Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 203

Thread: Big Ben

  1. #91

    Re: Big Ben



    Ben is tough. And dramatic. He'll play, throw five TDs and help his wife give birth at midfield during halftime.




  2. #92

    Re: Big Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by ccoolahan14 View Post
    The Steelers could have a corpse at quarterback and they could still win a Super Bowl. Their games are rigged. I’ve been saying it for years, and every year is more proof. People realize that last time Roethlisberger got hurt, Charlie Batch went undefeated with the exception of the Ravens game, and the Ravens needed a last second Flacco TD pass to win. Oh yeah, and IN BALTIMORE the Ravens needed OVERTIME to beat the Steelers with Dennis Dixon (out of the league) at quarterback (the Ravens have won 15 straight home games!) . Roethlisberger is irrelevant, if the refs are there, the Steelers will be fine. They will probably just need him in the playoffs if they are to play the patriots, otherwise it doesn't matter.
    smh...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,454
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Big Ben

    Look, Ben is going to be out. Bank on it. If I am wrong, then trotting his beat up ass on to the field is a recipe to end his career. I hate the Steelers but I think Ben, drama aside is one of the toughest S.O.B.'s on the planet. I would hate to see him come back only to suffer additional trauma. He should be shelved for the sake of his career as well as the next few years of the organization.

    What must happen is the Raven's must look hard at the little bit of tape on Leftwich and this new offense. I am not up on all the nuances of Haley's short passing attack, but it would seem that without great accuracy, Byron may be very susceptible to the blitz, in specific Pollard. I would play a lot of man, and cheat the safetys and make Byron beat us. Don't let them motherfuckers run an inch.




  4. #94

    Re: Big Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Look, Ben is going to be out. Bank on it. If I am wrong, then trotting his beat up ass on to the field is a recipe to end his career. I hate the Steelers but I think Ben, drama aside is one of the toughest S.O.B.'s on the planet. I would hate to see him come back only to suffer additional trauma. He should be shelved for the sake of his career as well as the next few years of the organization.

    What must happen is the Raven's must look hard at the little bit of tape on Leftwich and this new offense. I am not up on all the nuances of Haley's short passing attack, but it would seem that without great accuracy, Byron may be very susceptible to the blitz, in specific Pollard. I would play a lot of man, and cheat the safetys and make Byron beat us. Don't let them motherfuckers run an inch.




  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,126
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Big Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    He should be shelved for the sake of his career as well as the next few years of the organization.
    Agreed. They aren't dumb enough to bring Big Jen out. One big legal hit by Suggs or Ngata could do some serious damage to his shoulder with it already being sprained.




  6. #96

    Re: Big Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Agreed. They aren't dumb enough to bring Big Jen out. One big legal hit by Suggs or Ngata could do some serious damage to his shoulder with it already being sprained.
    Besides, an SC joint subluxation, with the Clavicle protruding (medially, i.e. towards the inside of the body and throat and lungs could be dangerous if another big hit is sustained.) I don't know what his joint is doing.. but returning with any weakened joint would be bad.




  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Big Ben

    One minute I am hearing "Just a shoulder sprain" (which IMO is still a big deal since it's his throwing arm), the next that he's in a great deal of pain still and is having a second MRI done today.

    It's sounding more like he's out for at least a couple of weeks, maybe more. But, as you all know, the wind is blowing back and forth right now on the issue. A bit of information/disinformation, not to mention sensationalism going around. But, adding all of what we are being told up, it doesn't look like he's suiting up sunday night.




  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,454
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Big Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    One minute I am hearing "Just a shoulder sprain" (which IMO is still a big deal since it's his throwing arm), the next that he's in a great deal of pain still and is having a second MRI done today.

    It's sounding more like he's out for at least a couple of weeks, maybe more. But, as you all know, the wind is blowing back and forth right now on the issue. A bit of information/disinformation, not to mention sensationalism going around. But, adding all of what we are being told up, it doesn't look like he's suiting up sunday night.
    His not coming back in the second half and a visit to the hospital is all I need to know. If he plays, his career might end Sunday. If he doesn't their playoff hopes might end for this year.

    Either way it is a win for the Ravens in terms of making the playoffs but a legitimate blow to the NFL not to have one of its fiercest competitors on the field for a day or a career.

    I'd rather see 100% of the Raven's healthy and 100% of the Steelers healthy for any game. It is the best football in the world.




  9. #99

    Re: Big Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    If he plays, his career might end Sunday.
    Hey, this made me wonder... If he gets hit on the field and his lose clavicle comes out of his ear... And P. Manning takes a sack and dislocates his cervical vert. and Tom Brady bleeds out through his vagina.... Does Joe Flacco become Elite by default?
    Last edited by RedSkins Fury; 11-13-2012 at 03:36 PM.




  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,454
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Big Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Hey, this made me wonder... If he gets hit on the field and his lose clavicle comes out of his ear... And P. Manning takes a sack and dislocates his cervical vert. and Tom Brady bleeds out through his vagina.... Does Joe Flacco become Elite by default?
    Only if he grows his uni-brow back.




  11. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: Big Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Only if he grows his uni-brow back.
    I have noticed this. I think he has slightly begun to shave the middle.

    Speaking of Flacco facial hair, BRING BACK THE FU MANCHU!!!




  12. #102

    Re: Big Ben

    Since Joe's big NFL payday when he was drafted, I believe he has hired a fashion consultant. His hair and brow line look much better. He just needs to talk with the NFL about reshooting his NFL photo. They may charge him a $5 feel for the re-shoot. He can get in line behind Jay Cutler.




  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    205

    Re: Big Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Hey, this made me wonder... If he gets hit on the field and his lose clavicle comes out of his ear... And P. Manning takes a sack and dislocates his cervical vert. and Tom Brady bleeds out through his vagina.... Does Joe Flacco become Elite by default?
    Post of the Month, for all my internet travels!
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca




  14. #104

    Re: Big Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Hey, this made me wonder... If he gets hit on the field and his lose clavicle comes out of his ear... And P. Manning takes a sack and dislocates his cervical vert. and Tom Brady bleeds out through his vagina.... Does Joe Flacco become Elite by default?
    Not while Matty Ice still breathes.




  15. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Big Ben

    This will be interesting. I don't know much about the type of injury in question, but there seems to be uncertainty about the severity. Just a few thoughts that cross my mind:

    Although Ben has a bit of the drama-queen history, he also has a history of playing hurt. I don't question his toughness. If it's actually a severe injury, that's one thing. But if it's borderline, he'll probably play.

    Sometimes the Steelers have played Ben when it might not have been in their best interest. Case in point was last year, when he played hurt week 17 in Cleveland. My guess as to the reasoning was that Pittsburgh hoped that a win over the Browns would win the division ...IF the Ravens lost against Cincy. Since the Ravens didn't lose, it was a moot point and the Steelers would've been a wild card regardless of their outcome vs the Browns. By playing Ben, they likely aggravated his injury and it was clear he wasn't nearly at 100% the next week at Denver. I still believe that was a factor in their wild card loss to Tebow. Did Ben lobby Tomlin to play in Cleveland, and persuade his coach? Or was that purely Tomlin's decision based on objective medical advice?

    So again, depending on the severity of the present injury, how much will the Steelers ...and/or Ben himself ...want to push things over the next couple of weeks? In the back of their minds they must realize that 10-6 would almost certainly snag a wild card spot in this year's AFC. So even if they lose a couple of games in the short term, it's hardly an end to their season. The last part of their schedule isn't that hard.

    Finally it's worth noting that they are capable of beating other teams ... even the Ravens (if we have one of our Mr. Hyde performances) ...without Ben, though it's much less likely.

    We may have to wait for further updates on the injury, but this could be an interesting strategic decision coming up by Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 11-13-2012 at 04:06 PM.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland