Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Blog Entries

Re: Big Ben

Who cares if the 'fans' want to make excuses. They're not the ones on the field and the win counts the same. I'm sure Stooler fans will have no problem gloating about a win with Ray Ray and Webb out. Or if Suggs wasn't back yet, or if Flacco was out.

He will play and we'll have to spend all night listening to Chris Collinsworth talk about how tough Ben is. It will be especially annoying when he escapes from a sure sack and throws a laser down the field for a late TD to seal the win. He'll then add insult to injury by grabbing his shoulder after the TD toss as if it really hurt him.

Blog Entries

watching espn and they're showing the play over and over. it just looks like a routine play to me, his elbow hits first and his shoulder really doesnt even hit. just saying it doesn't look like his shoulder was driven into the ground.

anyway they are saying that he is likely out a while but let's wait until this afternoon until the team confirms the MRI.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    watching espn and they're showing the play over and over. it just looks like a routine play to me, his elbow hits first and his shoulder really doesnt even hit. just saying it doesn't look like his shoulder was driven into the ground.

anyway they are saying that he is likely out a while but let's wait until this afternoon until the team confirms the MRI.
    Hard to describe but that's typically how shoulder's separate. Take a look at this and imagine how he fell and you could see why it could be a separated shoulder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Injuries with Ben are always reported much worse than they actually are. If he can walk he's going to play and if he can play he's going to make some plays.
    Exactly, he is a drama queen . He loves the attention. I'll believe he wont play until he's inactive on game day. I take the approach with Jen that I warn bengal and steeler fans to take with Reed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    This is going to be a long week....
    It won't matter. I think its pretty safe to assume that Harbaugh doesn't pay the injury report any mind at all. The Ravens will prepare for Jen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    He'll probably play, but he obviously was hurt bad enough to leave the game and go to the hospital, so how effective he might be would remain to be seen.

Even if he doesn't play, a win isn't some guarantee. They have played us tough without him, despite us winning those games.
    There was a different spectrum then though. Back then they had the defense to dominate our offense, which frankly wasnt very good. Their defense is limping right now to. And as bad as Flacco has been on the road, he's found a comfort at Heinz field the last few years. This years Steelers team isnt as strong as years past, where they could win without him. I really think he's carrying them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Hard to describe but that's typically how shoulder's separate. Take a look at this and imagine how he fell and you could see why it could be a separated shoulder.

That's a pretty bad illustration. But by jamming the elbow vertically, pushes the head of the humerus and acromion separating it from the clavicle and tearing those ligaments.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Injuries with Ben are always reported much worse than they actually are. If he can walk he's going to play and if he can play he's going to make some plays.
    :word

I agree. I still say he ends up playing.

I'll believe he's truly out when that final Injury Report on Saturday says "Out" next to his name. Or, when he's not in uniform on Sunday night, if the Steelers want to play games up until the last minute and try and make the Ravens think that he might play.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    This is going to be a long week....
    :word
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 11-13-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

I completely tore my AC ligament and it was a solid 4-5 weeks before I really was able to regain full motion. Even that full motion still hurt a fair amount. I couldn't imagine having to take a hit and/or throw something with that injury. Even the AC tear doesn't necessarily require surgery either. If it's a full tear, then he could be out for the rest of the season. The only reason I say that is because there are only about 7 weeks left in the season and even if he does come back before the end of the season, his shoulder won't be 100% and his throwing motion will suffer because of it. Especially in the cold.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.