Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan

Rex Ryan

Could we see a Rex Ryan return to DC next season?

Seems like he could be gone from NY after this season.

Could the ravens pick him back up? Rex Ryan could just be another wade phillips - Mediocre to bad HC but an amazing DC.

Ryan > Pees

Blog Entries

Re: Rex Ryan

Rex admitted that he had some bad blood due to being passed in favor of Harbaugh. I'd love him back as a DC but Rex doesn't have the kind of ego that you can put back in a can. Once he's been top dog, he'll always want to be top dog. That will make for a tension filled dynamic for Harbaugh.

No.

There's no way they'd bring him back. He's too much about Rex now and that wouldn't work well for an assistant.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

No, just no!!!

Blog Entries

Dean Pees has to go, but Rex Ryan is just not a fit for this team anymore. Best bet is going after a guy like Ron Rivera.

There is no way the Ravens would bring back Ryan.

There is no way Ryan will work again for the Ravens.

In fact, I can see Ryan going out of his way to land an AFC North job just so he could stick-it to the Ravens.

I still think it was in the best interests of both parties to part ways, but there is just too much bad blood for their to be any sort of reconciliation.

Yeah, Norv Turner as the OC and Rex as the DC and Harbaugh as HC.
    That would have a crazy dynamic but if the coaches left their egos at the door, that would be something else.
    But egos at the door is not a Rex thing even though I think Rex IS the guy to fix this defense.

Blog Entries

In saying that, Rex Ryan still likes the Ravens, he was rooting for us against the Patriots in the AFCCG. I do think that the whole "Rex Ryan has bad blood lingering with the Ravens" thing is a little over blown.

Seeing that J Jones and T Smith are fast on their feet, rex may want to come back.LOL No'hell no, let rex take his show to another team.

Blog Entries

lol no

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    In saying that, Rex Ryan still likes the Ravens, he was rooting for us against the Patriots in the AFCCG. I do think that the whole "Rex Ryan has bad blood lingering with the Ravens" thing is a little over blown.
    Him rooting for the Ravens against the Patriots is irrelevant. He probably has many friends on the team and within the organization.

But once you are up for the head job, and the organization says, "You are not our guy." I just think that what got broken there never gets fixed...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Him rooting for the Ravens against the Patriots is irrelevant. He probably has many friends on the team and within the organization.

But once you are up for the head job, and the organization says, "You are not our guy." I just think that what got broken there never gets fixed...
    Yeah, he wont be back here as the DC, but I think he's still pretty close with certain players and coaches on the team.