Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan

This thread again, huh?

What Ravor said. Seem folks need to go back and read news articles about Rex's departure. I have a better shot at being DC next season.

Now Marvin Lewis? I'd jump all over that hiring.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Re: Rex Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Could we see a Rex Ryan return to DC next season?

Seems like he could be gone from NY after this season.

Could the ravens pick him back up? Rex Ryan could just be another wade phillips - Mediocre to bad HC but an amazing DC.

Ryan > Pees
    IF they let Pees go, and look outside for his replacement, I am hoping Cleveland's DC is let go, I want that guy.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    IF they let Pees go, and look outside for his replacement, I am hoping Cleveland's DC is let go, I want that guy.
    Everyone in Cleveland is going to be let go. They're going to clean house. Looks like they'll be able to bring in Andy Reid if they want him.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

I just hope Pigsburgh doesn't fire LeBeau and hire Rex.
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I just hope Pigsburgh doesn't fire LeBeau and hire Rex.
    I can't see Rex going to the Steelers. He hated them as much as anyone.

Blog Entries

Pees is getting a tough wrap considering the injuries and lack of players drafted of late to our defense. Upshaw is growing more and more into a stud every day. JJ is going to be a distant memory soon. We relied on Ray long enough. Reed isn't done, and Smith will be a force at CB someday.

I don't want Rex. Brian Billick is still trying to pull the knife out of his back that Rex stuck there. Not doing revisionest history, but if Rex took Billick's back, I believe he never would have been fired. But Rex is a dick and will soon be back in a DC postion where he belongs where his dad belonged. Backing Sanchez is akin to backing Boller. No win. Allowing Tebow into the mix told me everything I needed to know about Rex. Dr. Sholl's couldn't help him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Jauron wouldn't be a bad choice.

Also you have to wonder if Sean Peyton does indeed wind up in Dallas is suddenly Rob Ryan becomes available. No way does Rex come back here but maybe his brother would? Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Everyone in Cleveland is going to be let go. They're going to clean house. Looks like they'll be able to bring in Andy Reid if they want him.
    I'm not yet totally sold on that. They've been playing better of late for Shumur and he and Banner do have roots together in Philly. Don't really know what their relationship is - heck, they could hate each other - but I wouldn't be terrible surprised to see them keep him around for another year.

That is, if Banner has a high opinion of Shumur and doesn't, in fact, hate him!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I'm not yet totally sold on that. They've been playing better of late for Shumur and he and Banner do have roots together in Philly. Don't really know what their relationship is - heck, they could hate each other - but I wouldn't be terrible surprised to see them keep him around for another year.

That is, if Banner has a high opinion of Shumur and doesn't, in fact, hate him!
    I like Shumur too but his record over 2 years is terrible. You have a new owner who is looking to change the loser mentality that has been with that franchise since it started up again. I don't see him wanting any ties to what was there before him. It's not like Bisciotti taking over a franchise that was already excellent. They need to sell the idea that this is the Cleveland version of the Steelers. They can't do that by keeping a coach with a .300 winning percentage.

I wouldn't mind Shurmur being our new OC. Harbaugh has said before that they are very good friends. That could be a good fit.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    But egos at the door is not a Rex thing...
    Rex always leaves his ego at the door. Because it can't get through the door.

Can't believe the "bring back Rex Ryan" thread is being resurrected.

He'll never be back with the Ravens, in any capacity, and I for one am glad. Look, we all knew things would end badly in NY if the Jesters started losing. And we're seeing that exact scenario unfold right before our eyes. I respect Rex's defensive knowledge and accomplishments, but Rex has become all about Rex. NY may or may not fire him come January (I actually doubt they will), but even if they do, let Rex take his sideshow elsewhere.

Hmm. Washington would be a "perfect" fit. If that happens, get your popcorn ready.

12. Re: Rex Ryan

As much as i would welcome it, i doubt it would happen.

Really wish we made a pay for Mike Nolan in the off season. He was great when he was here and is doing a great job on Atlanta right now.

Now if Marvin Lewis were to become available this off season, that's another story.

Yeah, I don't think it'd be a good match at all at this point. Some other guys would be interesting like Marvin Lewis, etc. They may hang onto Pees. I don't believe he's good for our defense. Now, I give him credit. He's trying things; going up in the box, moving guys around, trying to make something work. I realize as well that injuries have played a big part of it and the fact that we've played some pretty competent offenses thus far. Still, I feel he could've gotten a lot more out of this personnel. I wasn't expecting a top 10 defense necessarily, but I still felt we would be on pace to finish in the top half of defenses in the NFL. I could understand keeping him, but I think his defensive schemes and blitzes are a bit too uncreative and we would fare better with a younger, energetic coach. I'd like to see someone like Monachino get a shot. We'll see. If we really falter in the postseason defensively, Pees may get canned. Then again, if we go to the SB, you can bet he'll be staying, good or bad. Ultimately the offense will have to be consistent if we are to get far this season!

Blog Entries

I'd love to see it but it won't happen and Rex will have a LOT of teams interested.

I WANT REX BACK.

AFTER he gets fired from his SECOND HC job.

That should curb his ego enough to make him an excellent DC for us. He IS a super DC, and we need one. And IF he ever comes back as DC, there is less chance he'd be plucked from us by another team to be a hc.

Yes, I am dreaming. Happens after a 13-hour day and two double bourbons. Or was it 3?