Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Re: Big Ben

One minute I am hearing "Just a shoulder sprain" (which IMO is still a big deal since it's his throwing arm), the next that he's in a great deal of pain still and is having a second MRI done today.

It's sounding more like he's out for at least a couple of weeks, maybe more. But, as you all know, the wind is blowing back and forth right now on the issue. A bit of information/disinformation, not to mention sensationalism going around. But, adding all of what we are being told up, it doesn't look like he's suiting up sunday night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    One minute I am hearing "Just a shoulder sprain" (which IMO is still a big deal since it's his throwing arm), the next that he's in a great deal of pain still and is having a second MRI done today.

It's sounding more like he's out for at least a couple of weeks, maybe more. But, as you all know, the wind is blowing back and forth right now on the issue. A bit of information/disinformation, not to mention sensationalism going around. But, adding all of what we are being told up, it doesn't look like he's suiting up sunday night.
    His not coming back in the second half and a visit to the hospital is all I need to know. If he plays, his career might end Sunday. If he doesn't their playoff hopes might end for this year.

Either way it is a win for the Ravens in terms of making the playoffs but a legitimate blow to the NFL not to have one of its fiercest competitors on the field for a day or a career.

I'd rather see 100% of the Raven's healthy and 100% of the Steelers healthy for any game. It is the best football in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    If he plays, his career might end Sunday.
    Hey, this made me wonder... If he gets hit on the field and his lose clavicle comes out of his ear... And P. Manning takes a sack and dislocates his cervical vert. and Tom Brady bleeds out through his vagina.... Does Joe Flacco become Elite by default?
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 11-13-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Hey, this made me wonder... If he gets hit on the field and his lose clavicle comes out of his ear... And P. Manning takes a sack and dislocates his cervical vert. and Tom Brady bleeds out through his vagina.... Does Joe Flacco become Elite by default?
    Only if he grows his uni-brow back.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Only if he grows his uni-brow back.
    I have noticed this. I think he has slightly begun to shave the middle.

Speaking of Flacco facial hair, BRING BACK THE FU MANCHU!!!
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Since Joe's big NFL payday when he was drafted, I believe he has hired a fashion consultant. His hair and brow line look much better. He just needs to talk with the NFL about reshooting his NFL photo. They may charge him a $5 feel for the re-shoot. He can get in line behind Jay Cutler.

Post of the Month, for all my internet travels!
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

Not while Matty Ice still breathes.

This will be interesting. I don't know much about the type of injury in question, but there seems to be uncertainty about the severity. Just a few thoughts that cross my mind:

Although Ben has a bit of the drama-queen history, he also has a history of playing hurt. I don't question his toughness. If it's actually a severe injury, that's one thing. But if it's borderline, he'll probably play.

Sometimes the Steelers have played Ben when it might not have been in their best interest. Case in point was last year, when he played hurt week 17 in Cleveland. My guess as to the reasoning was that Pittsburgh hoped that a win over the Browns would win the division ...IF the Ravens lost against Cincy. Since the Ravens didn't lose, it was a moot point and the Steelers would've been a wild card regardless of their outcome vs the Browns. By playing Ben, they likely aggravated his injury and it was clear he wasn't nearly at 100% the next week at Denver. I still believe that was a factor in their wild card loss to Tebow. Did Ben lobby Tomlin to play in Cleveland, and persuade his coach? Or was that purely Tomlin's decision based on objective medical advice?

So again, depending on the severity of the present injury, how much will the Steelers ...and/or Ben himself ...want to push things over the next couple of weeks? In the back of their minds they must realize that 10-6 would almost certainly snag a wild card spot in this year's AFC. So even if they lose a couple of games in the short term, it's hardly an end to their season. The last part of their schedule isn't that hard.

Finally it's worth noting that they are capable of beating other teams ... even the Ravens (if we have one of our Mr. Hyde performances) ...without Ben, though it's much less likely.

We may have to wait for further updates on the injury, but this could be an interesting strategic decision coming up by Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 11-13-2012 at 04:06 PM.

He's probably already practicing.

Left-handed.

Just in case.

Regardless, Ben would not have played a snap on the defensive side of the ball even when healthy. The Ravens will have to beat the #1 Ranked Defense. If they put up a showing like they did on the road in KC... 1 PIT TD and 1 PIT FG will win the game.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have officially confirmed that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has a COMPLETE tear of his right labia! ~ Tweet from @Pangwin
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller