Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: falcons release ray edwards

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I know this may sound crazy, but what if we were to actually let our own players develop for once?

Courtney Upshaw is becoming a monster. Tyson has looked good in limited action and paul kruger may just be a great situational player.
    Man...

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Yeah, cause Yanda, Flacco, Oher, Torrey Smith, KO didn't start as rookies.

Rice didn't start as a 2nd year player.

Cody wasn't also a starter in his 2nd year.

They didn't start a 3rd year CB (Webb) and an unknown former-PS player (Williams) to start last season at CB.

They didn't release Heap prior to last year and allow Pitta and Dickson (both in their 2nd years) to take over at TE.

They didn't start this season with Harewood at Guard.

And, they didn't let Redding and JJ go this year, and give McPhee and McClellan/Kruger/Upshaw a chance to take those starting spots.
    You are obviously wasting your time...It's unbeleivable that people still cling to that "we don't play young players" bullshit. Despite ALL the evidence to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Watch NE scoop him up.
    Who cares...Ray Edwards sucks...BAD.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Edwards is strictly a 4-3 guy. He's also become fat and lazy since he got paid. Playing for a winning team obviously isn't motivation enough for him. No team should sign him until his money runs out and gives him incentive to play again.

Blog Entries

He has not been the same player, but im not sure how much of that is on him vs adjusting to a new team (its only been a little over a year). right team he may return to some of his past glory, which i admit is inflated due to who he played with. With McPhee still hurt and a similar sized guy, i could see them at least kicking the tires, but like many posted above, i dont really see it as a fit.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

It is intriguing...but I actually think we could see this D maybe turning over a new leaf because they were pretty impressive against the Raiders. Granted, there is a MAJOR difference between the Raiders and some of the better teams in the league, but still...Cody played well. Art Jones played well. Suggs was Suggs. Kruger played well. Upshaw played well. Tyson and Hall both played well. Ngata and McPhee weren't even in the game and neither was Jimmy Smith. Cykie Brown played well. Ihedigbo played decently enough. Ellerbe continues to be impressive.

I'm just saying...this D could be starting to put things together and we're all seeing how much better Upshaw has gotten has he's become more comfortable in this D and in the NFL.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Edwards is strictly a 4-3 guy. He's also become fat and lazy since he got paid. Playing for a winning team obviously isn't motivation enough for him. No team should sign him until his money runs out and gives him incentive to play again.
    Sounds like he and McKinnie would be good buddies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It is intriguing...but I actually think we could see this D maybe turning over a new leaf because they were pretty impressive against the Raiders. Granted, there is a MAJOR difference between the Raiders and some of the better teams in the league, but still...Cody played well. Art Jones played well. Suggs was Suggs. Kruger played well. Upshaw played well. Tyson and Hall both played well. Ngata and McPhee weren't even in the game and neither was Jimmy Smith. Cykie Brown played well. Ihedigbo played decently enough. Ellerbe continues to be impressive.

I'm just saying...this D could be starting to put things together and we're all seeing how much better Upshaw has gotten has he's become more comfortable in this D and in the NFL.
    I agree, I think there was some adjustment but the last two weeks, against inferior competition, theyve made strides. How that holds up against the better teams is yet to be seen, but i think there are some signs its improving.

Upshaw is looking more and more comfortable, but hes playing on the DL now, which is where some, including myself, thought he was best suited to play (4-3 DE, not necessarily DT like hes playing). Hes not always there, but hes certainly helped there as much or more than he was at OLB. Got to give Pees some credit for thinking outside the box and not just allowing us to keep putting square pegs in round holes. I dont mean that Upshaw should only play DL, but his willingness to try new things to get better results is a good thing.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I agree, I think there was some adjustment but the last two weeks, against inferior competition, theyve made strides. How that holds up against the better teams is yet to be seen, but i think there are some signs its improving.

Upshaw is looking more and more comfortable, but hes playing on the DL now, which is where some, including myself, thought he was best suited to play (4-3 DE, not necessarily DT like hes playing). Hes not always there, but hes certainly helped there as much or more than he was at OLB. Got to give Pees some credit for thinking outside the box and not just allowing us to keep putting square pegs in round holes. I dont mean that Upshaw should only play DL, but his willingness to try new things to get better results is a good thing.
    Upshaw tracking down DHB for a loss was really impressive. DHB is one of the quickest guys in the NFL and he couldn't shake Upshaw at all.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Watch NE scoop him up.
    Nah, they don't play Atlanta in 2 weeks ;)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

If Bruce Smith announced he was coming out of retirement their would be people on this board saying we should give him a shot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Nah, they don't play Atlanta in 2 weeks ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    I think he's worth a shot... Maybe we'll catch lightning in a bottle... It's not like it could hurt any
    Who would you cut to sign Edwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    If Bruce Smith announced he was coming out of retirement their would be people on this board saying we should give him a shot.
    That is ridiculous!!!!...There is no way that Dan Snyder is on these boards.