Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 151617

Thread: Big Ben

Blog Entries

Re: Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    It's rare that i do this, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that he is done for the year...
    let me guess, and then they'll go 8-8? might want to stop with the predictions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    hahahaha :word

10-6 or 9-7 is a likely record for the Steelers, with a WC place.

The definition of "insanity" is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. As far as I can see it fits you perfectly.

I'm flattered that you find me so compelling that you follow me everywhere. People are going to think you have a crush on me. If you leave your email address I'll send you some photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    The definition of "insanity" is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. As far as I can see it fits you perfectly.

I'm flattered that you find me so compelling that you follow me everywhere. People are going to think you have a crush on me. If you leave your email address I'll send you some photos.
    Don't think he was talking to you, he was replying to redskinfury because of a thread he started a while back predicting us to go 8-8 lol.... :insane:

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    They can make the playoffs if they want, but I don't see who they are going to beat without him. They've already lost to Denver and if they are a wild card, they'd have to go there to play. That means that Clark won't play and, if Polamalu can't get healthy, they would have to face Peyton without both of their starting safeties. Are they going to go to Houston and beat the Texans? They might be able to keep it close with New England, because their defense is still having issues. However, a win there seems unlikely as well.
    I think you're missing my point. My post was simply cautioning everyone here not to write off the steelers. I'm getting that feeling that everyone thinks the steelers are done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'm going with at least a month. No.. make it 3 weeks.
    I too think it is going to be a while.

If the reporting/interview is even remotely accurate it sounds like he has dislocated ribs, but the ribs that are dislocated are right beside his aorta, which if handled improperly could compress the aorta and kill him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...entially-fatal

I am not linking this because of bleacher report, but in there they quote Ed Bouchette from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 11-14-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I think you're missing my point. My post was simply cautioning everyone here not to write off the steelers. I'm getting that feeling that everyone thinks the steelers are done.
    I don't think that's the current perception around here actually, I've only seen a few posts around here saying that. Most posts I've seen are still realistic about the Steelers play off chances, I for one still think they are a contender, especially if Jen comes back sooner rather than later.

I will say this though, if Jen is done, I am struggling to find how the Steelers will even get past the WC round with Leftwich at QB. It's all very well managing the game and winning games in the regular season against average teams, but the whole atmosphere changes when it comes to the play offs, and you need a QB who can do more than just manage the offense so to speak, and even that's a stretch with Leftwich playing QB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't think that's the current perception around here actually, I've only seen a few posts around here saying that. Most posts I've seen are still realistic about the Steelers play off chances, I for one still think they are a contender, especially if Jen comes back sooner rather than later.

I will say this though, if Jen is done, I am struggling to find how the Steelers will even get past the WC round with Leftwich at QB. It's all very well managing the game and winning games in the regular season against average teams, but the whole atmosphere changes when it comes to the play offs, and you need a QB who can do more than just manage the offense so to speak, and even that's a stretch with Leftwich playing QB.
    Agreed I'm not writing off the steelers but they have an uphill battle for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    ESPN's Bob Holtzman reported on NFL Live Wednesday that doctors have advised Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder, ribs) to not return until his partially dislocated rib is completely healed, and "that could take up to six weeks.
    4-6 weeks is pretty standard for rib injuries, but with this one they may take a little more time given the implications if he takes the wrong type of hit.

At 6 weeks, that puts the Steelers with really only 1 or 2 more games left in the season. If they were smart, they'd hold him out for 4-5 weeks for sure, see where the team is at, and if they don't have a shot at making the playoffs then they shut him down for the year.

The thing that sucks about rib injuries is there really isn't much you can do except rest, ice, and try to keep the level of impact and motion to a minimum. He won't be able to lift, job, elliptical, bike, or anything for a while.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    4-6 weeks is pretty standard for rib injuries, but with this one they may take a little more time given the implications if he takes the wrong type of hit.

At 6 weeks, that puts the Steelers with really only 1 or 2 more games left in the season. If they were smart, they'd hold him out for 4-5 weeks for sure, see where the team is at, and if they don't have a shot at making the playoffs then they shut him down for the year.

The thing that sucks about rib injuries is there really isn't much you can do except rest, ice, and try to keep the level of impact and motion to a minimum. He won't be able to lift, job, elliptical, bike, or anything for a while.
    If what they've been saying is 100 % true, I find it hard believing the Jen will be back for the rest of the season, it is a life threatening injury, and one big hit could potentially kill him.

It depends on how much dramatization there is involved here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Send donuts.