Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Blog Entries

Re: Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    It doesn't say that at all. Ngata "didn't start" against the Raiders but he could have gone in anytime after the first defensive snap. Ben could suit up & do exactly the same. Not that I expect him to play, but that blog doesn't say he won't. Try reading for comprehension instead of wishful thinking for once.
    Try common sense. Every news outlet in the world is reporting that Ben won't play. Take off your tinfoil hat.

It doesn't say that at all. Ngata "didn't start" against the Raiders but he could have gone in anytime after the first defensive snap. Ben could suit up & do exactly the same. Not that I expect him to play, but that blog doesn't say he won't. Try reading for comprehension instead of wishful thinking for once.
    He has a fractured rib with the potential to puncture his lung - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...roethlisberger

When the official injury report actually does come out, he's going to be listed as OUT.

It's going to take a few weeks minimum before he is cleared to play I would think.

Blog Entries

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...s-report-says/

Updated at 10 a.m. with Steelers announcing Roethlisberger is out

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger said he does not believe his rib injury is season ending but he is unsure when he'll play again.

Ben Roethlisberger identified the rare and dangerous rib injury: a dislocated first rib that could have pressed against his aorta.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Big Ben tells reporters his rib injury is rare, could cause pressure on his aorta. No definite timetable on his return

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger said he does not believe his rib injury is season ending but he is unsure when he'll play again.

Ben Roethlisberger identified the rare and dangerous rib injury: a dislocated first rib that could have pressed against his aorta.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Big Ben tells reporters his rib injury is rare, could cause pressure on his aorta. No definite timetable on his return
    Well goddamn... Not to pat myself on the back but I called that shit. I had uploaded this earlier, but I deleted because I was starting to blather on about something that may not even be related... but since it is. Here it is: I illustrated this years ago to show major vasculature of the shoulder and arm. You can see the bone anatomy and its relation to the major vessels.

So basically Ben has a dislocation where the clavicle meets the sternum AND where the cervical rib meets the sternum.

shoulder_no_text.jpg

As I said in the other thread this rib injury plus the shoulder injury could end his season IMO.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...injury-662035/

"That's the more scary part because I guess if it goes in the wrong direction it could puncture the aorta," Roethlisberger told a large group of media gathered around him in the Steelers locker room at their Southside training facility.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...s-report-says/

Updated at 10 a.m. with Steelers announcing Roethlisberger is out
    Nice try, but no cigar, Sparky. Not one word in that report (other than the headline, which is not official) says anything about him being "out," only that Leftwich is starting. Probably based on the same blog entry that I've already pointed out stops short of saying he's not playing.

If Schefter's report about the cervical rib is true (& I'm not betting against him) I have no idea why the Steelers haven't simply, clearly, & unambiguously ruled him out for Sunday. But they haven't, they're just talking around the issue. (NB still no Week 11 injury report on steelers.com.)

I bet some of you will be waiting for Ben to play(in Sunday night's game) come Monday, and still denying that he's out....

Nice try, but no cigar, Sparky. Not one word in that report (other than the headline, which is not official) says anything about him being "out," only that Leftwich is starting. Probably based on the same blog entry that I've already pointed out stops short of saying he's not playing.

If Schefter's report about the cervical rib is true (& I'm not betting against him) I have no idea why the Steelers haven't simply, clearly, & unambiguously ruled him out for Sunday. But they haven't, they're just talking around the issue. (NB still no Week 11 injury report on steelers.com.)
    Per NFL.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't taking any chances. Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reports that Ben Roethlisberger will sit out Sunday night's game against the Baltimore Ravens, and Byron Leftwich will start at quarterback.

The Steelers' official website also has reported that Roethlisberger will not play against the Ravens.

You are actually being quoted on Steeler's forums for this stuff. Please....stop

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Per NFL.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't taking any chances. Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reports that Ben Roethlisberger will sit out Sunday night's game against the Baltimore Ravens, and Byron Leftwich will start at quarterback.

The Steelers' official website also has reported that Roethlisberger will not play against the Ravens.
    For some cocaine is a powerful drug, if not coke, put gown the crack pipe, crack is wack. Bet this person still does not agree to this statement.

Blog Entries

Except Tomlin said he's out in the phone conference with Baltimore media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk