Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Ravens re-sign Dennis Dixon to PS, release Omar Brown

I'd like to have Omar Brown back as well.

Re: Ravens re-sign Dennis Dixon to PS, release Omar Brown

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Off the top of my head there are 2 possible rationales for this move:

1) Dixon was on our PS from the start of the season until recently. As one guy put it over on "Behind the Steel Shmatte", "It never hurts ... to have a little insight on their next opponent. While teams change their signals week to week, especially if a player gets released, he does have a sense of what's going on behind closed doors in Baltimore."

2) And it cuts the other way as well--on the PS, Dixon will presumably run the offense that the D will practice against & having been a Stealer, he might have a better understanding of how that needs to be done.

Resigning him to our PS means that to get him the Tar&Urine would have to make room on the 53-man roster, & they're already carrying a bunch of injured players waiting for them to get well. Had the Ravens not resigned him, Pittsburgh could have signed him to their own PS, picked his brains, & had him for instant elevation should something happen to Lefty or Batch.

Little things can add up to a lot...
    This is it. Especially with 2 game in 3 weeks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Resigning him to our PS means that to get him the Tar&Urine would have to make room on the 53-man roster, & they're already carrying a bunch of injured players waiting for them to get well. Had the Ravens not resigned him, Pittsburgh could have signed him to their own PS, picked his brains, & had him for instant elevation should something happen to Lefty or Batch.

Little things can add up to a lot...
    Truth.

Has me wondering about a bunch of inconsequential questions.
    Trying in part to get into a PS player's shoes.
    What are players like Dixon/Brown told.

Dixon was cut from PS Nov 6th 2012 and TE Alex Silvestro added, so he was out of an income.
    Now I assume he goes home, I can't see any reason for him to be told to stay close, it really seemed to me to be a 'cut bait and move on' scenairo.
    Then a week later he gets a call to come back (Jen's injury).
    Do we have to give him a little more (above the minimum) to make up for the week's pay he lost? Did he have to buy his own ticket home or does the team do that (goodwill).
    The man isn't dumb, he knows Jen got hurt and he has some value/familiarity with their playbook, I can see the need for the Ravens to sweeten the pot a little, but I have no way of knowing such arcane trivia.... just a curiosity as to what goes on at that low level.

And Omar? I assume he was told we still really like you, we just have to have a PS slot right now and it is the one you have.
    (I'm sure the FO evaluated the PS players as to who can't surface and who has the best chance of not being picked up).
    I know we move on in the big picture, I just wonder what it is like for those guys sometimes.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Sorry about that folks. He's been dealt with.

Thanks to those who alerted us. Carry on ...

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    Yeah, Heath Miller would have been the backup QB last night because Batch was inactive.
    SO I get to start a QB at the TE position in fantasy?!
    Sweet.
    Wait. he stinks. nevermind.

Blog Entries

I still like Dixon. I hope he's able to stick around for a little while beyond the Steelers games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    They have two. Lefty and Batch.
    Yes - mustn't forget Choo-Choo Charlie! He's been w/ Pitts. so long he still has his ORIGINAL Killer Bee uniform.

Omar Brown re-signed........

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

i would like to see dixon up against tyrod taylor. i've seen taylor play. i would like to see what dixon can offer.