Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 101 of 101
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    797

    Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers



    Ravens 24
    Steelers 16
    I told everyone that if I went to Pittsburgh I would have to throw up on my jersey every time I played, - Double J will always be a Raven




  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    wheres that "how does this team get to 10 wins" thread. Looks more and more easy each week. im now thinking anything under 12-4 may be a bit of a disappointment. the only team that looks imposing is the broncos, luckily we get them at home. SD will be a tough game across the country, but theyve not been playing very well. It wouldnt shock me if we ran the table honestly, and thats with our flaws.
    I agree, the rest of the schedule is deceiving, and not as bad as some people are making it out to be. We get the under performing Giants and the high flying Broncos at home two weeks in a row after this stretch which many people would think on paper we should go 3-0 over it (assuming Jen is out for the second game too).

    Then our next 3 games are tougher tbf, Broncos will be very hard to beat, but we can certainly beat them at our place, we have looked like arguably the best team in the NFL at home this year (again). A tough one against the Giants, who always seem to get hot down that last stretch, but I think we should be able to beat them too, then you got what may be IMO the more tougher of the three, Cincy on the road, but certainly a very winnable game. I can see us losing one of those games, maybe Cincy on the road, especially if we rest our starters if there is nothing to play for. There is a slight chance that despite our flaws, we could go dare I say it, unbeaten running up to the play offs, but more likely 13-3, or 12-4 losing maybe to the Chargers and the Broncos at home.




  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    272

    Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

    As much as it pains me, I will say

    24-16 in favor of the Ravens.

    Flacco has played well the last few times out at Heinze Field. If this Ravens offense can figure out what has been ailing them on the road they are going to be murder.




  4. #94

    Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I agree, the rest of the schedule is deceiving, and not as bad as some people are making it out to be. We get the under performing Giants and the high flying Broncos at home two weeks in a row after this stretch which many people would think on paper we should go 3-0 over it (assuming Jen is out for the second game too).

    Then our next 3 games are tougher tbf, Broncos will be very hard to beat, but we can certainly beat them at our place, we have looked like arguably the best team in the NFL at home this year (again). A tough one against the Giants, who always seem to get hot down that last stretch, but I think we should be able to beat them too, then you got what may be IMO the more tougher of the three, Cincy on the road, but certainly a very winnable game. I can see us losing one of those games, maybe Cincy on the road, especially if we rest our starters if there is nothing to play for. There is a slight chance that despite our flaws, we could go dare I say it, unbeaten running up to the play offs, but more likely 13-3, or 12-4 losing maybe to the Chargers and the Broncos at home.
    exactly how i see it. Chances are we lose at least 1 of the remaining games, maybe 2 (i lean towards Cin and DEN as well)... which means 12-4. If we do run the table, which doesnt seem outrageous, we could be looking at home field throughout. hopefully the boys realize thats still a possibility. after all, we do look like the best team in football at home. Id be surprised if we dont get a first round bye, at the least.
    -JAB




  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    617

    Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

    Regardless if Roethlisberger and Polomalu are playing or not, I still think this is going to be a very tough game for the Ravens. I think they're able to pull out a squeaker 20 - 17.
    Last edited by palukaraven; 11-16-2012 at 11:01 AM.




  6. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Olney, MD (Baltimore native)
    Posts
    363

    Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

    In order of importance, six factors 'at stake' for the Ravens Sunday night on NBC:

    1. Opportunity to demonstrate team (defense, offense) is ready to defend division crown.
    2. Advantage due to key starters out for Steelers.
    3. Opportunity to set up division first tiebreaker (season-series sweep).
    4. Two-game winning streak against Steelers.
    5. Eleven-game winning streak against AFC North opponents.
    6. Overall two-game winning streak.

    Ravens are 4-0 against Steelers in games Roethlisberger has missed (since 2004). The four were decided by 3, 6, 3 and 3 points (according to records at www.pro-football-reference.com). The most recent was in Pittsburgh (17-14 in 2010).

    The most important prerequisites for a Ravens win:

    - 'Show up' as a team; play 60 minutes.
    - Keep their composure; keep mistakes to a minimum.
    - Stop the running game;
    - Win the time-of-possession battle.
    - Win the turnovers battle.

    BALT 23
    PITT 20

    NOTE: This is my first score prediction which contradicts my game-by-game season prediction for the Ravens. So far, I am 9-0 in predicting win/loss for the Ravens this year. I predicted a Ravens loss in Week 11 at Pittsburgh but, given the Steelers' injuries status, I am predicting a win instead.
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 11-18-2012 at 05:05 AM.




  7. #97
    Ravens 27
    Steelers 17

    Flacco goes for 280 and 2 td's.
    RR gets 125 combined yards and a TD.
    Reed comes up with a huge pick.




  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a Purple Haze
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Since Ben Roethlisberger made his first career start, the Steelers are 8-5 in games without him but 0-4 vs the Ravens.

    Let's hope it is now 0-5!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

    NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!




  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,944
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Since Ben Roethlisberger made his first career start, the Steelers are 8-5 in games without him but 0-4 vs the Ravens.

    Let's hope it is now 0-5!
    and Lefty has lost his last 6 starts in the NFL; albeit some on pretty bad teams.




  10. #100

    Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Correction on second thought as game nears

    Steelers/Referees 20
    Ravens 17
    i was almost right. Good win. The refs tried to give it away with BS PI Call to start the game, and COUNTLESS non holding penalties by Steeler lineman. Plus, a terrible spot on Rices first down run moved back a half yard.




  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,944
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    i was almost right. Good win. The refs tried to give it away with BS PI Call to start the game, and COUNTLESS non holding penalties by Steeler lineman. Plus, a terrible spot on Rices first down run moved back a half yard.
    I saw one play where Kruger was literally hugged and thrown to the ground right in front of the ref... no call. Hey at least we got the W ugly or not. I kinda like ugly W's




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland