Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: ravens have the #1 defense in the league...

whatever i still hate this defense its hard to watch that shit when teams run on us all damn day for while this season on 4th and 1 was an automatic first down, to hell with this bend dont break shit, I remember this defense used to be feared, QBs and running backs would shit their pants walking unto M&T field. This defense now is for the birds and this bird, screw that. I'll take last years defense over this bullshit anyday of the week, pees gotta go.

The problem with that percentage is that it doesn't say how many times the opponent is getting into the red zone. To give an extreme example, if your TD% in the red zone is only 35%, but they get to the red zone 100 times, you gave up 35 TDs. If your red zone TD% is 100%, but you only let them get to the red zone 30 times, you gave up five fewer TDs despite the fact that your percentage sucks. I don't know how often opponents are getting to the red zone, but I really don't like the fact that we're giving up over 5 ppg more than last year.

I agree with smoove.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    whatever i still hate this defense its hard to watch that shit when teams run on us all damn day for while this season on 4th and 1 was an automatic first down, to hell with this bend dont break shit, I remember this defense used to be feared, QBs and running backs would shit their pants walking unto M&T field. This defense now is for the birds and this bird, screw that. I'll take last years defense over this bullshit anyday of the week, pees gotta go.
    I am not a great fan of Pees, but last year's defense had a healthy Ray Lewis, a more healthier Ed Reed, a healthy Terrell Suggs, a healthy Ladarius Webb, a more healthier Haloti Ngata and Cory Redding. How is any of that Pees fault? Yes, I know, all teams have injuries, but that is a lot of missed time, or degraded time, for just about every key player on last year's defense.

And those dominating defenses of years past were fun to watch...offenses that could get out of their own way, and QBs that fumbled the ball while scrambling untouched out of the pocket? Not so much. Can't have it all...

One of the most interesting things to me is that the dreaded 3-man rush is actually working well in the red zone this year. For a few weeks, I was having Mattison flashbacks, but QB's aren't finding anybody open. It's weird.

5. Re: ravens have the #1 defense in the league...

Definitely classic bend but don't break defense. It's definitely been tough to witness some of the games this year. I didn't think they'd fall off this much, but points are what truly matters. I just hope we can see some improvement from this group down the stretch. We need to get more pass rush from guys like Kruger, McClellan, Upshaw, and McPhee when he returns. I like that Pees is at least trying to make adjustments (going up in the box, trying guys at different spots). Hopefully they can keep it up as far as allowing points to opponents.