Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Re: Big Ben

He'll probably play, but he obviously was hurt bad enough to leave the game and go to the hospital, so how effective he might be would remain to be seen.

Even if he doesn't play, a win isn't some guarantee. They have played us tough without him, despite us winning those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Mark my words if Ben doesn't play Sunday...if they lose, it's because they were having to play us with their 2nd string QB. If they win, they beat us with their 2nd string QB no less. I can hear it now...Steeler fans are so predictable.
    Well... technically, that would be the truth.. lol.

Blog Entries

I honestly don't understand the narrow minded comments from people that are so sure that he will play. Yes, there is no question that Jen has had a history of bigging up his injuries, and coming back trying to look tough when it really hasn't been all that serious, but there has also been many times when he has legitimately missed games, especially games the week straight after the game, he missed a few games last year because of the ankle sprain, it's not like he played in all of them. I know people want to assume he'll play because it's the Ravens in prime time, but honestly, a sprained shoulder is a sprained shoulder, not even an idiot would play with a sprained shoulder. Ed Dickson sprained his shoulder and missed the full pre season, and that was only said to be minor (grade 1), nobody even knows what the grade is right now.

There is of course the possibility that it really is't that serious, but by the looks of it, he did fall on his shoulder in an awkward position and it was enough to cause him so sit out for the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Even if he doesn't play, a win isn't some guarantee. They have played us tough without him, despite us winning those games.
    Yeah, we've been made Leftwich's bitch on more than one occasion in his illustrious "Boller Beating" career... They still have speed at WR, and a decent Running game. KC did a good job shutting their WRs down on a slow field. But, if Wallace is running free, it doesn't matter who the QB is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Yeah, we've been made Leftwich's bitch on more than one occasion in his illustrious "Boller Beating" career... They still have speed at WR, and a decent Running game. KC did a good job shutting their WRs down on a slow field. But, if Wallace is running free, it doesn't matter who the QB is.
    So now your saying that the Steelers are going to beat us with Leftwich starting? Are you a redskins fan or something... damn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I honestly don't understand the narrow minded comments from people that are so sure that he will play. Yes, there is no question that Jen has had a history of bigging up his injuries, and coming back trying to look tough when it really hasn't been all that serious, but there has also been many times when he has legitimately missed games, especially games the week straight after the game, he missed a few games last year because of the ankle sprain, it's not like he played in all of them. I know people want to assume he'll play because it's the Ravens in prime time, but honestly, a sprained shoulder is a sprained shoulder, not even an idiot would play with a sprained shoulder. Ed Dickson sprained his shoulder and missed the full pre season, and that was only said to be minor (grade 1), nobody even knows what the grade is right now.

There is of course the possibility that it really is't that serious, but by the looks of it, he did fall on his shoulder in an awkward position and it was enough to cause him so sit out for the rest of the game.
    I agree. The game wasn't in hand yet and if it were not a very serious injury he'd still have been out there playing. Obviously he felt that he couldn't throw the ball or had a major lack of mobility in his throwing shoulder.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

As much as I like to agree he is a drama queen with injuries, I agree with ^LB. He is really hurt. I saw the injury. You don't get sent to the hospital if it wasn't serious. They are sweating in Pittsburgh beyond just playing us. This could hose their entire season.

Personally, I'd like to see him, Ray, Lardarius all on the field. But that's the way it goes.

I don't know that you change the game plan at all regardless of who is in the QB, so I don't think this effects the Raven's game plan. If anything, his absence makes it easier, cut and dry, end of story.

No matter if Ben is in or out, the Ravens offense still has to go against a Steelers defense that is playing way better than the Ravens defense. The Ravens offense is terrible on the road. Could be one of those field goal battles.

Ben is a drama queen, but he is also very tough... He feeds on the attention. No doubt about it. We can't say anything based on what we officially know. A sprain can mean any number of things.... A Separation of the AC joint is specific. Grade 1,2, or 3 each mean something different. Grade 1 one could mean as little as he could work it out all week and take some ibuprofen before the game. Grade 2 means he could miss a week, and play it by ear.... Grade 3 means potential surgery.

Grade 2 and 3 are mechanical/structural changes in the joint. That means inflammation, severe pain, and weakness. There are certain movements that are fine and don't cause much pain with even a grade 2 separation... Throwing motion is not one of them. Add the weight of a football and you have trouble. And then there are risks of more injury from impacts.... This means if he has a grade 2 or 3 he will sit this week and probably more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Hell be out there with a bright colored sleeve or different set of shoulder pads or something ridiculous to draw attention to his injury and how "tough" he is. Until he doesnt play ill just assume hes milking the publicity. Hes an ass and quite frankly they looked like shit when he was playing, so who cares if he does play. The Steelers are very beatable regardless.
    Yup - at least 75 % of the pregame will be dedicated to reviewing his past 'injuries' and how he is near immortal. He'll play, now he has an excuse if he plays poorly

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    So now your saying that the Steelers are going to beat us with Leftwich starting? Are you a redskins fan or something... damn.
    No, First off I was joking a little about Leftwitch... But I'm also saying it's not a gimme either. Is that so wrong?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    No matter if Ben is in or out, the Ravens offense still has to go against a Steelers defense that is playing way better than the Ravens defense. The Ravens offense is terrible on the road. Could be one of those field goal battles.
    I don't think they are terrible, they are 2-2 on the road, and have played terrible in patches, but have still won 2 games on the road, terrible would be 0-4 or 1-3. Our running game has been pretty good on the road, and our offense has came up when we needed them to, like in the Browns game. I think it's fair to say that our offense is incredibly inconsistent on the road, but terrible is too harsh.

I think if Jen sits this one out, the stillers defense will stop our offense for the first few phases of the game, but Leftwich isn't going to move the chains consistently enough, and their defense is going to be on the field for long periods of time. Jen managed to mask the Olines woes in pass pro, but Leftwich does not have that elusiveness in the pocket, and Suggs could have a field day with Mike Adams. The best bet is for the Steelers to run the ball 30 + times, but the Ravens haven't been all that bad against the run since the Cowboys game, so Isac Redman or Dwyer isn't going to be enough to win them the game with 9 men in the box without the presence of Roethlisberger.

I easily had this as a loss before the season, but with Jen out, I can see us winning this by a comfortable margin.