Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Blog Entries

Re: Big Ben

According to Mike Tomlin, Benny Boy has a Sternoclavicular sprain and is "Questionable"

Now, if you do some digging into this. Brett Favre sustained a Sternoclavicular sprain against the Bills in 2010. He missed the next game against the Giants, which broke his active game streak. But, he was back the week after, at which point he got a concussion and never played in the NFL again.

I found an article here: http://www.oa-performancetraining.co...ett-favre.html, which is mentioning that at the time, there was potential treatment that had a chance of enabling Favre to play vs the Giants. But apparently, he didn't respond well.

So, the take away? 1 - It's Ben Roethlisberger, so I'd say Questionable is about right. Guy has played through things that boggle the mind. 2 - Most likely, he'll need to miss at least the first game. 3 - It is very possible that he misses 1-2 games and is back for the 2nd game vs Baltimore.

Either that, or Tomlin is trying to throw some misdirection to mask a worse injury.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    How is that crying Wolf? High ankle sprains, broken noses, broken feet, etc. How is that evidence? Evidence of injury, and playing through them. If he sits out, due to a documented injury, guess what - he would be a labeled a "wimp." Granted, he has played when it surely was not prudent, but do you know what? His loyalty and dedication cannot be question. I want real evidence, not an attempt at wit.

I have never heard him proclaim his injuries. They appear on injury reports, just like any other player. He just happens to be hurt more. And he is a key player, so of course much will be made over his injury. If Batch separates his shoulder nobody on planet earth would know!
    I would like to say that Ben R. is a tough QB and frankly, he is elite in my book. I dont like him mostly because he stands in the way of the Ravens winning the division. I dont like the steelers and he is the fuel that makes them go.

I think he will play on Sunday....gut feeling

Ed Werder reported today Ben was in so much pain that he is going back to get further MRI's and evaluations done, he also hurt his ribs as well. He wont be playing soon. Right Shoulder sprain is pretty bad, just a generic term depends on severity. You cant throw a football with accuracy and velocity with a shoulder sprain. If he does try even their will be pick 6's opportunities on many throws. Ask Bert Jones.

Tomlin can say whatever the hell he wants to right now. He could say 100% he's is playing on Sunday, but the official injury report is the only thing that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Ed Werder reported today Ben was in so much pain that he is going back to get further MRI's and evaluations done, he also hurt his ribs as well. He wont be playing soon. Right Shoulder sprain is pretty bad, just a generic term depends on severity. You cant throw a football with accuracy and velocity with a shoulder sprain. If he does try even their will be pick 6's opportunities on many throws. Ask Bert Jones.
    I'm a rock climber and had a Grade 2 AC Separation from a severe shoulder impact, (They are calling this a SC Separation which is unique). I was in pain, although I didn't go to the ER... Well I started to and then my buddy and I decided to stop at sonic and get chilidogs instead. Beers and Ibuprofin kicked in and I slept poorly and in pain. Next day at the airport I had trouble lifting my arm to get it in and out of my coat. Got home, got X rays, saw ortho, wait on surgery. After a week I was back climbing lightly, 3 weeks close to 100%. Trowing a football is a different movement than climbing though. I didn't feel loads on the AC joint when I climbed. I think the AC (or SC) joint would take a big load with a throwing motion.

IMO, He will not be playing. Anyone want to bet lunch?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I'm a rock climber and had a Grade 2 AC Separation from a severe shoulder impact, (They are calling this a SC Separation which is unique). I was in pain, although I didn't go to the ER... Well I started to and then my buddy and I decided to stop at sonic and get chilidogs instead. Beers and Ibuprofin kicked in and I slept poorly and in pain. Next day at the airport I had trouble lifting my arm to get it in and out of my coat. Got home, got X rays, saw ortho, wait on surgery. After a week I was back climbing lightly, 3 weeks close to 100%. Trowing a football is a different movement than climbing though. I didn't feel loads on the AC joint when I climbed. I think the AC (or SC) joint would take a big load with a throwing motion.

IMO, He will not be playing. Anyone want to bet lunch?
    +1

Did the same thing snowboarding. Full AC separation, grade 2. I elected to not have surgery on it, but I did go to the ER and was on perc's for about 3 weeks until the swelling went down. I didn't really have much range of motion for about 2 weeks and after about a month I could move my shoulder without much pain, but I couldn't do push ups and jogging bothered it after about 10 minutes. It was a good 3 months or so before I could really get back into the gym and hit the weights.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Ben is tough. And dramatic. He'll play, throw five TDs and help his wife give birth at midfield during halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by ccoolahan14 View Post
    The Steelers could have a corpse at quarterback and they could still win a Super Bowl. Their games are rigged. I’ve been saying it for years, and every year is more proof. People realize that last time Roethlisberger got hurt, Charlie Batch went undefeated with the exception of the Ravens game, and the Ravens needed a last second Flacco TD pass to win. Oh yeah, and IN BALTIMORE the Ravens needed OVERTIME to beat the Steelers with Dennis Dixon (out of the league) at quarterback (the Ravens have won 15 straight home games!) . Roethlisberger is irrelevant, if the refs are there, the Steelers will be fine. They will probably just need him in the playoffs if they are to play the patriots, otherwise it doesn't matter.
    :grbac: smh...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Look, Ben is going to be out. Bank on it. If I am wrong, then trotting his beat up ass on to the field is a recipe to end his career. I hate the Steelers but I think Ben, drama aside is one of the toughest S.O.B.'s on the planet. I would hate to see him come back only to suffer additional trauma. He should be shelved for the sake of his career as well as the next few years of the organization.

What must happen is the Raven's must look hard at the little bit of tape on Leftwich and this new offense. I am not up on all the nuances of Haley's short passing attack, but it would seem that without great accuracy, Byron may be very susceptible to the blitz, in specific Pollard. I would play a lot of man, and cheat the safetys and make Byron beat us. Don't let them motherfuckers run an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Look, Ben is going to be out. Bank on it. If I am wrong, then trotting his beat up ass on to the field is a recipe to end his career. I hate the Steelers but I think Ben, drama aside is one of the toughest S.O.B.'s on the planet. I would hate to see him come back only to suffer additional trauma. He should be shelved for the sake of his career as well as the next few years of the organization.

What must happen is the Raven's must look hard at the little bit of tape on Leftwich and this new offense. I am not up on all the nuances of Haley's short passing attack, but it would seem that without great accuracy, Byron may be very susceptible to the blitz, in specific Pollard. I would play a lot of man, and cheat the safetys and make Byron beat us. Don't let them motherfuckers run an inch.
    wordword

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    He should be shelved for the sake of his career as well as the next few years of the organization.
    Agreed. They aren't dumb enough to bring Big Jen out. One big legal hit by Suggs or Ngata could do some serious damage to his shoulder with it already being sprained.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Agreed. They aren't dumb enough to bring Big Jen out. One big legal hit by Suggs or Ngata could do some serious damage to his shoulder with it already being sprained.
    Besides, an SC joint subluxation, with the Clavicle protruding (medially, i.e. towards the inside of the body and throat and lungs could be dangerous if another big hit is sustained.) I don't know what his joint is doing.. but returning with any weakened joint would be bad.