Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Blog Entries

Re: Big Ben

I knew he wasn't going to be playing, the doubt about his actual injuries were silly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I knew he wasn't going to be playing, the doubt about his actual injuries were silly.
    he's such a drama queen that he brings out the skeptic thinking. and I still say they'll spend 75% of the pregame going through his past injuries and showing that stupid body chart with circles all over him. winning this game would be huge for the Ravens and would give Pitt another AFC loss. Losing to TN and Oakland is going to come back to bite them if the Ravens can get just one of the two head to head

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    What Glazer didn't mention is that once Ben was ruled out, the Rooney's promptly contacted the NFL league office to lobby for the officiating for the upcoming game to be assigned to Bill Leavy's crew.

And if Leavy's crew is unavailable, the Stealers are willing to settle for Jeff Tripplette's.
    Where did you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Where did you read that?
    He's kidding but only slightly.

If you were able to watch Monday nights game you'd understand.

Need some clarification.

If a player is ruled out can he then be reinstated to doubtful or better?

Blog Entries

Adam Schefter reporting that the team has officially ruled him out and their goal is to get him healthy enough to play the second game. I believe they play the Browns in between and keep in mind the Browns always play Pitt tough

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

While focus is on Ben Roethlisberger's shoulder, greater concern is his injured rib. Roethlisberger's rib injury is rare and dangerous.
    Expand

Lawd Jesus, it doesn't end. Rare and dangerous rib injury per Schefter....

Per Schefter, the rib injury is regarded as both “rare and dangerous.”

Blog Entries

rare and dangerous, seriously? and the shoulder was 'strange'. wow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    ESPN is saying that the Steelers have announced he is OUT. It's gonna be Lefty
    In fact, steelers.com reports that Leftwich "will start, replacing the injured Ben Roethlisberger." Which means only that Lefty will be the QB on their first offensive play from scrimmage--no less, no more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm still waiting for the official injury reports. This is more speculation. Only when he's listed as "Out" on the Steelers official injury report will I believe he isn't going to play, damn tough SOB.
    This^^^. When the team or the league OFFICIALLY report him as "out" I'll believe it--not a second before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    In fact, steelers.com reports that Leftwich "will start, replacing the injured Ben Roethlisberger." Which means only that Lefty will be the QB on their first offensive play from scrimmage--no less, no more.This^^^. When the team or the league OFFICIALLY report him as "out" I'll believe it--not a second before.
    Dude he's out, there are official reports everywhere.

As far as the rib goes... we always accociate a rib injury with the lower ribs on the side of our body... Maybe a separated rib or something, which is painful but minor as far as future health concerns. A broken rib can be somewhat dangerous as there is a risk of puncture of an organ like the lungs, etc. But there are ribs that lie under the clavicle (one on each side) They are called the cervical ribs and they are intimately related to the SC joint that Ben has torn. This "Rib joint" is called the costoclavicular joint (ligament). He could have injured this too, or any number of the sternocostal ribs (Ribs attached to the sternum). Anyhow the danger of a cervical rib injury is that it can compress/lacerate the Brachial Plexus. The Brachial plexus is the nerve network that gives off all of the arm nerves coming off of the spine. There are major potential vascular injuries as well (subclavian artery, axillary artery, etc).

I'm not saying that this is a cervical rib injury... but it's possible given the nature of the SC joint injury. If this is what he ha has going on, we may here it referred to as "thoracic outlet syndrome". If so, surgery could be inevitable.

This all conjecture on my part. Just putting 2 and 2 together. For all I know he jammed his elbow into his side and bruised a lower rib...
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 11-14-2012 at 12:16 PM.