Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Re: Big Ben

For the most part I believe that Ben milks his injuries. I get it - he's tough. But there are a lot of other QB's in the league who, granted may not hold on to the ball as long, but play against the same teams and aren't constantly in the hospital - especially when you consider the Mannings, Favre, Rivers, and Flacco who have strung together hundreds of consecutive games between them.

This however, may keep him out. You can hobble around on a broken ankle as a QB but if your arm/shoulder is shot you're not going to be useful. On the other hand, the Steelers D is really humming right now - in the past 4 games they're averaging 228 yds. We can't get into those half hour slumps on offense.

Fun Fact: Suppose Ben is out for at least 3 weeks. If the Ravens win the next 3, and the Steelers lose the next 3 (dropping a game to the Browns) the Ravens clinch the division.

Living here, i could not get ANY smack talk today. I think the sqeelers are in trouble. Really sounds like ben will not play this game, but i'm guessing, he return in Baltimore. The vibe is dust off leftwich, and play the game. So imo, Flacco needs to look good on the road, which i think in pitt he will be up to par. Rank wise the sqeelers are #1. But flacco knows this team. I really liked a sweep from the beginning, and now i feel really good for that. WE get this one and get them in the BANK, AFC North Champs!!

Also with the battled balls last week( awesome D), With Leftwich slow loong Throws, we can be in for another treat in battled balls.

Blog Entries

A bit early to call for another sweep Bmore finest ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would expect him to miss a few weeks.
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Blog Entries

I think Ben misses both Ravens games. I don't see him coming back in 3 weeks or less.

Jay Glazer says Ben is out for Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ltimore-ravens

PFT is reporting that Pig Pen is out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lay-this-week/
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    Fun Fact: Suppose Ben is out for at least 3 weeks. If the Ravens win the next 3, and the Steelers lose the next 3 (dropping a game to the Browns) the Ravens clinch the division.
    That is a very fun fact. Sadly, two of those three games are on the road.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

9. Re: Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Jay Glazer says Ben is out for Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ltimore-ravens
    What Glazer didn't mention is that once Ben was ruled out, the Rooney's promptly contacted the NFL league office to lobby for the officiating for the upcoming game to be assigned to Bill Leavy's crew.

And if Leavy's crew is unavailable, the Stealers are willing to settle for Jeff Tripplette's.

Blog Entries

I'm still waiting for the official injury reports. This is more speculation. Only when he's listed as "Out" on the Steelers official injury report will I believe he isn't going to play, damn tough SOB.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Sounds like he isn't going to play in either Ravens game.

Blog Entries

ESPN is saying that the Steelers have announced he is OUT. It's gonna be Lefty