Blog Entries
    I would low risk high reward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Steelers dump Alameda Ta’amu

When are the waiver claims made?

Blog Entries

It would make sense to claim him before the Steelers game for any inside INFO, you know the Pats would do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It would make sense to claim him before the Steelers game for any inside INFO, you know the Pats would do it.
    If he makes to the Ravens, I think Ozzie is going to claim him. However, the points made by other posters are accurate, in that some other team will probably claim him before the Ravens have a chance. The Ravens are getting beated physically on the DL. That is unlike anything we have seen with them in a very long time. I don't think that you can fix the run defense with a change of scheme, when your NT is getting pushed 5 yards backwards by an offensive lineman that weighs 40 lbs less than he does.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You say that, but there are so many head cases that have talent that teams keep or even make trades for. This guy is no where near the head case that Aquib Talib is, and yet the Patriots trade a 4th and 7th for him. I watched extensive tape of this kid, and talent is not the problem at all here, he was one of the better NT prospects that I've seen for a while, I'm in no way betting money here, but I can easily see a 3-4 based team like the Cowboys claiming him before us, they need Dline help badly, especially at NT.
    He's also nowhere near the player that Aquib Talib is.

He's not coming here. He's a Terrance Cody clone, except immature, inexperienced, and not as good. His position would be redundant
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    When are the waiver claims made?
    Claims must be made by 4:00 today. If he's claimed, it will likely come out around 5-6ish.

Even if the Ravens place a claim, I would expect someone with a higher priority to claim him.

That said, one interesting note: He has a partially guaranteed contract, so any team claiming him would be on the hook for some of those future guarantees is they decide to also jettison him in the future.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    He's not coming here. He's a Terrance Cody clone, except immature, inexperienced, and not as good. His position would be redundant
    :word

If he did come here you'd have to cut Cody or Kemo. They're not going to carry an extra DT. He's not going to beat out either of those guys this year.

Speaking of Cody I think he has a big game on Sunday. He has owned Pouncey since college, I just wish the coaching staff would let him go back to his unorthodox style which is the one armed push up to shed blockers. That's when he was effective.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

If he did come here you'd have to cut Cody or Kemo. They're not going to carry an extra DT. He's not going to beat out either of those guys this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    I dont think he compares to Cody at all, but I don't think he will be a Raven either. It's not like Pittsburgh is chock full'o nose tackles either. So, if they were willing to part ways with him you'd have to think that the Ravens probably wouldn't be interested either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont think he compares to Cody at all, but I don't think he will be a Raven either. It's not like Pittsburgh is chock full'o nose tackles either. So, if they were willing to part ways with him you'd have to think that the Ravens probably wouldn't be interested either.
    Who do you think he does compare to?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

Not saying that it's going to happen - or that they are even interested - but they could cut Bryan Hall if they needed to make a move.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap