Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

If there is more than a 1% chance that a wrong hit could drive that rib into the aorta & rupture it, he'd be out of his fucking mind to even think about stepping onto the field, & the Steelers shouldn't even let him near his locker. Hell, if he showed up on the sidelines I'd assign a couple of bodyguards to make sure he didn't take a hit from anything. The most common symptom of a rupture in the aorta (absent major trauma, usually due to an aortal aneurysm) is sudden death*even if the medics guess what's happened, they have no more than 10 minutes to get you into surgery before you're kaputt.

* I had a coworker a couple of decades back who survived an aortal aneurysm, but only because it was a slow leak rather than a blowout--the reduced blood flow was enough to keep him alive until they could stitch a GoreTex replacement into him.
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 11-15-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky
    Show me the OFFICIAL, DIRECT QUOTE from the Steelers that he isn't playing. Or the OFFICIAL INJURY REPORT that says he's out. Otherwise save your electrons, because it's all just speculation, a bunch of folks adding 2 and 2 and thinking they have 4.

Quote Originally Posted by BMann
    Karl Rove, is that you???
    True Dat.
    I chose to avoid loba directly, but I can empathize w/ him. He's seen Ben's little pseudo-Munchausen syndrome performance before. We all have.
    Virtually every Ravens/Steelers week finds Ben in an injury debate that he can almost not possibly lose: If he plays and loses, he will be lionized for merely suiting up. If he plays and wins, he is Mr. Touchdown USA! If he can't play and they lose, well don't blame Ben! (dude was straight-up injured). One time, I could let it slide, but everytime?? It is clearly his modus operandi. Nobody questions his "toughness" - the drama is in manipulating the situation to make him the hero and insure he's not the goat. I would have thought last season's festivus might have led to intervention. but the black & gold spin cycle is fully engaged again.
    Here's a link to a thorough article on his injury.

http://aeryssports.com/aerys-offside...ergers-injury/

I don't want the guy to puncture his aorta, but I'd welcome a 2 game series w/o Ben this year, despite those who say it cheapens any wins vs. Pitts.
    Love how the Lady Doc can't see the forest (Ben's serial milking of the injury list) for the trees (the individual times he "rubs dirt on it" and plays after one of his will he?/won't he? performances).

You could put Terry Bradshaw back there Sunday and I would hope he gets pummeled or anyone from 8-80 man or women and I hope they get crushed. A wins a win. Better yet put Ben out there in a wheel chair.

Blog Entries

Talking to your kids about Big Bens Injury.

Funny stuff

http://www.dve.com/player/?station=W...l&mid=22633162

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post

Funny stuff

Hahaha, thanks for that, gave me a good laugh.

Blog Entries

Your welcome Beast. The part about Cleveland made me LMAO.

Blog Entries

Funny stuff

That's hilarious!

Leftwich isn't to bad- *isn't should*

Cool Re: Big Jen Ruled OUT for Sunday!!!

Funny stuff

Too funny!

between this and the concussions I hope he takes his rings and walks away from football while he still can.
    seriously.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)