Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Prediction Thread - Ravens @ Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Three in a row at Heinz would be sweet. They certainly haven't had home field advantage on us there the last couple years.. We've won against Ben and against a backup.. So I don't care if he starts or not on Sunday night.

3 in a row it is.

Hmmm... too early to fly a banner over the area "This is RAVENS country"........

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

I think the last couple of years the Ravens have been up to the task for the games against the Steelers. They know them well. Even though it's a road game, I believe the Ravens will be prepared to play at the ketchup factory. Ben being hurt does up our chances of a win. I think we can win whether he plays or not but I'm with alot of others, it will change the score. Assuming Ben doesn't play I say it will be 20-13 Ravens. The Ravens team and us fans circle these games every year.

I think the Ben (non)factor is overstated a bit. The Steelers defense is capable of winning them games. They're dinged up but so are we. I realize that Joe can beat Leftwich in a shootout but the Steelers D is better than ours at present (including the injuries). This will be a low scoring affair with plenty of FGs. Ravens 16-9

Steelers beat Ravens in a close one as usual. Something like Steelers 20 Ravens 17.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMB View Post
    Steelers beat Ravens in a close one as usual.
    Like last year?

Imo, Ben will not play. So i'm going 30-17 Ravens baby. I think the Ravens are getting hot. Yeah the road worries, the D, but i really feel we are getting hot. And with Ben out for this game, o baby it's about to get hot in Pitt.thank you, lol, but in Three weeks, we can get the north wrapped up. Sweep shitsburgh, 5-0 in north, done deal!
    Imo the D will showcase another Rack of battled balls, which is Tasty. And Flacco does take care of the ball against a very good D. We can stop pitts run game. It's hurting, and We will sweep them again!! The time is now to win a superbowl, yup i said it, Beating the sqeelers is a must to get there.
    I love this week!! finally get to sleep peacefully when the Ravens whip that ass. PURPLE PRIDE

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I could care less about Ben. What concerns me is that defense, even with Troy and Clark out.
    Their other S Will Allen is dinged up as well, they will have to play deep and expose the middle of the feild and intermediate routes for the TE's, Boldin and Smith. This should also help the run game. If they play close Ravens will bomb away to Smith and Jones. Losing Clark is a killer.

Blog Entries

I think we're going to have to run the ball early on, to get Lebeau to start stacking the box, then take the shots down the middle exploiting the back up safeties with Pitta and Boldin. We need to start Jah Reid as he is the better run blocker than Williams, and Brett Kiesel as been playing well lately and needs to be neutralized on that right side of the line.

Blog Entries

I keep seing their "Defense" their "Defense". Over ratted look who they have played. Why are teams so scared to play the Steelers D. I've seen decent Offenses including the Ravens last year run up and down the field on them. If KC could catch and throw they would have put up 300+ with Charles dashing for over 100. The middle of their D is weak even with Clark and the Perm in there. Their stregth is at LB, so keep them guessing.

Ravens 24
    Steelers 16

Close game.

Reminder: We don't want [Tucker] to be facing the open end in the 4th quarter
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Ben is officially out so I can now make a more informed prediction.

Good chance for the Ravens steal one as long as they can run the ball and keep Flacco upright. Still going to be tough

Ravens 17
    Steelers 13

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I keep seing their "Defense" their "Defense". Over ratted look who they have played.
    This is a great point. The Steelers defense is on the field for a little over 25 minutes per game which leads the league (the Ravens conversely are on the field for 33 minutes). This is driven by their offenses 3rd down conversion which is tops in the league. This is where they will miss Ben the most. The Ravens must get them into 2nd and 3rd and long situations because if they can get them into more 3 and outs then they are used to then their defense is going to get exposed.

The Ravens should also run the ball. Believe it or not the Steelers are ranked 6th against the run (ypg)and the Ravens 26th but the Ravens are at 3.9ypg and the Steelers are at 4.0. While that's virtually no difference what it means is that the Ravens can have some success running the ball which can drive deep shots or throws down the seams off of play action.

The game plan is pretty simple. Stop the run at all costs to set-up unfavorable situations for the Steelers. Send the house after the immobile Lefty to get sacks/force turnovers. He may make a play or two but it won't cover for the multiple 3 and outs and turnovers that he's going to make. When that happens the offense has to put points on the board every time preferably TD's but 3 will do.

To stop the run I would let Suggs make the line adjustments as he sees fit (like he did in the Raiders game) and run blitz with Ellerbe. I would also take the legs out from Redman because he does not go down with the first hit or multiple hits to the upper body. He continues to drive his legs which help him to gain those additional 3 yards that turn a 2nd and 8 to a 2nd and 5.

That can't happen.