Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Blog Entries

Re: Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    As far as the rib goes... we always accociate a rib injury with the lower ribs on the side of our body... Maybe a separated rib or something, which is painful but minor as far as future health concerns. A broken rib can be somewhat dangerous as there is a risk of puncture of an organ like the lungs, etc. But there are ribs that lie under the clavicle (one on each side) They are called the cervical ribs and they are intimately related to the SC joint that Ben has torn. This "Rib joint" is called the costoclavicular joint (ligament). He could have injured this too, or any number of the sternocostal ribs (Ribs attached to the sternum). Anyhow the danger of a cervical rib injury is that it can compress/lacerate the Brachial Plexus. The Brachial plexus is the nerve network that gives off all of the arm nerves coming off of the spine. There are major potential vascular injuries as well (subclavian artery, axillary artery, etc).

I'm not saying that this is a cervical rib injury... but it's possible given the nature of the SC joint injury. If this is what he ha has going on, we may here it referred to as "thoracic outlet syndrome". If so, surgery could be inevitable.

This all conjecture on my part. Just putting 2 and 2 together. For all I know he jammed his elbow into his side and bruised a lower rib...
    Wow great info here. Thanks.

If Adam Schefter is reporting it, I tend to believe it more. Remember Schefter correctly reported about Suggs playing before anyone else. I think he has good sources.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Dude he's out, there are official reports everywhere.
    The Steelers official injury report is the only thing that matters and that won't come out until later today. All signs do indeed point to him not playing but there is nothing official yet.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The Steelers official injury report is the only thing that matters and that won't come out until later today. All signs do indeed point to him not playing but there is nothing official yet.
    Well it seems that some of those that where in denial about the injury, still wont just accept that he isn't bloody playing! I remember people were doubting Shefter's reports on Sizzle playing @ Houston, and were all wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/14/...art-vs-ravens/

It's official people Ben is out. Stop with the tinfoil conspiracy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    He's kidding but only slightly.

If you were able to watch Monday nights game you'd understand.
    Let's hope it's not the crew that was in Foxboro on Sunday. Those clowns threw 14 flags against the Bills for almost 150 yards. One of the flags was for PI in the end zone on a play where Brady purposely threw the ball out of the back of the end zone. The WR would have had to have been in the front row of the stands to make a catch, but the flag still counted even though the entire Bills team was trying to point out that the ball was overthrown out of bounds by 20 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    rare and dangerous, seriously? and the shoulder was 'strange'. wow
    Rare and strange in Ben's case.... because both injuries will actually keep him from playing.

..instead of limping around on the wrong foot with two different colored shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    rare and dangerous, seriously? and the shoulder was 'strange'. wow
    Undercooked with a touch of E Coli?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Wow great info here. Thanks.

If Adam Schefter is reporting it, I tend to believe it more. Remember Schefter correctly reported about Suggs playing before anyone else. I think he has good sources.
    Thanks. Well, like I said though... Lots of ifs and buts in there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Thanks. Well, like I said though... Lots of ifs and buts in there.
    Yeah, nobody really knows exactly what is going on now except for the Steelers. I'm sure more info will come out eventually.

The rib injury sounds like a fracture that they are worried might break more and cause internal damage.

We are going to see Ben for a while, it would seem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Dude he's out, there are official reports everywhere.
    Show me one. Just one. Not "so&so has reported", not "Leftwich will start"--one that says DEFINITIVELY that he's out. I'll wait.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/14/...art-vs-ravens/

It's official people Ben is out. Stop with the tinfoil conspiracy crap.
    It doesn't say that at all. Ngata "didn't start" against the Raiders but he could have gone in anytime after the first defensive snap. Ben could suit up & do exactly the same. Not that I expect him to play, but that blog doesn't say he won't. Try reading for comprehension instead of wishful thinking for once.