Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    no doubt it'll likely be whoever has the last possession and I won't be able to go to sleep until 2 a.m.
    2am!? You lucky thing. Last year after Joe to Torrey the game finished around 5am and I didn't manage to get to sleep properly in the few hours before getting up for work at 7! Funnily enough I wasn't tired at all during the day, although it started to kick in later that day!

Blog Entries

Just saying, we have a lot more at stake than you guys do.

Still, I think if anyone on either side says one team will win by more than 10, than they are just either ignorant or overly hopeful. It'll be one of "those" games, and who doesn't love them?

Go Stee- *is shot*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Final score- 20-13 Ravens.
    Well Leach that was pretty in depth assessment. Cant argue with much, but i think even youll admit they arent going to play McKinnie. I think KO will handle woodley enough, personally. If Harrison was anything remotely what he was years prior id be more worried about Oher frankly. Bold Prediction on the Ike Taylor INT, he typically only gets 1 or 2 an entire year. Good post though but i have to ask, was that a Madden simulation?
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Well Leach that was pretty in depth assessment. Cant argue with much, but i think even youll admit they arent going to play McKinnie. I think KO will handle woodley enough, personally. If Harrison was anything remotely what he was years prior id be more worried about Oher frankly. Bold Prediction on the Ike Taylor INT, he typically only gets 1 or 2 an entire year. Good post though but i have to ask, was that a Madden simulation?
    Yeah some of my predictions are probably a little off, but you get the picture of where the game will go along the lines of.

Nope. Again, look at the stats and watch the game. Exaggeration. The forums were not like that at all. A few took that stance as an immediate reaction to the loss, but it was by far the minority. Of course, many fans of opposing teams like to think that, because that is how we as fans are. And some fans of the losing team like to think that. But, their stats were virtually identical. Both QB's had a so-so performance.

Don't get me wrong, the Broncos deserved to win. They put a score up when it counted after a Pittsburgh mistake. Such as the way of football. That is one of those games we could have one. But "could have" does not get a team to the playoffs. I was hoping to meet Denver in the playoffs for some redemption. But - we can all see how that is going of late . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    ANYBODY who watched the game saw Peyton Manning torched the steelers defense. There are no questions about it,

The steelers board was getting ready to all drink arsenic kool-aid because of how he roasted their defense that game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Nope. Again, look at the stats and watch the game. Exaggeration. The forums were not like that at all. A few took that stance as an immediate reaction to the loss, but it was by far the minority. Of course, many fans of opposing teams like to think that, because that is how we as fans are. And some fans of the losing team like to think that. But, their stats were virtually identical. Both QB's had a so-so performance.

Don't get me wrong, the Broncos deserved to win. They put a score up when it counted after a Pittsburgh mistake. Such as the way of football. That is one of those games we could have one. But "could have" does not get a team to the playoffs. I was hoping to meet Denver in the playoffs for some redemption. But - we can all see how that is going of late . . .
    Peyton Manning showed up when it mattered, regardless of the stats, it was week 1 anyway it's long gone now. No need to debate about it.

Ravens need to take advantage of Leftwich's slooooow delivery and get some good shots in on him. Try to at least slow down if not shut down Wallace, even if it means some of their other WRs/RBs get off some. That guy scares me. And hopefully Cameron remembers for the 2nd straight week he has a pretty good backfield and utilizes it.

Even with Leftwich in there, I'm seeing something of a shootout. 30-27 in OT, and I'm really hoping the Ravens have the 30.

Blog Entries

Not making a prediction, but I will say that if we catch them without Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, Polamalu and Clark that is a hell of a break and needs to be capitalised on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Not making a prediction, but I will say that if we catch them without Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, Polamalu and Clark that is a hell of a break and needs to be capitalised on.
    It really has to. A win would really make things a LOT easier on us. I still think the division is our to lose now with Ben out an extended period of time, but we really would do well to win this game.

That said, it isn't going to be some cakewalk. We still are going up against a very good defense(which I do think we can exploit in some areas). They thrive on pressuring the QB, and we are ineffective when Joe is laying on his back much of the game, just like any other team. We cannot be sloppy, and we cannot turn the ball over.

I expect a hard fought win, but would not be surprised in the least to see a loss either. I feel like this is a toss up, even without Ben, with the Ravens having only a slight advantage. I really hope that if we do lose, the board doesn't go into meltdown mode. This isn't some "gimme" game, and neither are the following two weeks.

Just take solace in knowing that the playoffs are already a virtual lock given the state of the AFC :)

Blog Entries

If Ben is out for both games, our chances of winning the next 4 are increased. Yes San Diego on the road will be tough, I think we'll lose that one, but you'd probably say we should beat a poor Chargers team. Then Steelers at home, if Leftwich is playing, you'd say we have to be heavy favorites for that one, giving how well we've played at home this year. Then we have the lowly deadskins on the road.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If Ben is out for both games, our chances of winning the next 4 are increased. Yes San Diego on the road will be tough, I think we'll lose that one, but you'd probably say we should beat a poor Chargers team. Then Steelers at home, if Leftwich is playing, you'd say we have to be heavy favorites for that one, giving how well we've played at home this year. Then we have the lowly deadskins on the road.
    These next 4 games will tell us a lot about what we can expect from the Ravens this year. If they put their foot on the Steelers neck the way they should, then the Ravens might be primed for a legit Super Bowl run. However, if they go 2-2 over this stretch, then I think that they will have shown themselves to be a team that will probably not make it to the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I really hope that if we do lose, the board doesn't go into meltdown mode. This isn't some "gimme" game, and neither are the following two weeks.
    Oh but you know it will. We'll have the Flacco sucks, Cam sucks and the season's over threads all over the place.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller