Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan

Blog Entries

Re: Rex Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    But egos at the door is not a Rex thing...
    Rex always leaves his ego at the door. Because it can't get through the door.

Can't believe the "bring back Rex Ryan" thread is being resurrected.

He'll never be back with the Ravens, in any capacity, and I for one am glad. Look, we all knew things would end badly in NY if the Jesters started losing. And we're seeing that exact scenario unfold right before our eyes. I respect Rex's defensive knowledge and accomplishments, but Rex has become all about Rex. NY may or may not fire him come January (I actually doubt they will), but even if they do, let Rex take his sideshow elsewhere.

Hmm. Washington would be a "perfect" fit. If that happens, get your popcorn ready.

As much as i would welcome it, i doubt it would happen.

Really wish we made a pay for Mike Nolan in the off season. He was great when he was here and is doing a great job on Atlanta right now.

Now if Marvin Lewis were to become available this off season, that's another story.

4. Re: Rex Ryan

Yeah, I don't think it'd be a good match at all at this point. Some other guys would be interesting like Marvin Lewis, etc. They may hang onto Pees. I don't believe he's good for our defense. Now, I give him credit. He's trying things; going up in the box, moving guys around, trying to make something work. I realize as well that injuries have played a big part of it and the fact that we've played some pretty competent offenses thus far. Still, I feel he could've gotten a lot more out of this personnel. I wasn't expecting a top 10 defense necessarily, but I still felt we would be on pace to finish in the top half of defenses in the NFL. I could understand keeping him, but I think his defensive schemes and blitzes are a bit too uncreative and we would fare better with a younger, energetic coach. I'd like to see someone like Monachino get a shot. We'll see. If we really falter in the postseason defensively, Pees may get canned. Then again, if we go to the SB, you can bet he'll be staying, good or bad. Ultimately the offense will have to be consistent if we are to get far this season!

Blog Entries

I'd love to see it but it won't happen and Rex will have a LOT of teams interested.

I WANT REX BACK.

AFTER he gets fired from his SECOND HC job.

That should curb his ego enough to make him an excellent DC for us. He IS a super DC, and we need one. And IF he ever comes back as DC, there is less chance he'd be plucked from us by another team to be a hc.

Yes, I am dreaming. Happens after a 13-hour day and two double bourbons. Or was it 3?

Blog Entries

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-locker-room/

This is why I never want any part of Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Rex always leaves his ego at the door. Because it can't get through the door.

Blog Entries

There will be plenty of DC candidates to choose from. Before looking outside of the organization, the front office can look at Ted Monachino and Clarence Brooks (Who may or may not be content with being the Lines coach). Then, you will have a guy like Ron Rivera, who has experience with various defensive schemes. That versatility will lend itself well to persuading the Ravens to take a look.

I want to be understanding of Pees situation, due to some of the overall talent issues. However, I was disappointed by his inability to scheme blitz packages to create pressure, so that he wouldn't leave his CBs at such a disadvantage, because they are both press CBs. Mattison had the same issue.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

In my perfect world of a Ravens coaching, having the combo of Marvin Lewis as HC with Rex Ryan as DC or Rex as HC with Lewis as DC would put some badly needed cajones back on this team. And you can bet your last dollar that Cam Cameron under either coach would not have the free reign he enjoys right now.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Can't believe the "bring back Rex Ryan" thread is being resurrected.

He'll never be back with the Ravens, in any capacity, and I for one am glad. Look, we all knew things would end badly in NY if the Jesters started losing. And we're seeing that exact scenario unfold right before our eyes. I respect Rex's defensive knowledge and accomplishments, but Rex has become all about Rex. NY may or may not fire him come January (I actually doubt they will), but even if they do, let Rex take his sideshow elsewhere.

Hmm. Washington would be a "perfect" fit. If that happens, get your popcorn ready.

Thats great and all, except I never said "lets bring back rex ryan."

I brought up the question, would the ravens want to, considering he will most likely be out of a job this off-season and we need a DC

Yea, if only we had the massive playoff pedigree of Marvin Lewis or the steady, consistency of Rex Ryan we'd surely be better off.

Jesus Christ... The lunatic ideas some of you Harbs bashers come up with are more like fever dreams than actual ideas.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron