Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Don't be overly surprised if Kruger blows up from this point.

Major props on this one bro.

I honestly didn't think he had it in him after what has mostly been a no show for the first half of the year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I honestly didn't think he had it in him after what has mostly been a no show for the majority of his career.
    Fixed it.

Great to see pass rush though, it is much needed.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I honestly didn't think he had it in him after what has mostly been a no show for the first half of the year.
    That front 4 of Kruger Upshaw Ngata and Suggs is nasty on passing downs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

5 straight games with a sack... just sayin'

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Even better against the Skins considering Suggs was out, everyone had to win their one on one matchups and Kruger did.

It's funny seeing the knocks on Kruger, who is our best defender in uniform today not named Ngata.

Here's hoping that the Ravens bring him back next season.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Even better against the Skins considering Suggs was out, everyone had to win their one on one matchups and Kruger did.
    Heres the problem, he only commands a one on one and beats it every once in a while. No OC needs to scheme against him. Sorry but Upshaw is already on or past his level in run support, add another offseason and he may match what kruger can bring in pass rush, or maybe not and thats why you go get that outstanding pass rusher DE in the draft, instead of paying for a one trick pony who's one trick is mediocre.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Heres the problem, he only commands a one on one and beats it every once in a while. No OC needs to scheme against him. Sorry but Upshaw is already on or past his level in run support, add another offseason and he may match what kruger can bring in pass rush, or maybe not and thats why you go get that outstanding pass rusher DE in the draft, instead of paying for a one trick pony who's one trick is mediocre.
    I fully agree. Upshaw is lightyears ahead of where Kruger was when he started. No offense, but I wouldn't invest big dollars into Kruger when Upshaw is going to be a beast in a quarter of the time it took Kruger. Kruger is going to get a big money deal from the likes of the Colts and be gone.

Blog Entries

I was gonna say someone will give Kruger his pay day but maybe not
    us signing JOe and all.

But Film Study said Skins ran all over him despite 1.5 sacks. I just watched the tape and on their 1st TD Morrison ran by him in the middle of the field. Kruger made a big plunge for him and missed.

There were other times he was in the backfield and RG and Morrison
    simply side stepped him and ran by him.

Sunday was the first game Kruger played the entire game. He was a
    situational rusher til then. That's not the kind of player you want to give big money to but someone will.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    It's funny seeing the knocks on Kruger, who is our best defender in uniform today not named Ngata.

Here's hoping that the Ravens bring him back next season.

Glad to see you back T.

How you feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Raiders Oline had only allowed 14 sacks coming into this game. just saying....
    one of the sacks against oakland was when carson fell down and kruger was the first to touch him on the ground. i wouldn't call that a sack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He has kind of already done that, but at this point Upshaw isn't going to give much as a pass rusher, which is what we need down the stretch. I think Upshaw is going to be a vital part of our defense for whatever run at the SB we have as a run defender, but Kruger can get to the QB.

I do think in time, Upshaw can become a productive pass rusher though.
    He wasn't a pass rusher in college, and I don't think Ozzie drafted him as such. He's another JJ. Plays the run well, can set the edge, and get after the passer once in a while.

Kruger is more of a pass-rushing threat, and he's had his moments. He's just not able to consistently force the action against a double team. He's not a Suggs, let alone a Bouleware.