

Actually, my glasses are pretty fucked up :P

Also, forgot Ray Rice, and also Oher. Ray Lewis would just be... wrong. Suggs; lol no. Reed, we already got Polamalu. Flacco; lol no. You get the point.
    We clearly see the game differently. Yes it would be weird having Maukrice Pouncey playing for us, and he is hated around Bmore as is most of the Steelers roster, but that is just a rivalry thing. If a good player can start for your team and help you win championships, I don't give a damn who it is.

Put it this way, remember that these players could have been drafted by anyone in college, and it really is just the luck of the draw where someone ends up. Suggs could have been a Steeler legend by now, while Woodley could have been our premium pass rusher. This isn't high school football. More times than not, a player doesn't care who picks him, as long as the team will pay him and give him a shot at a starting place in the team. Sure, players become loyal to the teams who draft him, or a team who invests a lot of money into him through FA, but this is business at the end of the day. I'm pretty sure if the Ravens had the cap space and offered Wallace the most money in FA next year, he would come to Bmore regardless.

Blog Entries

Would you rather have Mike Wallace or Torrey Smith?