Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Blog Entries

Re: Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That doesnt sound good
    I would expect him to miss a few weeks.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Talk about a feel good story if i ever heard one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Tomlin noted in his presser today it was a Sprained SC joint:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/1...oulder-sprain/

It was the injury that took down Farve's streak:
    Check out #19 on this list:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...s&sportCat=nfl

And this:

http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/9629...ac-injury-.htm
    #19 on the list describes the injury. Your third link is not relevant, as it refers to an acromio-clavicular separation (at the other end of the clavicle.

I would certainly go with those who predict that Ben will not be playing on Sunday, and indeed for weeks after. If you injure the sterno-clavicular joint, just breathing hurts. Some people joke that Ben could try to throw left-handed. Just put your finger on your SC joint (where the clavicle meets the breastbone) and rotate either shoulder or move either arm in a throwing motion. The clavicle rotates in the joint. So try to imagine what it would be like if a ligament or two there were torn, and then add in a rib injury. That boy is hurting, folks. I'll be very surprised it we see him behind center for either of our games. Get ready for Lefty, and hope that our team will play well enough to win. As someone wrote earlier in the thread, this is an opportunity to go up by two in the division. After playing the Steelers in Pitt, then traveling across the country to play the Chargers and coming back home, there's absolutely no guarantee that we'll win our home game.

I'm that guy.

What does JFS think?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'm that guy.

What does JFS think?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I'd rather a 100% Leftwich than a 50% Roethlisberger; if he plays, make sure he isn't like he played in San Fran last year.

Are chances got pegged a bit, but we can still win without Ben. WILL we win without him if he plays is another story...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    That's what people are forgetting. It may be *better* for the Ravens if he insists on playing injured. I don't think he would be effective at all with a sprain on his throwing shoulder.
    One problem. Tomlin isn't an idiot. He will not play him if the injury is as bad as some of the discussions on this board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    One problem. Tomlin isn't an idiot. He will not play him if the injury is as bad as some of the discussions on this board.
    Why is it that Ravens fans respect Tomlin more than we do?! God, some of my fellow fans are so spoiled; he's a top 5 coach!

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Talk about a feel good story if i ever heard one.
    Classy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
    I'd rather a 100% Leftwich than a 50% Roethlisberger; if he plays, make sure he isn't like he played in San Fran last year.

Are chances got pegged a bit, but we can still win without Ben. WILL we win without him if he plays is another story...
    with a full week (almost) to prepare, Haley can put in a good gameplan for Lefty. Last night he just came in and did the old wind up and zip. There will be some of those bombs but they have time to expand the plays and give him a lot more options so it's not on his arm to win it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    with a full week (almost) to prepare, Haley can put in a good gameplan for Lefty. Last night he just came in and did the old wind up and zip. There will be some of those bombs but they have time to expand the plays and give him a lot more options so it's not on his arm to win it.
    Last go-around we let Flacco torch us. Torrey Smith *who I have HUGE respect for* killed us. That's my #1 concern. Hopefully Allen, Ike and a bruised Clark can help. QB is #2; gotta have a good D before having a good O in these games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
    Last go-around we let Flacco torch us. Torrey Smith *who I have HUGE respect for* killed us. That's my #1 concern. Hopefully Allen, Ike and a bruised Clark can help. QB is #2; gotta have a good D before having a good O in these games.
    Clark may not even be able to play this weekend either. The NFL is very careful with how they handle concussions.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.