Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Skip Bayless doesn't see the difference between Leftwich and Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    To say this shows your bias against Joe. If you really believe what your saying I have no response.

To each his own I guess.
    How?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    How?
    You say that he's average, yet his numbers and win % show otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You say that he's average, yet his numbers and win % show otherwise.
    Disagree that they say otherwise. Especially this year.

:grbac:

The daily RnT rant.... Man you are on a crusade to prove to every Raven fan that Joe is an average QB. Christ almighty... We get it by now. Face it...most of us aren't gonna completely agree with you. I do think you have some valid points on Flacco being average, but as a RAVEN FAN, I hope he exceeds my expectations in those areas of his game that I view as his weakpoints. Do you?? Because FYI, Joe is gonna be the Ravens QB for awhile. And he's still a young QB... Sure he may never be Peyton Manning but he'll get better.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 11-15-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Bayless is just doing what he is paid to do, and that is to stir the pot. I think he is quite entertaining to watch, particularly when he gets into heated debates with people over the Ravens. I honestly couldn't care less what this guy thinks. I just like to be entertained by his antics.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    :grbac:

The daily RnT rant.... Man you are on a crusade to prove to every Raven fan that Joe is an average. Christ almighty... We get it by now. Face it...most of us aren't gonna completely agree with you. I do think you have some valid points on Flacco being average, but as a RAVEN FAN, I hope he exceeds my expectations in those areas of his game that I view as his weakpoints. Do you?? Because FYI, Joe is gonna be the Ravens QB for awhile. And he's still a young QB... Sure he may never be Peyton Manning but he'll get better.
    Of course I do. But what I posted certainly wasn't a rant. It was like 3 words. He's been average this year.

Blog Entries

Of course I do. But what I posted certainly wasn't a rant. It was like 3 words. He's been average this year.
    Flacco through 2012

60.2 comp %, 7.6 yards per comp, 13 TD's, 7 INTS, taken 19 sacks, has had 12 dropped passes, currently has 2363 yards on the year. Winning % is 7-2, Flacco has the least time out of any other QB in the league to throw the ball. Flacco's numbers are on a par with quite a few QB's in the league who you'd also consider elite, such as Drew Brees, and Eli Manning.

Not elite numbers so far, but they are pretty good numbers, and he's had one or two really bad games that have bought them down, if it weren't for them, I'd say he's been having by far his best year as a pro so far. Those numbers say to me, good QB and certainly better than average. Getting to 7-2 with the flaws we have on both sides of the ball, I'd say that's pretty amazing too.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Flacco through 2012

60.2 comp %, 7.6 yards per comp, 13 TD's, 7 INTS, taken 19 sacks, has had 12 dropped passes, currently has 2363 yards on the year. Winning % is 7-2, Flacco has the least time out of any other QB in the league to throw the ball. Flacco's numbers are on a par with quite a few QB's in the league who you'd also consider elite, such as Drew Brees, and Eli Manning.

Not elite numbers so far, but they are pretty good numbers, and he's had one or two really bad games that have bought them down, if it weren't for them, I'd say he's been having by far his best year as a pro so far. Those numbers say to me, good QB and certainly better than average. Getting to 7-2 with the flaws we have on both sides of the ball, I'd say that's pretty amazing too.
    Least time out of any QB in the league to throw the ball sounds very, very subjective to me.

Least time out of any QB in the league to throw the ball sounds very, very subjective to me.
    That was quoted from a stat on ESPN or some similar as I recall. They had an actual number for it.

Anyone thinking Joe is average, numbers, shmumbers, just isn't watching the guy play objectively. Sorry to be so crass and blunt, but that's how I see it. I'll take the opinions of guys like Jaworski, Gruden, etc over somebody like Bayliss or RavensNTerps every time.

Blog Entries

The numbers are still solid, and certainly better than average as you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Anyone thinking Joe is average, numbers, shmumbers, just isn't watching the guy play objectively. Sorry to be so crass and blunt, but that's how I see it. I'll take the opinions of guys like Jaworski, Gruden, etc over somebody like Bayliss or RavensNTerps every time.
    It baffles me that people can actually watch Joe and still say he's garbarge.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I guess this went OT and just focused on Joe. I'm try to bring it back a bit and say that Ed Reed is already getting jumping watching Lefty's long drawn wind up to pass. The way Ed jumps routes, he will have plenty of time to zero in on his targets. From start of throw to finish Lefty has to stare down his target during his long drawn out wind up to deliver the pass. Any throws on Reed's side of the field will be dangerous. Just my O2. He does seem to have a strong arm, but transitioning and going through progressions with pump fakes is unlikely, if a DB jumped a pump fake from Lefty they are an idiot.