Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rex Ryan

Re: Rex Ryan

Ryan was successful in Baltimore because his players were very loyal to him...he was a "players coach". Now that he's lost control in NY, I wonder if he'll ever have the credibility to be a successful "anything" in the NFL after he gets canned by the Jets. Too much talk, too few results.

Blog Entries
    His brother isn't doing him any favors in Dallas either IMO. They have a good D but he runs his mouth, guarantees victories and every time the camera is on him he's dropping F bombs.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

NFL might want to do a drug screen on ryan, majority of football fans can't see what he is seeing with the team. If he loses more games this year against teams he already said are losers, he should go. Can't believe he still thinks they can make the postseason. Jets got a break when they beat St Louis last week. Last nights showing (especially sanchez running into his own blocker, fumbling too, and that gave the pats 6 points) was pitiful and embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Seriously. First off, he made a bad pick with Sanchez, moving up to get him, and darn near swore to the heavens that Sanchez was going to be a star. Then, Tannebaum inexplicably gave Sanchez a raise over hurt feelings. Then, they brought in Tebow, in a sorry attempt to make themselves relevant.

All the while, Ryan's teams are having the same issues as Billick's teams, you know, the guy he stabbed in the back and caught hurt feelings over not being allowed to replace.
    I keep saying it...the 2012 Jets train wreck looks just like the 2007 Ravens train wreck.

It amazes me some people want him back in Baltimore.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

"I never thought we'd be in this position, but we are," Ryan said. "I have to get better right now and we have to get better, and I'm confident we will. We have five games left in the regular season, and I think that we will get better. I know we'll get better."

Reality is hitting hard for Rex.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I keep saying it...the 2012 Jets train wreck looks just like the 2007 Ravens train wreck.

It amazes me some people want him back in Baltimore.
    It is exactly like 07. I too am amazed by people who want Rex. He's a horrible coach. He may know X's and O's but he has no clue how to lead a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just for comparisom; in four years as HC Rex Ryan has two playoff visits and a 4-2 playoff record.
    Norv Turner, in six years at San Diego, has three playoff appearances and a 3-3 record. in 15 career seasons Norv is 4-4 in four playoffs with what is considered to be a more talented team (at least in San Diego). advantage Ryan, tho many will suggest Norv just got lucky working for patient ownership.

by the way; Brian Billick; nine years, four playoff appearances, 5-3 playoff record, four of those wins coming in the 2000 SB run.

maybe Rex is another Jerry Glanville, who gives a team a quick shot of adrenaline but fades fast. (Glanville was also a DC)
    Last edited by sailorsam; 11-25-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: add line
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)